Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Dallas - Donovan McNabb– “Redskins, I’ll Pay YOU to Let Me Go!”

HapHaszard

"Nice guy? I don't give a crap. Good father? Screw you, go home and play with your kids! This is business here, and you better produce -- if not, it's hit the bricks pal, because you are out!"

You see this watch?

You see this watch?

That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing.

Per LL on his Twitter:

McNabb's a **** and almost got in a fight in the locker room......again

Unless I took this line out of context, that says a lot about McNabb.

i'm on this site every day. not sure how i missed that. when did that happen?

I thought McNabb wanted to be a Redskin:ols:, just shows what type of dude he is...His whole persona of "I'm above it all" is so fake...

I realize it didn't work out with McNabb, but honestly ask yourself, would you not do the same thing as McNabb if you were put in his shoes?

I realize it didn't work out with McNabb, but honestly ask yourself, would you not do the same thing as McNabb if you were put in his shoes?

No, i agree with you. Yes, if I were McNabb I would want to get off this sinking ship. However, this whole show McNabb puts on every year " I want to be on X team" and "I am above it all" is so ridiculous. Just say, "hey it didn't work out"

let me throw a little nugget that i hope dont make it in news.. first guys thats why we talk n code.. no 2 be rude but at least make them work for it a little lol . Now whe McNabb came n he had full support of the locker room but as time went on sure nuff people starting see past the stuff, looking at the cooley interviews you can see it , they dont jump right out to defend him. No with Locker let me Warn that this very well could happen, but let me kinda be a voice of reason.. Kyle was in on the McNabb trade but Kyle thought he would be able to change a couple things in McNabbs games, well we all see that , that did not happen, McNabb been in the league 12 plus years he figs the way he does it is just find, Now if they get a Locker.. this guy is a Rookie.. he can be molded into what they want.. he also would be holding the clipboard there for a while, a couple vet QB being looked at 2 be short term... Yes Rex, Beck, Young, Matt Hassle and even Bulger have been brought up, Young and Beck could maybe be long hold overs in case they dont get who they want, but thats the fun of the draft.. 1-9 will for sure change our board.. then the offers we get from teams behind can change our board.. which i know we would all love to pick up extra picks.. anyone that says 100% he is going to the skins, cant do that, i cant give u a straight answer, they are truely high on Quinn but would if he is not there at 10 we try to move....just a little insight , pretty nice size rant hope you guys dont mind , it will be fun here later in the week... lets enjoy this time now guys because its gonna get crazy with this CBA noise.. and just so no one starts.. regardless of the season record.. with FA- Minicamps-Training Camps all being messed with right now .. Mike Shanny.. will be back for a 3rd year guys.

I'm having a little trouble with this article for a number of reasons. The website basis their argument on the assertion that Donovan had been quoted saying, "Redskins, I’ll Pay YOU to Let Me Go!”. They also claim that Washington Post had originally reported this, "Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb says (my emphasis) that he’ll give back 3.5 million bucks if Washington will just let him go already! The Washington Post is reporting that he’s willing to pay the Redskins back his $3.5 million dollar signing bonus, if he’s let out of his contract."

I crossed referenced the Washington Post website for the article where they claim to have gotten this information and found nothing but general speculation. I also couldn't seem to find an audio link or transcript of the interview where he claims to have "said" this. The closest I could get was from an April 18th article that says "It is believed (my emphasis) that McNabb would be willing to give back the $3.5 signing bonus he received last fall in exchange for his release."

Additionally, it seems that there has been little to no buzz from major media outlets (i.e. ESPN, NFL Network) regarding Donovan's "quote".

This is just poor journalism and a desperate attempt to drive traffic to the website on a slow news day.

let me throw a little nugget that i hope dont make it in news.. first guys thats why we talk n code.. no 2 be rude but at least make them work for it a little lol . Now whe McNabb came n he had full support of the locker room but as time went on sure nuff people starting see past the stuff, looking at the cooley interviews you can see it , they dont jump right out to defend him. No with Locker let me Warn that this very well could happen, but let me kinda be a voice of reason.. Kyle was in on the McNabb trade but Kyle thought he would be able to change a couple things in McNabbs games, well we all see that , that did not happen, McNabb been in the league 12 plus years he figs the way he does it is just find, Now if they get a Locker.. this guy is a Rookie.. he can be molded into what they want.. he also would be holding the clipboard there for a while, a couple vet QB being looked at 2 be short term... Yes Rex, Beck, Young, Matt Hassle and even Bulger have been brought up, Young and Beck could maybe be long hold overs in case they dont get who they want, but thats the fun of the draft.. 1-9 will for sure change our board.. then the offers we get from teams behind can change our board.. which i know we would all love to pick up extra picks.. anyone that says 100% he is going to the skins, cant do that, i cant give u a straight answer, they are truely high on Quinn but would if he is not there at 10 we try to move....just a little insight , pretty nice size rant hope you guys dont mind , it will be fun here later in the week... lets enjoy this time now guys because its gonna get crazy with this CBA noise.. and just so no one starts.. regardless of the season record.. with FA- Minicamps-Training Camps all being messed with right now .. Mike Shanny.. will be back for a 3rd year guys.

Wow. I didn't think that we'd get that much out of you, LL, or TK ever. Sounds good to me if he thinks that Locker is the guy.

What an excellent, amazing post. More than a nugget, I believe this is the most we've gotten all at once ever.

Great insight on the deterioration of McNabb's tenure here, as well as the draft and FA.

I've said it before, and it bears repeating: Don't listen to the "haters". There are many of us that love your info and your insight, whether things change or happen that way or not.

Thanks, your insight is ALWAYS appreciated.

I love nuggets.:)

Much appreciated jsteelz.:cheers:

Incredibly informative stuff. Thank you.

Shanahan and company should be blamed. It turned out to be a terrible trade. One I have to admit, I thought was a solid move at the time.

But McNabb... well, he was far from all class here. The Fletcher Smith nonsense exposed that.

Also, ask the insiders on this board. His Redskins teammates are hardly devastated about him moving on. And a lot of his old teammates in Philly couldn't wait for him to go. The words "phony" and "two faced" come up a lot.

Yeah, you're right.

If I remember correctly, many of McNabb's former teammates sided with T.O. when they went through thier "drama".

I find that very telling.

No, i agree with you. Yes, if I were McNabb I would want to get off this sinking ship. However, this whole show McNabb puts on every year " I want to be on X team" and "I am above it all" is so ridiculous. Just say, "hey it didn't work out"

And I agree with you. I remember him saying distinctly during his final season in Philly "I will be an Eagle [next season]"

My thing is that I don't think McNabb will do anything significant to help our situation. I also don't think Shanahan will do anything to help the McNabb situation. Both are the problem right now, and one just to go (and we know its not Shanahan)

Archived