Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor - Redskins Already Have 2 Trade-Down Pacts In Place To Gain a 2nd Rounder

3 Rings

if they look elway they look locker. i mean elway compares himm self most to locker. then jake plummer and jake locker are almost the same. and jake locker and cutler are very simular. physical speaking locker seems smart enough shannahan, shannahan and lefure are all well respected coaches which is why i kinda think lockers the choice cause he has the best physical ability a decent leader and smart enough to run the O. and i believe both shannahans and the QB coach will belive they can coach him up.

I just finished reading "For Whom the Bell Tolls". This post could have been written by Ernest Hemingway himself.

:2ndplace:

if they look elway they look locker. i mean elway compares himm self most to locker. then jake plummer and jake locker are almost the same. and jake locker and cutler are very simular. physical speaking locker seems smart enough shannahan, shannahan and lefure are all well respected coaches which is why i kinda think lockers the choice cause he has the best physical ability a decent leader and smart enough to run the O. and i believe both shannahans and the QB coach will belive they can coach him up.

This is barely readable.

What point are you trying to make, exactly?

What would people think of #10- Watt and #41- Paea?

Carriker-Paea/Byrant-Watt would be strong up front and maybe let Wilson/Alexander/Jackson prove year 2 is better. We have so many holes, I'm wondering if this would make the D exciting enough for people to be happy even if the offense gets low round guys and a few FA's.

I'd rather go Jordan/Paea.

I'd be fine with that, although the idea is the same.

But I think you have to be drunk to think Shanahan goes Defense/Defense.

This is kinda what I was looking for ;) I would agree, but it seems like the stronger class right now.

What about Tryon Smith and Paea?

What would people think of #10- Watt and #41- Paea?

Carriker-Paea/Byrant-Watt would be strong up front and maybe let Wilson/Alexander/Jackson prove year 2 is better. We have so many holes, I'm wondering if this would make the D exciting enough for people to be happy even if the offense gets low round guys and a few FA's.

There's a great case to be made to build a team through the trenches first, particularly if that's where you can get value.

Personally, I want a franchise QB #1. If that's not available, trenches it is. I could be sold on Jones or Prince, but would prefer a strategy of getting bigs to beat up other teams.

There's a great case to be made to build a team through the trenches first, particularly if that's where you can get value.

Personally, I want a franchise QB #1. If that's not available, trenches it is. I could be sold on Jones or Prince, but would prefer a strategy of getting bigs to beat up other teams.

I'm not so sure ANY of the QBs in this draft (including Gabbert) is a franchise QB.

This is barely readable.

What point are you trying to make, exactly?

He's saying that if Locker is like Elway and Plummer then Shanny likes him and he'll probably be the pick. That Lefluer (QB coach - is he still with us?) and Shanny are good at what they do and if they feel they feel they can work with Locker, he has good tools to work with.

I think they have a wink wink deal with the Vikings to swap positions in the 1st round, giving the Vikes the chance to grab Jake Locker in exchange for a 3rd round pick and at a later date they will accept a 5th round pick for McNabb. I believe they also may trade down with either San Diego or NE so they can get their man.

In my opinion, I believe the Skins are targeting Christian Ponder with NE's (17) or San Diegos pick in the first round. I'd be more than satisfied with that pick and the trades for additional picks in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Christian Ponder is the most quarterback ready and extremely intelligent qb with all the right credentials for a Mike/Kyle Shanahan lead offense. He has a quick release and the mobility necessary along with a high college completion %.

I think they have a wink wink deal with the Vikings to swap positions in the 1st round, giving the Vikes the chance to grab Jake Locker in exchange for a 3rd round pick and at a later date they will accept a 5th round pick for McNabb. I believe they also may trade down with either San Diego or NE so they can get their man.

In my opinion, I believe the Skins are targeting Christian Ponder with NE's (17) or San Diegos pick in the first round. I'd be more than satisfied with that pick and the trades for additional picks in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Christian Ponder is the most quarterback ready and extremely intelligent qb with all the right credentials for a Mike/Kyle Shanahan lead offense. He has a quick release and the mobility necessary along with a high college completion %.

I thought the Vikes gave up their 3rd this year for Randy Moss?

oops, I guess i missed that. I was just bringing up ideas for trades. I do believe the Vikings could be offering some sort of swapping the 10th and 12th for an additional pick - maybe this years 4th or next years 3rd rounder, plus and the wink wink would be sending along a 2012 4th rounder in exchange for 2012 when their is a new CBA.

The cold hard fact of the NFL is that no one wants a top 10 pick. So all these trade down scenarios might be useless, sad but true for us skins fans.

That's not true many years, depending on the talent available. But its especially not true now, when there's a good chance that by the time these rookies are signed, there will be a rookie wage scale in place.

That's not true many years, depending on the talent available. But its especially not true now, when there's a good chance that by the time these rookies are signed, there will be a rookie wage scale in place.

Still the cost of moving up in draft picks is too much for most teams. Look at the patriots, they are loaded with picks and are rumored to want to trade down again this year.

Rams would have to pay more to Julio Jones as the 9th overall pick than they would if he were the 10th overall pick. That, and I just can't see the Rams ponying up more money to go along with what they just dropped on Sam Bradford. I don't think they move at all.

That makes no sense. If you want a guy enough to give up a 2nd (only moving up 4 spots), you wouldn't care about the slotted pay difference. And this doesn't account for Dallas trading the pick to someone else to take Julio Jones.

Dallas needs a OL or DB too badly to trade down. They should be able to get one that they really need at 9. Dropping 5 spots changes all that.

Dallas has been known to pass up talent by trading down. If I remember correctly, I think they passed up on Steven Jackson and traded down, then settled for Julius Jones. There was another time they did this again, but I can't remember at the moment what it consisted of. Maybe Bobby Carpenter.

Dallas has been known to pass up talent by trading down though. If I remember correctly, I think they passed up on Steven Jackson and traded down. Then settled for Julius Jones. There was another time they did this again, but I can't remember at the moment what it consisted of. Maybe Bobby Carpenter.

Well, Jerruh has probably learned his lesson there

Dallas has been known to pass up talent by trading down. If I remember correctly, I think they passed up on Steven Jackson and traded down, then settled for Julius Jones. There was another time they did this again, but I can't remember at the moment what it consisted of. Maybe Bobby Carpenter.

Considering BOTH of those moves were undder the direction of Bill Parcell's it holds little water. Bill was a believer in VALUE, Jerruh traded back UP in the draft to get Dez Bryant, something Parcell's would NEVER do unless the guy was a guaranteed pro bowler/potential hall of famer.

Jerruh takes OL or a DB bank it, no trade.

Our best hope is that a run on DE's pushes Gabbert to Tenny and thus making them make a choice. That should push 2-3 top 10 guys down to our spot, and when multiple top 10 guys sit at our spot, we become the swinging dick at the draft. Worst case scenario is the draft truly taking the top 9 players prior to us, then there is NO Value in someone trading up.

We need something along the lines of J.Jones, R.Quinn, N.Fairley ALL being available @ #10 to make a franchise changing deal

He's saying that if Locker is like Elway and Plummer then Shanny likes him and he'll probably be the pick. That Lefluer (QB coach - is he still with us?) and Shanny are good at what they do and if they feel they feel they can work with Locker, he has good tools to work with.

Thanks man. That helps a lot.

On a seperate note, I'm feeling more than a little apprehensive about the rumors swirling around about us moving up in the draft. That would be a huge mistake, in my opinion.

So Im not sure if this has been talked about but I see ATL really wants to trade up to get a star Green or Jones.....if Jones is there wut do u guys think we could get ? would their 2011 1st 2nd and 4th and a first rd in 2012 be asking to much ? and would u do it ....I personally think if we can stack up on picks for 2012....including the 4th for JC and mabye a 3rd-5th rd for McNabb then maybe a 4th for AH it could be the draft we either trade up to get a true number 1 qb or a draft where we can find lots of young talented depth

Archived