Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSSports: Redskins looking to trade down

Xero21

The problem is finding a team to trade with. What player falling to us coule send teams running to try and move up?

Maybe Jones. Maybe Quinn. Maybe Watt. but there are no guarantees.

Not to mention that we would still need to get into the top 5 of the second round to guarantee a shot at Dalton/Locker/Ponder whichever one it is that Shanahan is targeting.

The move will be with Tampa Bay:

Swap 1st's #10 for #20, pick up a 2nd, pick up a 4th, and depending on who caves we'll either gain TB's 2nd next year or 3rd.

Tampa DESPERATELY wants a D end, and seem focused on Quinn. Being top 10 almost assuredly gets them Quinn. Tampa coming off a season of tremendous growth, and on the cusp of the playoffs, NEED a sackmonster to deal with Atl with Ryan, and NO with Brees. In order for them to take the next step a guy like Quinn is imperative. Add in Bruce Allen having ties still with Tampa, and its a logical leap to see this. The compensation will be tricky, and we let Shanny pull the obstinate role he pulled with Haynesworth it may fall thru. But as has been proven b4 Shanny can usually negotiate the hell out of trades

Just my 2c

Swap 1st's #10 for #20, pick up a 2nd, pick up a 4th, and depending on who caves we'll either gain TB's 2nd next year or 3rd.

Tampa DESPERATELY wants a D end, and seem focused on Quinn. Being top 10 almost assuredly gets them Quinn. Tampa coming off a season of tremendous growth, and on the cusp of the playoffs, NEED a sackmonster to deal with Atl with Ryan, and NO with Brees. In order for them to take the next step a guy like Quinn is imperative. Add in Bruce Allen having ties still with Tampa, and its a logical leap to see this. The compensation will be tricky, and we let Shanny pull the obstinate role he pulled with Haynesworth it may fall thru. But as has been proven b4 Shanny can usually negotiate the hell out of trades

Just my 2c

Hope you're right!

Although I wouldn't mind trading down here is my problem with it......it seems after Quinn, Aldon Smith and Miller the drop of talent in the 3-4 OLB is tremendous. So if we trade down even a few spots the chances of all three of these guys being gone are pretty good,

My next biggest problem is I just don't see the Redskins as a organization and as a fan base giving any qb's time to develop. It seems we are always in the win now mode, we need to build a team around the QB position this year and then try to land a big time QB who can step in and play right away next years draft....... kind of like wut the jets did with Sanchez. (My guess would be Luck or Barkley)

IMO we just use the 2 picks to get an elite OLB and NT in the first 2 rds and then try to find a sleeper Wr,O-linemen and RB with the rest our picks.

Quinn may go to the Cards at five is the new rumor going on right now. If the skins trade down it will be with our former Corner martin mayhew and the lions.

The lions want JJ watt Or Prince Akmura

That is a VERY real possibility. But I see Detroits Draft priorities not being "scheme specific", which means they can be VERY flexible with who they can acquire & sitting at 13 in a draft deep with defensive players I don't think warrants them shelling out a 2nd and a 5th to move up 3 spots. I could be wrong, but if Detroit moves up it will be because its someone they just HAVE to have and it would be above 10.

If Quinn is there at 10 it sounds like from LL TK and JSteelz we aren't passing him up. So we're making that move with Tampa if Quinn isn't there IMO

I hear a lot of that as well, and understand it. I could see it happening. But I don't think we'll be taking Quinn, if anything by insinuating we "love" Aldon Smith, and we "love" Quinn, we are directly sending signals to any team below us (Tampa & Houston) that they may not get the D end they want and that its gonna cost them to get him. With Houston absolutely needing 3-4 personnell for fat Wade, its almost a given the will be drafting an impact 3-4 guy. That means TB must deal with us for Quinn.

I mean if the deal ain't good enough from the Bucs, then we just take Quinn with no reservations, not a problem. But Quinn does more for Tampa's immediate success than ours, and that's the sell we use to Tampa. My personal opinion is tha we move to #20

Where either Locker or Ponder are available. (Don't kill me, but I just keep hearing and seeing how similar Locker is to all the QB's Shanny has had good results with)

My personal opinion is tha we move to #20. Where either Locker or Ponder are available. (Don't kill me, but I just keep hearing and seeing how similar Locker is to all the QB's Shanny has had good results with)

No need for apologies for that view - the insiders on ES say that Dalton is just ahead of Locker on the discussion about which of the second tier QBs we would take, but only just ahead. No mention of Ponder (which probably means he is a lock to be the pick given how close Shanny keeps his cards to his chest).

Its going to be a really interesting draft.

Some draft experts I've read, think Dalton favors most closely to Aaron Rodgers then any other quarterback in the draft. Same size. Comparable release.

Not the same arm strength though from what I have seen not that this is the be all and end all.

---------- Post added April-18th-2011 at 12:58 PM ----------

Where is Dalton projected to go?

End of 1st or beginning of 2nd?

That depends on who you believe. Anything from pick 20 down to early second would be the range.

Just my 2c

Just wondering but how r u calculating wut Tampa would give up ? it seems like an awful lot to move up only 10 spots ....Don't get me wrong I would be very happy with this situation JW if your basing this off a previous draft trade or the draft value chart or w.e

I coulda been a bit clearer with the compensation part. I meant they could possibly pick up the Bucs 4th rounder to complete the deal along with a swap of 1st's and picking up the 2nd, OR instead of getting the 4th this year picking up either 2nd or 3rd next year, depending on how things go down, and the uncertainty of the draft even happening next year.

I used the draft trade value chart. The most plain vanilla way would be 1,2 and 4 this year, I just don't think TB is gonna give up 2 picks this year when they too could use depth. So I figured a 3rd next year would be where the negotiations headed. But of course then with the uncertainty Shanny being an astute negotiator would convey the declining value of a draft pick next year when there is a real possibility of not having a draft.

I prolly didn't clear it up at all lol. Hopefully u follow what I'm saying tho

I coulda been a bit clearer with the compensation part. I meant they could possibly pick up the Bucs 4th rounder to complete the deal along with a swap of 1st's and picking up the 2nd, OR instead of getting the 4th this year picking up either 2nd or 3rd next year, depending on how things go down, and the uncertainty of the draft even happening next year.

I used the draft trade value chart. The most plain vanilla way would be 1,2 and 4 this year, I just don't think TB is gonna give up 2 picks this year when they too could use depth. So I figured a 3rd next year would be where the negotiations headed. But of course then with the uncertainty Shanny being an astute negotiator would convey the declining value of a draft pick next year when there is a real possibility of not having a draft.

I prolly didn't clear it up at all lol. Hopefully u follow what I'm saying tho

Not the same arm strength though from what I have seen not that this is the be all and end all.

---------- Post added April-18th-2011 at 12:58 PM ----------

That depends on who you believe. Anything from pick 20 down to early second would be the range.

Exactly we have places saying 3rd round and you have places speculating end of the 1st round as well. It's a tough call, but my gut feeling is not much past a mid 2nd if he even gets that far

Exactly we have places saying 3rd round and you have places speculating end of the 1st round as well. It's a tough call, but my gut feeling is not much past a mid 2nd if he even gets that far

Sounds like a guy I'm hoping we take a look at (if the comparisons to Aaron Rodgers' mechanics are accurate).

Sounds like a guy I'm hoping we take a look at (if the comparisons to Aaron Rodgers' mechanics are accurate).

Now I can see where some derive the Rodgers comparisons, although I'd say that Rodgers had the better arm coming out and many saw him as the possible #1 pick. Now I know what your saying in terms of mechanics and yes they are close and Dalton is a bit of a gun slinger, but he makes plays and he wins games. Definitely someone I'd be happy with taking

IMO we just use the 2 picks to get an elite OLB and NT in the first 2 rds and then try to find a sleeper Wr,O-linemen and RB with the rest our picks.

Sign me up for this! Screw trading down, let's get a Top 10 talent. The class is deep but that just means the talent at the top is legit.

I'm all for DE/OLB with #10 and then best NT available with our 2nd rounder. That is a BIG improvement to our defense, then we can talk about QB's.

And all these QB's people think are going in the 1st/2nd rounds will probably fall, fall, fall. I don't see any 1st round worthy QB's this year other than Gabbert, and I don't think we'd miss much if we passed on the other "top" guys. This year's class is glaringly average but people gotta hype the QB position every year. We always see guys that are "2nd round talent" dropping to the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds or not drafted at all. This year probably won't be much different.

Archived