Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Observation: Republican party intimidated by the worst President in U.S. history

Burgold

C'mon, you can't say you've haven't heard Obama being called the worst President in U.S. history hundreds if not thousands of times. Heck, in the Tailgate alone it's been a recurring and repeating mantra forever. He's been compared and negatively compared with Carter before he was sworn in. I'm just taking what you guys are endlessly repeating and asking if you really feel this way then why are there so many prominent names or ambitious politicos who are deciding not to run? The biggest Republican names in the Senate and House aren't running. The most important Governors aren't running. 2/3s of the serious contenders from the last go around aren't running.

If Obama is as bad and as vulnerable as our earstwhile conservative friends are always moaning about then why are so many not running if for no other reason than the good of the country. If he's as bad as they are all forever saying, if the only good thng on his resume was a decision every President would have made and he had no role other than nodding his head, everyone who feels love for this country or ambition in the heart ought to be throwing their hat in the ring.

If Obama is as bad and as vulnerable as our earstwhile conservative friends are always moaning about then why are so many not running if for no other reason than the good of the country. If he's as bad as they are all forever saying, if the only good thng on his resume was a decision every President would have made and he had no role other than nodding his head, everyone who feels love for this country or ambition in the heart ought to be throwing their hat in the ring.

Personally I don't think Obama is the worst president. I think he's fairely average. He's not "change" as sold to us in 2008 other than competent was change.

And I restate my position. The thin Republican field has nothing to do with Obama being intimidating. It has everything to do with the GOP closet being bare. The GOP young guns having just achieved office don't yet have the national name recognition or the organizations to compete; and the elder statesmen in the GOP who are left are damaged goods with waining support after the GW era.

What we are left with are the folks with experience yest still untarnished by Bush. The wealthy former state governors who's own personal fortunes allows them flexibility others can't match; or former national leaders who sat out the GW years like Newt.

I also think Obama having no heir appartent for 2016 means their is no rush for young republicans to launch themselves prematurely into the national lime light. I mean any incumbant is going to be harder to defeat than a non incumbant right?

Obama's is looking very strong right now because of Osama; but that bump will be gone by the 2012 election. In 2012 it's going to be about the economy, unemployment, and who runs the best campaign. I think either Mitt or Newt can give Obama a run for his money if unemployment is much over 8%.

Guest Spearfeather

Cry us a river Burgold. Bush was compared to Hitler by the far left.

So, Obama was compared to Carter. So what?

I hated that and fought against that every time I heard it. It was an assinine comparison. That said, Obama has also been compared to Hitler.

It seems detractors right and left have no imagination, intelligence, or common sense.

Obama was compared to the devil, Hitler and Stalin for Christs sake. :ols:

Personally, I think Clinton and Bush II were the worst of my lifetime, but that's probably just because I don't know how far Bush I hands reached.

And Christ, for Christ's sake.

(Don't seem to recall "W" getting that one.) :ols:

Yeah, but usually sarcastically. I don't remember many libs or dems calling him the "messiah" Usually, it was thrown out as an insult to the overly ardent admirers and gushing Obamaniacs. If it makes you feel better I suspected once or twice that Cheney and Rumsfeld had a God complex.

Guest Spearfeather
Obama was compared to the devil, Hitler and Stalin for Christs sake. :ols:

Personally, I think Clinton and Bush II were the worst of my lifetime, but that's probably just because I don't know how far Bush I hands reached.

Just to let ya know, Bush and Reagan were also compared to the Anti-Christ.

---------- Post added May-18th-2011 at 11:48 PM ----------

Yeah, but usually sarcastically. I don't remember many libs or dems calling him the "messiah" Usually, it was thrown out as an insult to the overly ardent admirers and gushing Obamaniacs. If it makes you feel better I suspected once or twice that Cheney and Rumsfeld had a God complex.

article-0-0C308B85000005DC-40_468x627.jpg

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/undergod/2008/02/obama_the_messiah.html

Just to let ya know, Bush and Reagan were also compared to the Anti-Christ.

Was Reagan ever called a Kenyan sleeper Muslim terrorist? It's a ridiculous contest, Spearfeather. I don't want to play My Dad can beat up your Dad with which President has been treated worse by the opposition. It is sad that Obama has had to deal with being called Hitler, Satan, Stalin, terrorist, unAmerican, monkey, etc. It's equally sad that Bush was called a murderer, Hitler, and whatever else he was called.

Edit: that's really cool. How did you post that from the future? The time stamp says that you posted that almost four hours from now. As to the pic and the caption, do you really think that's calling Obama a God literally?

Guest Spearfeather
Was Reagan ever called a Kenyan sleeper Muslim terrorist? It's a ridiculous contest, Spearfeather. I don't want to play My Dad can beat up your Dad with which President has been treated worse by the opposition. It is sad that Obama has had to deal with being called Hitler, Satan, Stalin, terrorist, unAmerican, monkey, etc. It's equally sad that Bush was called a murderer, Hitler, and whatever else he was called.

Edit: that's really cool. How did you post that from the future? The time stamp says that you posted that almost four hours from now. As to the pic and the caption, do you really think that's calling Obama a God literally?

No, I don't.

and

I agree, and I wasn't trying to get into any kind of contest with you.

Not to the victims of an unjust war. Just saying.

That's a harder and much more complex argument. I feel it was an unnecessary war. I think that Bush and others honestly thought it was necessary for a number of reasons. We had a pretty good argument about that in the Obama bad thread. I don't think I would call Bush a murderer. He is however, responsible, for many deaths as is any President who decides to go to war (especially pre-emptively)

That's a harder and much more complex argument. I feel it was an unnecessary war. I think that Bush and others honestly thought it was necessary for a number of reasons. We had a pretty good argument about that in the Obama bad thread. I don't think I would call Bush a murderer. He is however, responsible, for many deaths as is any President who decides to go to war (especially pre-emptively)

I imagine you and I would feel much stronger about it if we were on the receiving end of it. America **** yeah though, right?

Without question. I think about that sometimes in the Israel/Palestine debates. As the son of a Holocaust survivor and someone who has lost family in Israel to Palestinian terror I can be pretty protective when it comes to Jews and Israel. If I were a Palestinian, I'd likely feel the same protectiveness and frustration in the reverse direction.

Today, I'm sure there are members of Al Qaeda who view Bin Laden's killing as a brutal and honorless murder. Definitions are often made by what side of the bed you wake up on.

Guest Spearfeather
Agreed and the Israel Palestine issue is another tough one. I think that entire thing was handled poorly by everybody from the start and I don't know who or how anybody can be the bigger people, to just forgive and stop the violence.

I'd honestly like to ask you and Burgold if you agree with this statement that I've heard many times.

" If the Palestinians laid down their arms, there would be peace in Israel. if Israel laid down their weapons, it would cease to exist."

I'd honestly like to ask you and Burgold if you agree with this statement that I've heard many times.

" If the Palestinians laid down there arms, there would be peace in Israel. if Israel laid down there weapons, it would cease to exist."

Yes, I do agree with that statement. That still doesn't make Israel an innocent, but I very much believe that. As I've said before I place the blame about 70/30 with the Palestinians shouldering 70% of the blame.

" If the Palestinians laid down there arms, there would be peace in Israel. if Israel laid down there weapons, it would cease to exist."

I'd probably agree with that, but not completely. It doesn't matter though, because They aren't and we aren't going to stop backing Israel blindly and creating more hate in the entire area.

Guest Spearfeather
I'd probably agree with that, but not completely. It doesn't matter though, because They aren't and we aren't going to stop backing Israel blindly and creating more hate in the entire area.

Well, my only problem with that would be; it's not that they aren't, they can't.

Reading the thread title again, it occurs to me that I certainly would be intimidated by the worst President in US history.

If I spotted reanimated-zombie-corpse James Buchanan standing in my front yard, or next to my bed in the middle of the night, muttering about how it's illegal to stop the South from doing a thing that's illegal, I'd run screaming like a little girl.

Archived