Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSSports: Redskins looking to trade down

Xero21

We are trading back with NE to pick up Phil Taylor and Andy Dalton. Remember me saying this.

Dalton I can go with but not Taylor. People need to watch some film of him, sure he is big but he is more of a one gap penetrator rather than a two gap space eater which is what we want our NT to do. Taylor would be a good fit in a Wade Philips style one gap 3-4 but not for what we do schematically IMO.

Dalton I can go with but not Taylor. People need to watch some film of him, sure he is big but he is more of a one gap penetrator rather than a two gap space eater which is what we want our NT to do. Taylor would be a good fit in a Wade Philips style one gap 3-4 but not for what we do schematically IMO.

Is there a draft pick you think would be a good two gap NT and, if so, in what round would you choose him?

Is there a draft pick you think would be a good two gap NT and, if so, in what round would you choose him?

Jerrell Powe who is 6' 2" and 330 - he is the prototype 2 gap NT who will hold the point and absorb a double team. He does not give you much pass rush so he is a two down NT who will certainly be there is the 2nd and who might also slip into the 3rd round if we traded back and had a 3rd round pick available.

Jerrell Powe who is 6' 2" and 330 - he is the prototype 2 gap NT who will hold the point and absorb a double team. He does not give you much pass rush so he is a two down NT who will certainly be there is the 2nd and who might also slip into the 3rd round if we traded back and had a 3rd round pick available.

I like how u think. Hopefully SHanny thinks the same way. I want us to trade back as much as possible and get as greatest value as possible when trading back. So trading back in the 1st with NE to get two 1st round picks and trading back in the second to get a second and a third round pick. Then we can pick Andy Dalton/Christian Ponder and JJ Watt/pass rusher in the 1st. Then Jerrell Powe in the second and a WR in the 3rd.

One guy who some dont think can 2 gap but I can is Stephen Paea. Most feel he will be a 4-3 DT or a 3-4 NT in a 1 gap scheme, but he's so strong that I think he can be a 3-4 NT who can 2 gap. Would be a 2nd rounder but could even sneak into the late 1st as well

Where are the "Prisco is a hack. He doesn't know what he's talking about." people? Usually, that's what happens when we hear something that's not what we want to hear about the Redskins...

Most sports writers/"reporters" are complete hacks. I've started just commenting on the content vs. likely reality, rather than caring about who wrote it. Its just more productive.

Except with JLC. That guy's a douche.

Archived