Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Leonard Hankerson doing drills this week...(Merged)

redskinsbaby123

I like that he's practicing, but man, you guys are easily impressed.

What do you expect man? This is the closest thing to a practice we've seen video of since before the playoffs.

I think you're underestimating the value of this, obviously catching two baseballs at the same time = SB! :ols:

I like that he's practicing, but man, you guys are easily impressed.

He's well on his way to being a fan favorite if he keeps posting little videos of him doing a random drill. With the lockout looming, the fact that he's a rookie, our WR corp lacks serious depth...we'll latch onto anything possible.

I do however think we need a Hankerson bandwagon nickname.

Hurtin' for Hank

Heirs of Hanker?

Hanker's Heirs?

Honk if you love Hank?

Honking for Hankerson?

What do you expect man? This is the closest thing to a practice we've seen video of since before the playoffs.

Might be the closest thing we see for a very long time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/694229-nfl-lockout-why-complete-shutdown-by-owners-would-be-a-brilliant-move

The possibility of the NFL "going out of business" is a preposterous one to most people, but if the owners think the players' demands will put them out of business in a few years, then there is no reason to drag the process out.

The core of the labor dispute is the owners say they are giving up too much to the players. Whether that is an accurate statement or not is a matter of debate, but the owners have made their feelings clear and they are not going to budge from that point, so arguing it is a waste of energy.

The players do not want to give anything up and decertified as a union as part of a litigation strategy and to force the owners into a corner.

But now this news from Profootballtalk.com:

We’re hearing initial rumblings pointing to the possibility that a loss by the league at the appellate level will prompt the owners to completely shut down all business operations until the players agree to a new labor deal. The thinking is that, if the owners cease all operations, the NFL would not be violating the court order because there would be no lockout. Instead, the league essentially would be going out of business—something for which the NFL repeatedly chided the union in the weeks and months preceding decertification of the NFLPA.

Looks like you all's receiver core may be pretty good for whoever is undercenter

It's far from a proven commodity but it's nice to finally have some young guys with upside. The past few years of sucking would have been much more bearable if there was young talent being groomed.

Might be the closest thing we see for a very long time.......

Yeah, I saw that this morning. If they "go out of business" doesn't that mean all player contracts are null and void and there is no such thing as player rights? If that's the case, then what's to stop every player from leaving the NFL and heading to the UFL? If they're not going to get paid anyway, why would they bother to stay?

I think this may be the ultimate killing of the golden goose. Both sides are ******* stupid.

It's like they're willing to possible **** up football permanently, but they're not willing to give and take a little here and there.

Of course, none of that has anything to do with this thread, so it's probably better discussed somewhere else.

---------- Post added May-9th-2011 at 06:00 PM ----------

Looks like you all's receiver core may be pretty good for whoever is undercenter

Hopefully 4 receivers drafted in two years will net SOMETHING.

I guess you could even include the last 2 Vinny drafts, that would make it 7 receivers in 4 years (or 8 if you say Fred Davis is a receiver, since he isn't a blocking TE).

I think you're underestimating the value of this, obviously catching two baseballs at the same time = SB! :ols:

All we need to do is go to the circus. The guy holding the bowling pins will bring us the trophy!

We’re hearing initial rumblings pointing to the possibility that a loss by the league at the appellate level will prompt the owners to completely shut down all business operations until the players agree to a new labor deal. The thinking is that, if the owners cease all operations, the NFL would not be violating the court order because there would be no lockout. Instead, the league essentially would be going out of business—something for which the NFL repeatedly chided the union in the weeks and months preceding decertification of the NFLPA.

If anyone truly believes this, I've got some swamp land in Florida for sale.

The owners can't afford to go a season without football. They have no guaranteed money from the networks anymore...that was taken off the table.

It'll only take a six or eight owners to protest before everyone is back to the table.

He's well on his way to being a fan favorite if he keeps posting little videos of him doing a random drill. With the lockout looming, the fact that he's a rookie, our WR corp lacks serious depth...we'll latch onto anything possible.

Hankerson's Heroes? I love that he is both dedicated enough to put in the work and savvy enough to show the fans the work that he is putting in. Hopefully he becomes a contributor.

Hurtin' for Hank

Heirs of Hanker?

Hanker's Heirs?

Honk if you love Hank?

Honking for Hankerson?

Handy Hankerson.... Those are monster hands though!

Hurtin' for Hank

Heirs of Hanker?

Hanker's Heirs?

Honk if you love Hank?

Honking for Hankerson?

"Godzilla Hands Hank" is my personal favorite so far...

"Novelty Foam Handkerson" is nice, but too comedic lol

If this happened, what would that mean for current, under-contract players? I've paid attention to this point, but haven't seen details about this angle on the whole ordeal. Would existing contracts be voided, making all players free agents when things started up again? I doubt it, but I'm only interested in knowing the answer to this in detail (if, of course, there are any real details to be had).

Archived