Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

Bump...

Well here we are 7 months after the seats were removed, yet still we have no renderings or press releases about whats going on with the party decks.

You'd think by now the team should be trying to create some kind of buzz about whats 'New For Next Year'... since this year is well, you know, all but over.

The silence leads me to believe that nothing is planned for next year. The upper deck will remain as is bc they'd be promoting by now if there was a plan for improvement.

Bump...

Well here we are 7 months after the seats were removed, yet still we have no renderings or press releases about whats going on with the party decks.

You'd think by now the team should be trying to create some kind of buzz about whats 'New For Next Year'... since this year is well, you know, all but over.

The silence leads me to believe that nothing is planned for next year. The upper deck will remain as is bc they'd be promoting by now if there was a plan for improvement.

Yeah, at this point I think the plan was to first yank the seats out, and then figure out what to do next after the end of the season.

Why would the Redskins want to announce any stadium improvements in the middle of the season? The time to announce something like that would be in the off season when they start the season ticket sales push. It's all about the football team at this time of year. They cannot even start any construction until about March/April anyway because of the weather. Announce something 4-5 months before anything can physically be seen? Besides, after the crap they caught last year, I would not expect anything until they have answers to all the questions likely to be raised by fans and media.

They cannot even start any construction until about March/April anyway because of the weather.

Really? I see major construction projects working year round all over the DC area. They halt work if there's enough snow and ice, but how often is that?

Announce something 4-5 months before anything can physically be seen?

Renderings. Most teams produce virtual tours of their venue upgrades long before the shovels hit dirt.

Besides, after the crap they caught last year, I would not expect anything until they have answers to all the questions likely to be raised by fans and media.

Lets hope they get it right this time S&S.

I honestly believe the whole "party deck" thing is a fantasy. They leaked rumors of it when tearing out those big sections, because hey, "We are blasting ugly holes in the stadium because cool-ass PARTY DECKS are on the way" sounds better than "We are ripping out 8,000 seats because we don't have a snowball's chance in hell of selling them."

I really doubt there's gonna be a "400 level party deck." It doesn't make much sense to me that anybody would want to pay to stand up there when for the same money you could actually buy seats.

I honestly believe the whole "party deck" thing is a fantasy. They leaked rumors of it when tearing out those big sections, because hey, "We are blasting ugly holes in the stadium because cool-ass PARTY DECKS are on the way" sounds better than "We are ripping out 8,000 seats because we don't have a snowball's chance in hell of selling them."

I really doubt there's gonna be a "400 level party deck." It doesn't make much sense to me that anybody would want to pay to stand up there when for the same money you could actually buy seats.

Pretty much. They were endanger of a blackout and they decided to spin it. Which is stupid because of all the fans of other teams here in this area. Lots of national companies have offices in DC and lots of the companies here hire people from across the nation.

There's been people waiting for season tickets for years, but they said they couldn't sell them. Suuuure ....

CL, I think they do or did have an idea of putting in a party deck. There are several rows beyond where the fence is in the end zone sections where the seats have been removed but the concrete rows are still there, leading me to think that they might use those as tiered standing areas like they have in the club level and distinguishing it from the SRO areas at Cowboys Stadium, where apparently if you're not in the first few rows you're screwed as far as seeing the field.

But yeah, it remains to be seen whether this will actually come to fruition, and obviously they took the seats out because there were no buyers.

CL, I think they do or did have an idea of putting in a party deck. There are several rows beyond where the fence is in the end zone sections where the seats have been removed but the concrete rows are still there, leading me to think that they might use those as tiered standing areas like they have in the club level and distinguishing it from the SRO areas at Cowboys Stadium, where apparently if you're not in the first few rows you're screwed as far as seeing the field.

But yeah, it remains to be seen whether this will actually come to fruition, and obviously they took the seats out because there were no buyers.

I noticed those extra rows this week too, but that doesn't really mean anything. It's just for safety...put the fence right at the edge of a mortally dangerous abyss, or leave a few extra rows? I think I understand why they left a few extra rows.

I really wish that they would rip out all of the OV seats in the lower bowl. This would accomplish a lot of things. It would put budget consciousness fans in the UL to fill it up, it would give more value to the tix STH's purchase in the 100's because it would be easier to maneuver in the LL concourse, and you couldn't get downstairs on the cheap anymore.

Its adorable that folks still think there are some great stadium improvements coming.

I can't wait until this off-season so Larry Michael can start hyping up the "BIG CHANGES" and then they announce - "Redskins to start using energy efficient light bulbs!!!!!!"

Its adorable that folks still think there are some great stadium improvements coming.

I can't wait until this off-season so Larry Michael can start hyping up the "BIG CHANGES" and then they announce - "Redskins to start using energy efficient light bulbs!!!!!!"

Is there a major upgrade you've hot your heart set on or something? The sound system could use upgrading but they did improve the big screen dramatically.

Is there a major upgrade you've hot your heart set on or something? The sound system could use upgrading but they did improve the big screen dramatically.

The jumbotrons put in prior to the 2010 season were probably the most fan-friendly upgrade made. However, the Skins annouced that more upgrades were going to made, particularly to the lower level, prior to the 2011 season. I'm not sure exactly what has been done (maybe S&S can elaborate on what he's seen). Steinberg showed a letter that one fan got last year talking about the creation of a lower level sports bar, where all they did (unless I'm missing something) is convert one of the concessions to Greene Turtle food.

Larry Michael kept on touting up something that was going to "knock your socks off," and it turned out to be the solar stuff. While the covered spaces in the parking lot are nice and you can't criticize Snyder for it, its not exactly something that is a great fan enhancement.

I really wish that they would rip out all of the OV seats in the lower bowl. This would accomplish a lot of things. It would put budget consciousness fans in the UL to fill it up, it would give more value to the tix STH's purchase in the 100's because it would be easier to maneuver in the LL concourse, and you couldn't get downstairs on the cheap anymore.

Agree with you on all those points, plus it would reduce the lines in the restrooms and the concession stands on the visiting side of the field. The situation is SO BAD that the TD Club people have their own bathroom in the TD Club pavilon.

Why they did not reduce the prices in the UD seats and/or introduce youth tickets is beyond me.

The fact that there are so many club level party decks seats available on Stubhub for cheap makes me question the sanity of putting party decks on the UL. If people weren't paying to sit there, how much are they going to pay to stand there???

The jumbotrons put in prior to the 2010 season were probably the most fan-friendly upgrade made. However, the Skins annouced that more upgrades were going to made, particularly to the lower level, prior to the 2011 season. I'm not sure exactly what has been done (maybe S&S can elaborate on what he's seen). Steinberg showed a letter that one fan got last year talking about the creation of a lower level sports bar, where all they did (unless I'm missing something) is convert one of the concessions to Greene Turtle food.

Larry Michael kept on touting up something that was going to "knock your socks off," and it turned out to be the solar stuff. While the covered spaces in the parking lot are nice and you can't criticize Snyder for it, its not exactly something that is a great fan enhancement.

In the concourse behind my section (131), they've added huge TVs playing games from around the league. It's one of those huge screens that's split into multiple screens. I think it plays up to 9 games at once.

In the concourse behind my section (131), they've added huge TVs playing games from around the league. It's one of those huge screens that's split into multiple screens. I think it plays up to 9 games at once.

They don't have that in the other endzone bar behind 112...

To be clear, i don't think there is a 'party deck'

There are 'standing room only' sections on each end of the field above the TV's.

I may be wrong, but I think the plan was to turn the removed sections into the 'party deck', but it has not been done. They aren't bad sections, only negative is they're in the endzones (and you have to stand for 3 hours).

Standing for 4 hours at Fed Ex doesn't really appeal to me. Considering there are always plenty of seats available in the upper deck I'd probably just go up there if I found myself with a SRO tickets.

access to club level will not want u to do that. no lines for bathrooms, great food, couches for halftime, great entertainment.

Well that kinda sucks. I was thinking it was some sort of bar or something like that.

Johnson, there is a bar in the concourse directly behind your seats where you can get drinks (have to pay, of course).

The party deck at the end of the stadium you'll be at is also in between the two food court areas as well which probably have the best selection of food in the stadium.....although that really isn't saying much. Yesterday we were hungry at halftime so we just decided to get an order of chicken fingers and fries to split. I was used to the portion only containing three chicken fingers on a bed of fries, but these fingers were the puniest I have ever seen. For the great price of $10. Reminded me why I rarely purchase anything at FedEx.

access to club level will not want u to do that. no lines for bathrooms, great food, couches for halftime, great entertainment.

I've been to the club section several times and none of these things actually happened. The couches are all taken, the food is terrible and expensive, and there were lines everywhere.

Besides...I roll in the Loge!

Archived