Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFP: Leonard Hankerson calls himself the best WR in the draft

Hitman21ST

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Leonard-Hankerson-calls-himself-best-wide-receiver-in-draft.html

“I know I’m better than each one of those guys that was drafted before me,” Hankerson told The Sports Junkies this morning on 106.7 The Fan, according to Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post. “Hey, it’s over with now. I’m a Washington Redskin. I can’t do anything about it. Only thing that matters is what I do after the draft, so I’m looking forward to getting on the field with my new teammates, getting to meet my coaches and just having fun with them and proving (it) to everyone.”

To everyone who says they want "swagger" and confidence in players on this team, I give you Leonard Hankerson.

:drooley:

Although refreshing, I want to echo Chill's sentiments. If we had drafted him and he came out said "I'm the x best receiver in the draft" and the number was anything other than one I'd be really disappointed in the selection.

Id prefer he proved it before he spoke... but Ill take it regardless.

Breaking every significant receiving record at Miami goes a long way to proving it. Think about it, he had a better year than Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss and Michael Irvin.

Good, glad to hear it! Now go prove everyone wrong!!

---------- Post added May-3rd-2011 at 04:35 PM ----------

Breaking every significant receiving record at Miami goes a long way to proving it. Think about it, he had a better year than Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss and Michael Irvin.

And he did it with less around him. Think of the players that were on those teams with Moss, Wayne, Johnson, etc.

oh Im not disagreeing with that or being pessimistic, but Devin Thomas was a hell of a player in college too and spoke highly of himself. I need performance on the NFL field. Definitely like the pick though and I liked watching him at the senior bowl

Go on the Junkies podcast and listen to him say it, he was repeatedly qualifying it by saying things like "I think I'm the best receiver, of course, that's how I approach the game, but I'm gonna help the team first." Reading his words in print make him sound a bit more self centered than they really were. He comes off as both humble and confident if you listen to his tone.

Seriously listen to the interview:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2011/05/03/skins-3rd-round-pick-wr-leonard-hankerson/

oh Im not disagreeing with that or being pessimistic, but Devin Thomas was a hell of a player in college too and spoke highly of himself. I need performance on the NFL field. Definitely like the pick though and I liked watching him at the senior bowl

Devin Thomas was a 1 year wonder at MSU. Hankerson was a 4yr guy. No comparison there.

Devin Thomas was a one year wonder. Hankerson led Miami in receiving yards his junior and senior years, got significant playing time his sophomore year, and got two starts his freshman year.

Devin Thomas was a one year wonder. Hankerson led Miami in receiving yards his junior and senior years, got significant playing time his sophomore year, and got two starts his freshman year.

note taken... and agreed. Just show it on the field. I like the outspoken vet leaders who have already done it, while the rookies silently dominate and build an NFL resume

And when I watch his highlights he is always adjusting to catch balls thrown high, inside, low or long. I did not watch a lot of Miami games but it looks like he put up some nice production with very ordinary QB play. Be nice to see him play though before we start the HoF voting campaign .....

And when I watch his highlights he is always adjusting to catch balls thrown high, inside, low or long. I did not watch a lot of Miami games but it looks like he put up some nice production with very ordinary QB play. Be nice to see him play though before we start the HoF voting campaign .....

i think you are being very generous saying ordinary there, i watched a lot of Miami games and both their QBs were horrible.

Dude has huge hands, the first thing I noticed was the ease that he pulls down one hand catches. I hope he ends up being a steal and ends up being a foundational player a la Monk or Orakpo.

My son and I have been practicing one hand catches for the past 5 years, both left and right. He is 13 and just shot up to 5'11'' and now he can jump (basketball practice) up over people and pull them down with one hand. But this guys hands are amazing from what I could see on videos. I know there is some concern about his hands in his freshman/sophomore year but the vids I see he must have 3 or 4 beautiful one handers, thrown too high, thrown behind him, etc....

Man did we get our corner fades back?

We'll never know how good he really is until we get a good QB throwing to him... you think Armstrong would have put up those numbers last year without McNabb's deep ball ability?

Considering that he still did it with Sex Cannon throwing him the ball, I would have to say yes.

Archived