Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Dallas - Donovan McNabb– “Redskins, I’ll Pay YOU to Let Me Go!”

HapHaszard

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/04/21/the-jock-itch-with-jasmine-donovan-mcnabb-redskins-ill-pay-you-to-let-me-go/

DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) Leading off my “Jock Itch” for Today: Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb says that he’ll give back 3.5 million bucks if Washington will just let him go already!

The Washington Post is reporting that he’s willing to pay the Redskins back his $3.5 million dollar signing bonus, if he’s let out of his contract.

Is it any coincidence that the Vikings continue to be linked to Donovan, along with the Cardinal, Seahawks, 49ers and Bills—all who need a veteran quarterback right now?

According to a “source,” the Vikings are HIGHLY interested in Donovan, but obviously, no deal could be made until there’s a new collective bargaining agreement.

BUT, the source also continues to say that none of the teams that are pressing for McNabb are wanting to cough up a whole lot of money for the 34-year-old, not because they doubt his skills, but because the Redskins already tipped their hand that he won’t have a future in Washington!

Supposedly, whenever the lockout ends, the Redskins will have to cooperate with McNabb on a destination because they’ll have to get him to rework the contract he signed last November.

AND, given if McNabb is still on the Redskin’s roster the day after the first regular season game, then Washington would also have to decide whether to pick up the $10 million option on his contract.

Click on the link to continue reading

---------- Post added April-21st-2011 at 08:20 AM ----------

this was meant for BRBN Sorry

They can sit on him until right before the season if wanted. If the Vikes or AZ or San Fran wants him. Its worth even a conditional pick based on his play. However, I think there are two teams that could be offered a package deal (assuming there is a CBA). Minny and Tenn could use both McNabb and Haynesworth. I think the both guys would do well in Minny's dome next year.

They can sit on him until right before the season if wanted. If the Vikes or AZ or San Fran wants him. Its worth even a conditional pick based on his play. However, I think there are two teams that could be offered a package deal (assuming there is a CBA). Minny and Tenn could use both McNabb and Haynesworth. I think the both guys would do well in Minny's dome next year.

Yea, if we dont hold on to him till the last min and get a pick for him i would be pretty mad. It's a mean move but oh well. We gave up a 2nd for him last year so im not willing to just eat that and move on. If someone wants him/needs him that bad they will have to pay

People on this board are hilarious. All this venom for McNabb "Goodbye and good riddance.", "i'd pay to have him gone too...",...."Maybe we can all donate to get rid of him! ".

Just another in a long line of terrible decision making by this organization, and any frustration and/or hate should be directed at the leadership. We have the colossal debacle of Haynesworthless but this almost ranks as high IMO. Skins will be lucky to get anything for McNabb at this point,...I hope they do but it's unlikely. If I were McNabb I'd want out too.

People on this board are hilarious. All this venom for McNabb "Goodbye and good riddance.", "i'd pay to have him gone too...",...."Maybe we can all donate to get rid of him! ".

Just another in a long line of terrible decision making by this organization, and any frustration and/or hate should be directed at the leadership. We have the colossal debacle of Haynesworthless but this almost ranks as high IMO. Skins will be luck to get anything for McNabb at this point,...I hope they do but it's unlikely. If I were McNabb I'd want out too.

I agree; I have no idea what the point was of trading for this guy who came in and did exactly what we knew he'd do, being so familiar with his strengths/weaknesses, then unnecessarily dogging him when we have so many many holes to fill offensively (and well, defensively too). Now they've "tipped their hand" screwing up dealing him. Amazing.

I like McNabb. He didn't play well here, so what? He certainly isn't the first FA to suck here.

That said, we should not just "let him go". Forget that! We traded for him so someone else should trade to get him. It won't be much, but he can't be free.

Four or five games into the season, SOMEONE will be desparate enough to give us a pick for him. Don't let him go before the trade deadline.

The only chance the 'Skins have of getting pick compensation, is IF the injunction is filed, and IF some team is desperate to get him in camp on time.

If neither of these things happen the 'Skins will NEVER pay that $10mil bonus, and one of the aforementioned teams will get McNabb for peanuts. IMO, this is what will happen..

Just another in a long line of terrible decision making by this organization, and any frustration and/or hate should be directed at the leadership. We have the colossal debacle of Haynesworthless but this almost ranks as high IMO. Skins will be lucky to get anything for McNabb at this point,...I hope they do but it's unlikely. If I were McNabb I'd want out too.

No doubt man. McNabb has handled himself really well the entire time he's been here.

It sucks it didn't work out for him here, but how can you hate a guy for coming in and trying to do his job?

I believe he wanted to do big things in DC-- but it obviously wasn't a good fit or a good trade. That falls on the big guys upstairs, not on #5.

"Sources" :ols:

Dude copied & pasted a conversation between Steelz & Tandler on twitter yesterday.

---------- Post added April-21st-2011 at 09:22 AM ----------

Dude copied & pasted a conversation between Steelz & Tandler on twitter yesterday.

What it is going to come down to is if a mid to low round draft pick is worth 3.5 million. Do they want the 3.5 back or would they rather have the draft pick. I think that should be a Snyder decision. I know he has been staying out of it lately, but this is his money that we are talking about. I am sure we will be able to get a pick for him, but not much of one.

I know we gave up a pick for him, but that's in the past now. Let's try a new concept and start thinking realistically.

no venom. he seems like a nice enough guy. i just want to win. and it doesnt appear that he's going to be able to help us do that. so, good riddance. the fact that the skins gave up so much for him makes it easy to want him gone if he doesnt want to be here.

The only compensation we can expect is the mental compensation we can get from holding McNabb until the last possible minute before releasing him - there by screwing him over a little bit. That and a few bucks.

We have zip, zero, nada leverage here, and anyone still holding out hope that there is a draft pick coming back to us needs to give it up now.

We have zip, zero, nada leverage here, and anyone still holding out hope that there is a draft pick coming back to us needs to give it up now.

Why should we give up hope for compensation? It sounds to me like McNabb wants to play for another team, and is willing to pay back money in order for that to happen. So I'm assuming that also means that McNabb would be willing to restructure his contract to a more trade friendly figure. My guess would be a 3-5 round conditional 2012 pick.

Wow, it really is amazing. I follow the insiders on Twitter and when I saw this post I immediately thought to their conversations, aforementioned by TK. I know the insiders have mentioned that their stuff often can get copied and pasted (especially with a lot of the Denver and Ryan Harris stuff) by "reporters", but this one seemed really blatant.

Anyways, goodbye to McNabb. The best thing to me about this whole McNabb situation is the Redskins Front Office willingness to admit a mistake and move on from it immediately. In my opinion, and I've stated this numerous times, the worst thing an NFL franchise can do is fall in love (or give waaaaayyyyy too many chances to) a mediocre quarterback (see: Jax with Garrard, SF with A.Smith, etc).

Archived