Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Dez Bryant sued over jewelry

'Skins_&_'Stons

So I guess it looks like the Dolphins asking him whether or not his crackhead prostitute of a mother would be a bad influence wasn't such a horribly insensitive thing after all.

They forced that guy to apologize, now they should force Bryant to apologize to him for publicly embarrassing him over what certainly appears to be a very legitimate question.

The apple doesn't fall far, y'know.

~Bang

$60,000 for a bracelet?? This is what's wrong with alot of these younger athletes. How about you buy a house and put some money away for yourself after your playing days are over instead of spending 3 times the amount of the average american's salary on a POS bracelet? And you know you're going to need money put away to pay child support on all those kids you'll father, so you might as well save ahead of time.

What a maroon.

So he makes about $2.8 million last year. Let's say that nets to $1.4 after taxes and agent fees. So he spends about 60% of his net on jewelry & tickets. That seems about right.

He got a deal on those cowgirl tickets at $575/seat.

Next stop for this idiot: Strip Joint arrest for making it rain.

the kid better grow up......thats all i can say. Makes me sad sometime to see such childish acts....But does anyone really care about character issues in the NFL anymore, i mean seriously, who cares???

We all know Jerruh doesn't, nor has he ever.

First he didn't have character issues, that everything was being blown out of proportion, now it's who cares if there are character issues. Keep changing your company line.

We all know Jerruh doesn't, nor has he ever.

First he didn't have character issues, that everything was being blown out of proportion, now it's who cares if there are character issues. Keep changing your company line.

im speaking of NFL teams and fans in general.....who cares...and i hardly put a lot into a mall incident and this jewelry incident as a big time problem. All i care about is his play on the field...but i do want the kid to grow up, for his own sake.......

I know the Skins dont care about Character.........to say they do would be hysterical

So let's see...

First lawsuit: $246,000

Second lawsuit: $615,000

Total: $861,000

Add to that the $54,000 dinner he paid for in training camp following the pads incident, that brings his total up to $915,000. That's not even counting lawyer's and court fees.

His rookie contract gave him 2.8 million, after taxes that would probably be in the 1.5 mil range. Dude's already down 60% of his salary, and that's not even paying his entourage or cars or anything.

Hang on a sec...

Also, the lawsuit alleges Bryant owes $15,850 in unpaid sporting event tickets. Bryant was given 10 tickets worth $5,750 for the Cowboys' 2009 regular-season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles. Bryant also got six tickets worth $3,750 for the Cowboys' playoff victory over the Eagles that same season. Cowboys games were not the only ones Bryant was given tickets for. He received four tickets to watch the Mavericks play the Cleveland Cavaliers in December 2009. The cost of the tickets totaled $2,500, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit alleges Bryant was supposed to repay Hunt when he signed either an NFL or promotional contract, whichever came first. Bryant received the items during an 11-month period starting in June 2009 when he was a junior at Oklahoma State.

So he's suspended for the season for lying about talking to Deion, then he accepts what is in essence a payment (the tickets) WHILE he's suspended. And we're surprised he keeps on having integrity issues?

im speaking of NFL teams and fans in general.....who cares...and i hardly put a lot into a mall incident and this jewelry incident as a big time problem. All i care about is his play on the field...but i do want the kid to grow up, for his own sake.......

I know the Skins dont care about Character.........to say they do would be hysterical

Going by how he treated players like Haynesworth and Devin Thomas, I'd say it's obvious that Shanahan cares about character.

Dude, get with the year. This is 2011. Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen's Redskins. The first decade of the new millennium is LONG behind us,

We're a professional football organization again. You must of missed the memo.

Hail.

im speaking of NFL teams and fans in general.....who cares

Redskins fans do. Look at the stuff that has been said about Haynesworth in the stadium. Count the number of posts from Skins fans talking about how they wouldn't want their children wearing his jersey since he represents exactly what they don't want their children to be like. There were certainly defenders of Haynesworth and people claiming everyone was overreacting but it was a very vocal minority and I found almost all of them were under the age of 22. I think all but the most stubborn of those people have changed their tune.

And personally, as an individual without children, I hate it when Redskins players make the team look bad. I hate to see a Skins player's name in the paper for something bad. Fans do care, and so do most organizations (within certain limits.) What team wants to draft someone with loads of talent that will never see the field because he's a headcase that's going to be gone in a year or two because the league kicked him out for substance abuse or he's doing time for some felony?

Teams will gamble on a person if he's talented enough, but the threshold is different for every team. Dallas' threshold is a LOT lower than any other team not name Raiders and over the last 20 years even they can't hold a candle to dallas. Haynesworth was well below my threshold. Unfortunately for the Skins I wasn't the one making that choice for them or we would have passed on him and you can check my posting history when we signed him.

It's funny how much people care when they aren't emotionally tied to a player. Just take a look at the way people rate draft picks for their team. Character matters quite a bit up until your team drafts that player and then all of a sudden it's not a big deal.

Archived