Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AA: Analysis Of NPR Sting Video By Glenn Beck Website Raises Ethics Questions

JMS

Uhh, :no: The exchange ""We're on the same team" and "You're ***ing up the story. Don't eff up the story," would seem to make one wonder.

The mere presence of someone with a club (outside of a LEO) at the polls is against the law,whether there is a conspiracy to show that occurring does not change that unless they spliced him in from a different location.

I just don't understand how he has any credibility left after pulling stunts like this.

The choir he preaches too desperately wants the things he brings them to be true, and typically are predisposed to believe they are true, and he has simply proven what they've known all along.

The fact he's a liar doesn't really seem to get in the way of the overwhelming desire for his lies to be truth.

There is no defending this clown. But people do. And so long as he gives them what they think they want, then they don't really care how he gets it, even if he makes it up out of thin air.

~Bang

The mere presence of someone with a club (outside of a LEO) at the polls is against the law,whether there is a conspiracy to show that occurring does not change that unless they spliced him in from a different location.

I agree with you that the clowns outside the polls had no business being there and if the Govt. Had been able to find even one complainant they'd probably be deservedly sitting in jail now. However that's beside the point. The real issue is the attempt by some to show this as the norm rather than an isolated incident. Think of it this way, using the logic of these folks I could conclude that most American Whites are skinheads or klansmen based on having seen a news story about them.

Again not exactly the same thing but it absolutely does fit the recent M.O of the GOP. So the tactics don't have to all be the same to figure out that someone is playing dirty pool. Or at the very least one side is doing a much better job of it than the other.

The mere presence of someone with a club (outside of a LEO) at the polls is against the law,.

You are right. That is why they told that one guy to leave the polling place, and he left.

Whether he can be charged criminally is different. There is no law against being scary looking and black, and there is no evidence that ANYONE was actually intimidated - not one person - and these cases are almost impossible to win even when they are much more clean cut than this.

I already wasted enough time explaining the damn thing to you guys, but no one seems to care. Gotta keep the conservative outrage stoked (for over two years now) over absolutely nothing.

I ain't the one that dredged it up,but since ya mentioned it again :silly:....would the police and Justice be as accommodating to a white guy in the same circumstances?

Gotta keep explaining it away for some reason

I ain't the one that dredged it up,but since ya mentioned it again :silly:....would the police and Justice be as accommodating to a white guy in the same circumstances?

Gotta keep explaining it away for some reason

Yes, and they have been accomodating. Pretty much no one ever gets prosecuted criminally for anything like this. Not even close, because it is almost impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt - especially when there are no one even pretending to claim that they were actually intimidated. If you were going to prosecute this guy, it would be for being scary looking and black, because he didn't do anything else.

You conservative guys automatically assume racial and political bias on the part of the DoJ, and there is no way to refute that assumption to your satisfaction, especially when a partisan hack clown like J. Christian Adams decides he is going to get his 5 minutes of fame by fanning the flames. But it's still total crap.

Over 2 years later we are still hearing about Black Panthers and stolen elections and so on due to this one idiot standing in front of a polling place - who left when law enforcement told him to leave.

......You conservative guys automatically assume racial and political bias on the part of the DoJ,.......
Us Conservatives........And our allies in the NAACP

NAACP says Eric Holder’s DOJ goes too far with race policy

“‘The NAACP does not support individuals failing a test and then having the opportunity to be gainfully employed,’ agreed Dayton NAACP President Derrick Foward.”

http://pajamasmedia.com/tatler/2011/03/13/naacp-says-eric-holders-doj-goes-too-far-with-race-policy/

Examples of people manipulating the tape to make Palin say something she didn't and reordering the conversation?

My favorite revolution out of this is shellers own republican roots which he brought up several times in the interview none made it into the final edit.

Ya keep leaving out with a club for some reason.....irrelevant??

or inconvenient?

Irrelevant. He says he went there because he heard a rumor that the Aryan Nations was going to show up. He left when asked. No one claims to have been intimidated. The white people standing there said that there was "no problem" - and they did it on tape at the time of the incident. A criminal case is completely unprovable. They got an injunction keeping away from the polls, but there is no way they were going to get a criminal conviction.

If you brought criminal charges against this guy, it would be a dead-end show trial, nothing more. Partisan hacks who read pyjamas media may not understand this, but criminal attorneys do.

Ask yourself this: why have there been, as far as I know, less than 5 convictions for federal criminal voter intimidation in the entire country in the 45 years that the law has been in existence?

Irrelevant. He says he went there because he heard a rumor that the Aryan Nations was going to show up. He left when asked.

And the reaction would be the same if the Aryan nation had showed up with a club? :ols:

The racial tones of the scary black man you put in it are outstanding as step 1 to scare white people from replying as they then are racist by default also. Then to follow up with a "but a racist white guy with a bald head might have shown up also"

wow!

If you show up to the polls in a military outfit with a club and harrass people, that is a bad thing. The show is what HE put on.

The repercussions of HIS actions were stopped due to them being inconvenient for some.

And the reaction would be the same if the Aryan nation had showed up with a club? :ols:
We would call him an asshat for showing up. Probably gripe about what jerks the Aryan Nation is. And if he left when asked, without intimidating anybody, that would be the end of it. Because we'd look stupid pursuing it further. :D

The choir he preaches too desperately wants the things he brings them to be true, and typically are predisposed to believe they are true, and he has simply proven what they've known all along.

The fact he's a liar doesn't really seem to get in the way of the overwhelming desire for his lies to be truth.

There is no defending this clown. But people do. And so long as he gives them what they think they want, then they don't really care how he gets it, even if he makes it up out of thin air.

~Bang

I haven't seen any of the video's, edited or not, but if he is editing it like is being claimed, he should be put in the stocks to have rotten vegetables thrown at him or some other public humiliation.

But then again, is anyone surprised? This is nothing new. Read newspapers from the election of 1824. We haven't changed or become enlightened. We're still as filthy as ever.

We would call him an asshat for showing up. Probably gripe about what jerks the Aryan Nation is. And if he left when asked, without intimidating anybody, that would be the end of it. Because we'd look stupid pursuing it further. :D

Do you believe that?

Strange when there is still strong support for the Voting Rights Act almost 50 yrs later

Do you believe that?

Strange when there is still strong support for the Voting Rights Act almost 50 yrs later

Not at all strange. Not even you believe that.

:Listen, I have an acquantance who has twice attempted voter intimidation on behalf of the Republican Party. Once he set himself up to photograph everybody entering the building at a primary vote, the purpose to publish pictures of anybody he deemed a "known Democrat" (Virginia doesn't restrict primary voting except through a signed pledge). The second time he set up a booth falsely "informing" voters that participating in the primary would register them as Republicans. (No club, but then the Philly guy didn't even approach voters far less intimidate them). The general reaction to this was everybody shook their head and said, "Waht a knucklehead".

Not at all strange. Not even you believe that.

:Listen, I have an acquantance who has twice attempted voter intimidation on behalf of the Republican Party. Once he set himself up to photograph everybody entering the building at a primary vote, the purpose to publish pictures of anybody he deemed a "known Democrat" (Virginia doesn't restrict primary voting except through a signed pledge). The second time he set up a booth falsely "informing" voters that participating in the primary would register them as Republicans. (No club, but then the Philly guy didn't even approach voters far less intimidate them). The general reaction to this was everybody shook their head and said, "Waht a knucklehead".

And as recently as a few years ago people were buying votes in one or our Southern counties in what I think is Lincoln County, that was Democrats. So yes there is some corruption and it needs to be found and prosecuted where it is in fact happening. But to say ony one side does it is to greatly underestimate the diverse backgrounds and size of our country.

And as recently as a few years ago people were buying votes in one or our Southern counties in what I think is Lincoln County, that was Democrats. So yes there is some corruption and it needs to be found and prosecuted where it is in fact happening. But to say ony one side does it is to greatly underestimate the diverse backgrounds and size of our country.
Well we're straying far from the op, and even from the latest diversion because vote buying is fairly cut and dried while "voter intimidation" can be less defined. But I didn't hear anybody say only one side is bad and only one side is good. I do agree that, since the dawn of the concept of voting, a ballot could be bought for the price of a meal or a drink and everybody has participated in it. But that's not what this is about.

I haven't seen any of the video's, edited or not, but if he is editing it like is being claimed, he should be put in the stocks to have rotten vegetables thrown at him or some other public humiliation.

But then again, is anyone surprised? This is nothing new. Read newspapers from the election of 1824. We haven't changed or become enlightened. We're still as filthy as ever.

Actual campaign language from the 1800 election between Jefferson and Adams:

I don't see an inherent difference between being intimidated into voting or not, and being paid to vote or not. The law may make a difference, but I don't I find both practices reprehensible by anyone who is gaming the system that way.

Archived