Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Dez Bryant sued over jewelry

'Skins_&_'Stons

It's funny how much people care when they aren't emotionally tied to a player. Just take a look at the way people rate draft picks for their team. Character matters quite a bit up until your team drafts that player and then all of a sudden it's not a big deal.

That all comes down to the type of person you are and your own personal values.

There's still a good few of us that adhere to the Gibbs philosophy of a lesser athlete but great locker room guy over superior athlete but malcontent.

Hail.

That all comes down to the type of person you are and your own personal values.

There's still a good few of us that adhere to the Gibbs philosophy of a lesser athlete but great locker room guy over superior athlete but malcontent.

Hail.

Like Dexter Manley?

Hey yall remember the time Art Monk stabbed his teammate in the neck because he wouldn't let him cut him in line to get a haircut?

Oh wait...

Amazing what a 6 figure pay off can buy you huh? Hall of Famer/ Attempted Murderer. You decide. And if I remember rightly, they tried to cover that one up too.

Hail.

Do you seriously want to play tit for tat on the guys Gibbs let slip as opposed to decades of Cowboys?

SERIOUSLY? You'll end up looking silly.

Hail.

Cowboys certainly had their period of excesses, though they've had one of the lowest arrest rate in the NFL the last few years.

Just invoking Gibbs' players as a symbol of all that is good and saintly when Dexter Manley was among them was sort of funny to me. I mean the guy was actually thrown out of the NFL for his drug habit.

I need the legion of Cowboys fans here on ES to remind me again how talk of Dez having "issues" is nothing but baseless, exaggerated rumors being spit out by jealous rival fans who wish Bryant was on their team...

No ****...puke fans have terrible memories.

---------- Post added March-29th-2011 at 10:46 PM ----------

Do you seriously want to play tit for tat on the guys Gibbs let slip as opposed to decades of Cowboys?

SERIOUSLY? You'll end up looking silly.

Hail.

Mr. Jones typically looks like a silly puke fan...

---------- Post added March-29th-2011 at 10:47 PM ----------

Hey yall remember the time Art Monk stabbed his teammate in the neck because he wouldn't let him cut him in line to get a haircut?

Oh wait...

:rotflmao:

---------- Post added March-29th-2011 at 10:49 PM ----------

... though they've had one of the lowest arrest rate in the NFL the last few years.

Congratulations on the last few years....:rolleyes:

This belongs everywhere Dez Bryant is mentioned. Interesting:

Fox Sports Southwest's Matt Mosley believes Ray Sherman's "close bond" with Dez Bryant led to the wide receivers coach's firing early this offseason.

These are whispers we've heard before. Sherman was soft on Bryant, allowing him to vent on the sidelines and introducing "Keepin' It Real Thursdays" for his receivers to "blow off steam" in practices. New WRs coach Jimmy Robinson will be charged with instilling more discipline in Bryant once the lockout ends. Mar 29, 9:24 PM

Source: Fox Sports Southwest

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5558/player?r=1

the kid better grow up......thats all i can say. Makes me sad sometime to see such childish acts....But does anyone really care about character issues in the NFL anymore, i mean seriously, who cares???
Plax had a number of such incidents prior to 2008. I didn't care at the time either.

Cowboys WR Bryant Accused of Non-Payment of Rent in Stillwater

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2011/03/29/cowboys-wr-bryant-accused-of-non-payment-of-rent-in-stillwater/

Matt Baker of the Tulsa World reports Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant’s legal problems date back to his days in Stillwater, according to court documents.

Bryant was sued for $3,479.80 in January 2010 for failing to pay his rent and damages at the three-bedroom, two-bathroom home he rented in Stillwater, according to Payne County District Court documents.

“He still has not paid us,” said Bryce Campbell, the manager for Jim Campbell Property Management, the plaintiff in the case. “He will not answer our calls.”

Bryant was ruled ineligible by the NCAA during the 2009 season, and he lost his final appeal on Nov. 5 of that year.

Bryant seems to feel that the rules don't apply to him because he can catch a football.

By the by, it's pretty funny watching Cowboys fans try to stick up for this clown.

Face it, you're sticking up for the draft pick you used to get him, because this guy sure seems to be a Class A piece of ****.

He doesn't "need help" as some have said. He needs to grow up, plain and simple. He's walking around like he's a 15 yr old snothead kid who just found some money, like every other wannabe thug-boy who gets his vision of wealth from rap videos and corner boys. Help is there.. the NFL has all sorts of safety net programs for young players with a lot of money and maturity issues.

There's positive mentors everywhere he turns. There are people within the NFL and the NFLPA that are there to help him with his money, and to learn how to cope with being a star.

When Deion Sanders is coming down on him publicly like he is, there's a problem. Deion's a lot of things we laugh about, but he's a decent guy when it comes to mentoring these young players. (Look at PacMan Jones since Deion took him under his wing, for example. He's grown up.)

But he's got to want to grow up and leave the 'hood behind, and right now it just seems to me he'd rather play Dress-Up Gangsta than act like a man.

~Bang

Seriously, this kid is more than damaged goods. He's had MANY high-profile people try to steer him in the right direction, including his childhood idol, Prime Time, yet the kid has even thrown their good graces away after proverbially spitting in their faces. Their truly are people in this world that are way past saving, and Dez is definitely one of them. He will be in prison within five years. You can tag this post, Mr. Jones!!!

Cowboys certainly had their period of excesses, though they've had one of the lowest arrest rate in the NFL the last few years.

Just invoking Gibbs' players as a symbol of all that is good and saintly when Dexter Manley was among them was sort of funny to me. I mean the guy was actually thrown out of the NFL for his drug habit.

None of our players were saints, but pretty much all of them bought into the team mentality that helped us win 3 SBs. You could include Riggins as a guy that went by his own beat, but he never did anything illegal, was a great teamate and showed up every Sunday. Dexter was kicked out for his 3rd strike while passing through TB and Arizona. Gibbs and the staff tried to help him several times, but some guys are hard headed. Dexter wasn't even on out 3rd SB team. He was released because of his ongoing problems.

Oh how the mighty have fallen... :dallasuck

I remember last year how idiots like Peter King couldn't get enough DB love, they were basically slobbing his knob 24/7.

"He's so cool, he refused to carry shoulder pads", etc etc

"Dallass to the SB this year, he's the missing piece!"

Strangely all the opinion writers are silent on the issue of Dez nowadays.

Plax had a number of such incidents prior to 2008. I didn't care at the time either.
That right there is why I continue to come back here to read about my team and yours.

Real Insight.

Not spoiled little 'boys crying about their... well...spoiled little 'boys.

:munchout:

Archived