Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Redskins front-runners for V. Young

warren

That's funny how out of 85 pages you and ole SonnySide is the only people who even mentioned race.

Who were the guys we were suppose to be ignoring because they have no value to the discussion?

Was Addicted one of them?

Actually some moron made a "John Rocker" comment, but since he's on your side, it's no big deal.:cool:

That's funny how out of 85 pages you and ole SonnySide is the only people who even mentioned race.

You should take a look at SonnySide's posting history, there's a recurring theme, bet you can't guess what it is...

You have to question the motives of someone who debates race as often as he does in a football forum, that is clearly going to have a large % of blacks

You should take a look at SonnySide's posting history, there's a recurring theme, bet you can't guess what it is...

You have to question the motives of someone who debates race as often as he does in a football forum, that is clearly going to have a large % of blacks

Because there is never an honest discussion about race and I'm not afraid to argue that racism exists on all sides of the spectrum.

I despise hypocrites who won't admit racism on their side.

BTW, sorry you don't think black people can handle discussions of race.

Because there is never an honest discussion about race and I'm not afraid to argue that racism exists on all sides of the spectrum.

I'm not getting into this with you, you've made your views on race very clear before. I don't agree with them.

I've left this stupid thread alone for a while now.

Before I did though I posted all sorts of stats, news articles, and proof to my point but some of you won't believe anything. Nothing is going to convince you that VY isn't great. If I recall correctly your the poster who doesn't have a favorite team, you said yourself you just follow Vince Young

Am I correct? If so thanks again for posting what I said about a cult like following.

There isn't any thing objective to your posting. Your just someone with no team, which is really sad considering I am a Texan myself and would never respect someone without a team. Try being real like I am proudly a Redskins fan in the great state of Texas for a change. It's about a TEAM not a PLAYER

What did you do to deny anything other then post some youtube videos of VY and cheerlead? LL posted his entire season but after wasting an hour + watching that all I could say is gimmie that damn hour back. As far as QB's go VY's fools gold. He's Jason Campbell with worse stats. He doesn't carry a team.

And more importantly if you haven't noticed yet this Redskins team lacks

Chris Johnson - One if not the best RB's in the league today

A bunch of 6 foot plus WR's like he had in Tennessee

A big TE

We don't have similar players for VY to throw too and you can't point to me in 47 games but a handful of times when VY put his team on his back and won them anything. Less then 8 times he ever did that in 50 starts. Yet here you are dissing me instead of dissing my arguement like DG just did because you guys can't. When it comes down to all of these posts it boils down to this...

"If we can pick up VY for a small incentive ladden contract would you support doing that?"

First problem with that arguement is not one of you cheerleaders in here have any knowledge of the wording of the contract he is going to demand but your using this open ended statement to get followers of your wishes. It's just as possible he signs a bad deal that he

Second problem is that none of you want to admit that VY has been a bust in the NFL so far and has a long way to go to be any good. Meaning he needs to be developed. If he needs to be developed after 50 games, then your just talking about the word "POTENTIAL"

Potential is just a pretty way of saying "Disappointment"

For now its all water cooler talk, no one knows anything certain about this guy but you guys are talking about him as if he's not been a bust so far or that he doesn't have a lot of improving to do still.

And none of you are looking at why this is happening in the first place.

So ignore me if you want. If this world always ignore different opinions then we'd all be like each other and what funs that?

You still haven't responded to the only thing that I said. You wrote this big long post and it didn't mention anything about the statement that I made.

And by the way I think I've stated that I was actually at that game in the youtube video.

I didn't say you were one of the ones to be ignored I asked cause you said something about racist when no one else but SonnySide who obviously hates the guy immensely posted anything about race in regards to this thread.

Then you responding by stepping right over the statement by saying basically I am one of the blind supporters of Vince. And here again you have done the same thing.

---------- Post added May-11th-2011 at 03:50 PM ----------

If this thread turns into a race discussion because of the two people on the board that want to keep bringing it up that's unfortunate!

I at no time said I just follow Vince Young. Your obviously just saying stuff to prove your point.

It was talked about and ridiculed that I am a Titans/Texans fans. And it was also stated that I don't like the stupidity of the Texans transactions.

You must be from a small town.

You still haven't responded to the only thing that I said. You wrote this big long post and it didn't mention anything about the statement that I made.

The statement you made was that I mentioned Race

Ok and so what?

Look above you at that arguement about race going on.

What did you think I was talking about?

And by the way I think I've stated that I was actually at that game in the youtube video.

Cool but I've been to Cowboys games and that doesn't make them any good either

I didn't say you were one of the ones to be ignored I asked cause you said something about racist when no one else but SonnySide who obviously hates the guy immensely posted anything about race in regards to this thread.

Ok my friend you missed years of Jason Campbell here and the race thing thrown around alot. Its horrible talk but it always comes up. That's what I mentioned it. It devides the forum. I don't care if the QB was any race but to be honest I do day dream that once in my lifetime I will see some sexy blond girl QB for us. Just so I know what the girls see when they watch the games too :)

Then you responding by stepping right over the statement by saying basically I am one of the blind supporters of Vince. And here again you have done the same thing.

Well I do think that your a supporter of Vince but I don't think your blind. If you were blind you couldn't have seen I missed that comment. :)

And as for the arguement I don't think there has been much of one. Seems lots of posters are on the VY bandwagon, that the arguement when pressed comes down to a hypotetical question about the contract we "might" sign him too. And I want there to be two voices here. The reason I left this thread days ago was when DG and someone else forget who just dissed me, and not the post I made. I get that from some here which sucks. People attacking me, not my points. So when I see that I step back and take a break until the next time I feel like disagreeing. And as soon as I open my mouth the same folks are there dissing me, not my point and life goes on. Sucks but what can I do? Nothing. I'm out. Have a good one and hope the storm doesn't hit you

The statement you made was that I mentioned Race

Ok and so what?

Look above you at that arguement about race going on.

What did you think I was talking about?

Cool but I've been to Cowboys games and that doesn't make them any good either

Ok my friend you missed years of Jason Campbell here and the race thing thrown around alot. Its horrible talk but it always comes up. That's what I mentioned it. It devides the forum. I don't care if the QB was any race but to be honest I do day dream that once in my lifetime I will see some sexy blond girl QB for us. Just so I know what the girls see when they watch the games too :)

Well I do think that your a supporter of Vince but I don't think your blind. If you were blind you couldn't have seen I missed that comment. :)

And as for the arguement I don't think there has been much of one. Seems lots of posters are on the VY bandwagon, that the arguement when pressed comes down to a hypotetical question about the contract we "might" sign him too. And I want there to be two voices here. The reason I left this thread days ago was when DG and someone else forget who just dissed me, and not the post I made. I get that from some here which sucks. People attacking me, not my points. So when I see that I step back and take a break until the next time I feel like disagreeing. And as soon as I open my mouth the same folks are there dissing me, not my point and life goes on. Sucks but what can I do? Nothing. I'm out. Have a good one and hope the storm doesn't hit you

Fair enough, on the Campbell thing. Didn't know how it went down. It was already mention that I support Vince.

However I don't agree seeing as this is a Redskin forum and there are only a few posters like me in this thread. I think the majority of the poster are Redskins fan who either say he as done enough to get a try out with a cheap contract or say they don't want him here.

I'm not dissing you. Like i said I was commenting on the race part. Which was part of your comment. Just a thought, if you would have added that race conversations came about in other threads on this forum then the context would have been there.

But yea its all good. Na no storm I'm in Arizona. I wish I could go home but can't right now. Anyway Peace out

Clearly you're all over this thread like a hawk. Waiting for VY to sign?

You have roughly 20 posts in the last two days. 12 of them are in this thread. Half of those are merely commenting on the length of the thread.

I'm not really sure you have room to throw stones, in terms of who's "all over" this thread.

Either way, I'll leave you with the response I already gave you, in response to your snide remark about "waiting for VY to sign"....you know, last time you accused me of being "#1 on his bandwagon", or some bull****.

Actually, not at all. I'm open to the idea. I actually hated it at first, and then read up on this thread, and said just that: that I'd be open to it, under the right circumstances. Our team isn't good enough or talented enough to be snobby. Then, I actually watched every pass he threw in 2010, and came away with a different impression entirely. I was willing to allow my preconceived notions to be questioned and altered.

I'm still not 100% on board with the idea. And there are lots of "ifs" that go along with the idea, to me.

"Statistics are like women; mirrors of purest virtue and truth, or like whores to use as one pleases."

Well done.

---------- Post added May-11th-2011 at 08:15 PM ----------

I would give us a 10% chance of signing VY. A lot of peeps are fired up on each side and adding a guy with ALL of the red flags (been there done that) doesn't get me siced but if we can do it on the cheap (2-3 YR deal with TONS of incentives if he's cut) then he's better than who we currently have on the roster (Beck). I have my doubts that a guy like VY will ever get it but I'd be willing to roll the dice.

Vince's Votaries is so perfect.

Well' date=' passing attempts increased in weeks 5 & 6, in games in which we trailed by 2 scores against GB and Indy. And there appears to be a marginal increase during parts of mid-season when we had no real option at RB when Torrain was out.

But, I don't know how anyone can attempt to make any real sense of the Redskins stat's from last season relating to their offensive game plan approach.They can be spun anyway you like.

Four overtime games, numerous blow-outs, aside from one half against the Bucs having no RB for a third of the season, having a three score lead on the Texans yet only posting 18 rushing yards total,32 first downs against the Titans, games with 6 turnovers in....

The stats are a mess.

All last year proves to me is that as time unfolded, there was a lack of trust / confidence in the QB position, there was a lack of talent at the skill positions. We had injuries at RB, we had a lack of options at the wide-out position. and the OL hardly put your mind at rest prior to any snap.

We can all assume what plan we had / or whether there was a lack of a plan to start off with, but with the bodies on our roster, the way some relationships broke down during the year, plus the nature of the way some of our games played out, I think it's hard to make any hard-fast calls on our offensive game-plan.

The fact that we are faced with a change at QB, a draft that added 3 WR's & 2 RB's, and the probable impending FA splash on the OL only proves to me that we had the resources to do jack**** last year.[/quote']

I really think we need some kind of rating system for posters, because this is one of the best posts in this thread.

Well said, bud!

Ive posted lots of stuff throughout the thread. I don't understand how if you have read the whole thread your still asking questions that have already been asked and discussed? I've talked alot about this topic on here with my opinion and twitter with other info. Again if you read the thread you would know I just started defending young based in the nonsense and hate being pulled and thrown at him for no reasonand not because I think its a great front office move.

Actually, the questions I've asked have not been answered. Where is the proof that they were down in every game Young threw over 30 times? And why did Collins have so many more pass attempts per game?

I think when people believe so strongly in something they will reach and bend whatever to prove it. This thread is 80 + pages and 40 of them are trash and have nothing to do about football and its just hate filled vile. Think its sad and didn't show a good lighting the board. So I came in to turn it around into a football discussion. Of course you know all this because you read the thread right ..

We were talking football. You didn't come in here like some hero. There was plenty of football talk. You simply didn't agree. And that's okay. You don't have to and nor should you. And yes, I read the thread, thanks for the sarcasm there. Hey, did I tell you I read the thread? Cuz I did.

Force feeding Vince Young doesn't make it any better, upon the constituents.

You don't have to enjoy the buffet. You can also take solace in the fact that he may or may not be our QB next year but if you're against it then there is a really good chance that he won't be wearing the BnG. Our starting QB next year is either Beck (roster), Grossman (FA), Young (Titan's roster), Hasselback, Sorgi, Smith, Orton (Bronco's roster), or even the long shot of all (McNabb). It's all conjecture.

Actually, the questions I've asked have not been answered. Where is the proof that they were down in every game Young threw over 30 times? And why did Collins have so many more pass attempts per game?

We were talking football. You didn't come in here like some hero. There was plenty of football talk. You simply didn't agree. And that's okay. You don't have to and nor should you. And yes, I read the thread, thanks for the sarcasm there. Hey, did I tell you I read the thread? Cuz I did.

Kdawyg It is already a given that they passed more with Collins in the game. In all actuality a few years ago he was still a better passer than Young. He is a season veteran who coincidentally had similar problems off the field being a drunk and needed rehab and all that before playing better.

So there is no dispute that they passed more with Collins. But what's your point. They were still losing! I showed a game during the 0-6 time. CJ had 16 carries I believe with 197 yards yet they still loss. You or someone point out as well accumulative CJ has a better per carry avg with Collins yet they still lose.

So that's why I'm still trying to see your point.

All this the defense was great, they passed more stuff. Why weren't they winning?

Who creates the rating systems?

Nobody knows.

But we think they are an elitist group found at the northern most point of the south side of the South Pole.

Their legend grows stronger with each member joined. One day we shall uncover the mystery that is the creators of the user rating system.

Nobody knows.

But we think they are an elitist group found at the northern most point of the south side of the South Pole.

Their legend grows stronger with each member joined. One day we shall uncover the mystery that is the creators of the user rating system.

Hahahah good one! Thats funny!

Archived