Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFP: Leonard Hankerson calls himself the best WR in the draft

Hitman21ST

It seems like I'm in the minority here but this kid is starting off his career on the wrong foot. I love confidence but quiet confidence/determination instead of touting it in the media. I don't get the swagger/show off thing you guys keeping alluding to, maybe because I'm not from the US or I'm old fashion but I believe in players that come in, put in the tough work and play their hearts out on Sun and let the media make the praises than a guy coming in blowing his own horn saying he is the best player whatever.

I like the guy and hope he does become the best WR in the draft, work hard enough at it and the praises will come in time.

It helps him that I will compare him to Michael "beat my running back" Westbrook. Rod "50/50" Gardner, Devin "Where am I now" "Video Diva" "no skills" Thomas.....

How can this guy lose? And he was drafted at excellent value. If he is near as good or even 88% as good as Mike "White House Presidente" Irving from the loser team down in Texas with washington "Bama" fans than I will be happy. 1000 yards this year or next year would be awesome.

I don't mind that he said it. Just keep it at that tho.. I don't want to keep hearing about how great he thinks he is until he shows it.

This is gonna be a really tough season for all rookies... considering there is almost no offseason. I really hope he turns out to be great because I have been hyping him to my Cowboy fan friends. Not that I'm already sold on the kid tho, only because it's fun to taunt my friends with SOMETHING.

As a VT fan this pains me to say, but, I always get excited when we draft a UM player.

All I keep hearing from detractors is "yeah big hands but he can't catch, har har." It's very annoying. For those that have watched a lot of Miami football is this true? Or slightly true?

I get so tired of everyone either being projected as a superstar worth drafting or a huge bust that you waste a pick on. Is there no middle anymore?

All I keep hearing from detractors is "yeah big hands but he can't catch, har har." It's very annoying. For those that have watched a lot of Miami football is this true? Or slightly true?

I get so tired of everyone either being projected as a superstar worth drafting or a huge bust that you waste a pick on. Is there no middle anymore?

Dunno, but it seems like he catches the ball pretty well...72 catches last season with 13 of them being TDs. From what I've read he will occasionally drop an easy pass but apparently he has gotten better at that over the last couple of seasons. From what I've seen his hands look soft, he catches the ball away from his body, has good concentration (I think that was his main problem earlier on), and can made some serious "wow" catches because he has very good body control and hands the size of a small car.

Wide outs all have egos the size of circus tents. It comes with the position.

Destino, shame on you. I cannot believe you would make a statement like that. I know you know of Art Monk, and there are other examples available as well.

Destino, shame on you. I cannot believe you would make a statement like that. I know you know of Art Monk, and there are other examples available as well.

Different time period. He's right: Fitzgerald is one of the few examples of a star WR that isn't a diva in some way.

And when I watch his highlights he is always adjusting to catch balls thrown high, inside, low or long. I did not watch a lot of Miami games but it looks like he put up some nice production with very ordinary QB play. Be nice to see him play though before we start the HoF voting campaign .....

I couldn't care less what he says about himself. I want to see RESULTS.

And Leonard, if you ever become a starter, don't say that "The U" bull****.

I love the pick only keep asking: why did this guy drop?

The WR's picked before him

A.J. Green 1, 4, 4

Julio Jones, 1,6, 6

Jonathan Baldwin, 1, 26, 26

Titus Young, 2, 12, 44

Torrey Smith, 2, 26, 58

Greg Little, 2, 27, 59

Randall Cobb, 2, 32, 64

Austin Pettis, 3, 14, 78

I understand some WR's who went before him, but Pettis? What does that guy bring you instead of Hankerson? He is a bit taller but not the fast at all.

I just don't get it,

You know, watching tape of Devin Thomas and tape of Hankerson, you can see the difference. One is a great athlete dominating lesser athletes. And the other is a great football player. I really think Hankerson is legit.

He will. They all do.

Hell, I'm pretty sure even Mike Mayock said "The U" at least once this past weekend.

And he did it with less around him. Think of the players that were on those teams with Moss, Wayne, Johnson, etc.

Having less around him can also aid his numbers. Less people to spread the ball around too. More focus on getting it to him.

That's always been my argument about Andray Blatche and the people who watch 10 Wizards games a year and then throw out his stats. The team sucks and somebody has to get numbers.

Meet Clinton Portis II. I like Clinton Portis.

Sounds like a guy who believes he can be the best and will put the team on his back to win a game.

As long as he is the best receiver on our roster I will be happy.

Archived