Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things Americans (and others) are obsessed with, that we shouldn't give a **** about.

Mickalino

What do I care little or nothing about? What any pampered entertainer, movie star, sports figure, thinks about any issue at all. It's hard to relate to the little guys in the valley when you're a big schmuck on the mountaintop. Keep your weird thoughts in your Hollywood head and don't let them come out of your mouth.

You also just described the men who make our laws, the politicians who make similar hefty salaries and their perks

Video Games. Sorry but Madden is not all that.

That's like saying people shouldn't be obsessed with watching movies or TV shows.

It's not like people are still playing simplistic 8-bit Nintendo games. Video games are a billion dollar industry now, with a lot of top games having bigger overall budgets than many films.

That's like saying people shouldn't be obsessed with watching movies or TV shows.

It's not like people are still playing simplistic 8-bit Nintendo games. Video games are a billion dollar industry now, with a lot of top games having bigger overall budgets than many films.

Yeah, quite a few video games these days are basically like playable movies. Complete with professional actors and soundtracks written by the same composers who write scores for movies.

Thanks you added two more things to my list of things that are really not that important. Tom Hanks playing a guy stranded on an island is not that serious...he isn't that guy. Nor are you the guy scoring touchdowns or shooting enemies. It is simply entertainment, nothing to stand in line for or pre-order.

I'll never understand the popularity of Facebook.

Me either. Yet, I understand your stance on it.

Yeah, quite a few video games these days are basically like playable movies. Complete with professional actors and soundtracks written by the same composers who write scores for movies.

Basically the new age of comics. I get the connection, really I do.

At the same time most of us grow out of those things on a daily basis and have a real life of their own to be concerened with.

ES is one of those things that I look at for entertainment and insight...Insight from comics is rare although they can be entertaining. Insight does not exist in video games, nor does the entertainment value last very long.

Thanks you added two more things to my list of things that are really not that important. Tom Hanks playing a guy stranded on an island is not that serious...he isn't that guy. Nor are you the guy scoring touchdowns or shooting enemies. It is simply entertainment, nothing to stand in line for or pre-order.

Basically the new age of comics. I get the connection, really I do.

At the same time most of us grow out of those things on a daily basis and have a real life of their own to be concerened with.

ES is one of those things that I look at for entertainment and insight...Insight from comics is rare although they can be entertaining. Insight does not exist in video games, nor does the entertainment value last very long.

I think it's really odd that you're willing to give comics the benefit of offering cultural and personal insight, but not video games.

I just don't think you understand the modern day video game industry at all. Both the actual products being put forth by major studios, as well as the future of video gaming on the entertainment industry as a whole. Again, you're treating it with kid gloves like we're still talking about 16-bit Mario games, when it's rapidly advancing past every other form of home entertainment out there.

(and I'm not even a guy who plays a lot of video games- I haven't even touched my XBox since last November or December)

But we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Civil War reenactments

Are there really that many people obsessed with Civil War re-enactments?

I think it's really odd that you're willing to give comics the benefit of offering cultural and personal insight, but not video games.

I just don't think you understand the modern day video game industry at all. Both the actual products being put forth by major studios, as well as the future of video gaming on the entertainment industry as a whole. Again, you're treating it with kid gloves like we're still talking about 16-bit Mario games, when it's rapidly advancing past every other form of home entertainment out there.

(and I'm not even a guy who plays a lot of video games- I haven't even touched my XBox since last November or December)

if you live in VA, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina there are

But we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Are there really that many people obsessed with Civil War re-enactments?

There is a Renaissance fair in my town this weekend and people are all dressed up. Some people dress like pirates now and it drives the Ren fair folks crazy and they fight. That is hysterical. They challenge each other to sword fights and everything.

Any way, I don't understand celebrating a time, when insect was common, you could die from a cavity and you slept on dirt. Jackwagons.

Like.
I think (hope) he was referring to the people that take their dog with them everywhere they go, and make them where sweaters. and pretend they are human family members.

Some take it too far, but I prefer those people to the people who leave their dogs outside chained up and hit them for not understanding the basic training they never received. Judging by his posts in Vick threads and the circus thread, I'm pretty sure he thinks dogs and all animals have a place just about the stink bug.

Some take it too far, but I prefer those people to the people who leave their dogs outside chained up and hit them for not understanding the basic training they never received. Judging by his posts in Vick threads and the circus thread, I'm pretty sure he thinks dogs and all animals have a place just about the stink bug.

Basically. I've lived in other countries where they don't worship dogs and actually eat them, which is fine with me. People in this country actually care for dogs more than they do other people. That's what's sad.

Celebrities.

Apple products.

Reality TV.

Accumulating massive amounts of crap.

Owning big homes.

I will readily admit, I am soooooo freaking excited about the Royal Wedding! I'll be staying up all night to watch it live!

---------- Post added April-17th-2011 at 09:02 PM ----------

Things people in other countries are crazy about that I think is stupid: soccer

Archived