Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Leonard Hankerson doing drills this week...(Merged)

redskinsbaby123

I'm just happy he's not taking a vacation (ahem ahem), instead he's preparing for TC and he still has the drive to be the #1 guy. That's my biggest concern with draft picks, it seems like their motivation fizzles out after they've "made it" (by just being drafted).

Instead, this guy is out doing drills and trying to eek out any improvement he can get before he gets with the team. I'm really excited to see how this guy does come TC time (hoping a miracle happens and they actually HAVE TC).

I can't view FB at work .... what does it say (beyond the obvious)?

He's just doing this concentration drill where a guy about 5 yards away throws him two baseballs on either side of him, at the same time, and Hankerson catches one in each hand at the same time, then as the video progresses he's barely caught the first couple when the 2nd couple are coming at him. It's a concentration/hands/reaction drill and he's flawless of course, but the main thing is that our WR is working without being forced too.

If we ever need someone to catch 2 baseballs at the same time, he will be the man for the job.

Drills like that actually do help players become more natural receivers. My brothers and I used to have one of us begin running toward the side of a pool, the other throw the ball in a hard to reach, diving was required, type of catch would be necessary, and we had to hold onto the ball after hitting the water. It sounds ridiculous, but after we'd done that all summer my hands were amazing the next season. I caught everything thrown at me and was our #1 receiver before having a spinal injury that knocked me out of football for life.

Obviously highschool and the NFL aren't the same thing, but these type of drills really do work. If the guy can catch two baseballs simultaneously with two hands, then it should be fairly easy to concentrate on catching one football with both hands.

If we ever need someone to catch 2 baseballs at the same time, he will be the man for the job.

Maybe the Nats need someone?

But all joking aside, I am glad they got a reciever who is detirmined to work. He reminds me of a young TO. Talented athelete with a huge chip on his shoulder who wants to come in and prove something. Hopefully that is where the comparison ends...

He's just doing this concentration drill where a guy about 5 yards away throws him two baseballs on either side of him, at the same time, and Hankerson catches one in each hand at the same time, then as the video progresses he's barely caught the first couple when the 2nd couple are coming at him. It's a concentration/hands/reaction drill and he's flawless of course, but the main thing is that our WR is working without being forced too.

His hands are so huge I thought they were golf balls at first :silly:

Gotcha.

Thanks!

(starving for stuff to discuss with this damn lockout!)

Drills like that actually do help players become more natural receivers. My brothers and I used to have one of us begin running toward the side of a pool, the other throw the ball in a hard to reach, diving was required, type of catch would be necessary, and we had to hold onto the ball after hitting the water. It sounds ridiculous, but after we'd done that all summer my hands were amazing the next season. I caught everything thrown at me and was our #1 receiver before having a spinal injury that knocked me out of football for life.

Obviously highschool and the NFL aren't the same thing, but these type of drills really do work. If the guy can catch two baseballs simultaneously with two hands, then it should be fairly easy to concentrate on catching one football with both hands.

That's the kind of drills that seems stupid but that really works.

The amazing part in this, is that he really seems to do this with ease, looks like a natural move to him.

As it was said, it's good to see guys working when they are locked out.

Is Fat Al still working on his Burger chewing skill?

Totally joking guy. I know, I played WR in HS and at a D3 university before gaining 30 pounds in the off season and moving to LB. Not by choice.

Art Monk was 6'3" 210. Hank is 6'3"209. Really looking forward to seeing what Hankerson can do in his rookie season. Monk had JT tossing him the football while as of now Hankerson has Rex and Beck. overall i think the skins got a heck of a deal for their third round selection.

Archived