Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Makes sense. If you're concerned about that then don't split them. That's a very real possibility that you wont get them back together. Ask the guy with 4 seats where one is in the row behind the other 3, forming a T shape. They still haven't put his back together yet.

You gotta try right... nothing wrong with asking :) 50/50 chance of yes or no lol

This is the response I got back from the TO

"If you want to move only 2 seats to the club level, we can try our best to put them back near your seats in the lower level, but can’t guarantee they will be together. The only way we can guarantee all 4 seats are together is if we move them all down together. "

In past years, I recall a few posters with large blocks of seats were unable to move from the club level to the lower level sideline because no seats opened up. The Skins let them keep their club seats and pay at the LL GA rate until they got their LL upgrade in a future year. The more seats you have together, the harder it is to find available seats on the sideline, particularly on the home side.

If you keep all four on the club level, I would request something in writing stating that if they cannot upgrade all four seats together then you get to keep your club seats at the LL price.

In past years, I recall a few posters with large blocks of seats were unable to move from the club level to the lower level sideline because no seats opened up. The Skins let them keep their club seats and pay at the LL GA rate until they got their LL upgrade in a future year. The more seats you have together, the harder it is to find available seats on the sideline, particularly on the home side.

If you keep all four on the club level, I would request something in writing stating that if they cannot upgrade all four seats together then you get to keep your club seats at the LL price.

Good stuff sonny.... i emailed him back as they dropped it to 200 a ticket now..... i want the guarantee of the home side and not really the visitor side......

Good stuff sonny.... i emailed him back as they dropped it to 200 a ticket now..... i want the guarantee of the home side and not really the visitor side......

Yeah, I would avoid the visitor side as much as possible. The congestion and the higher number of visiting team fans are two big downers for me. Good Luck!! Let us know what happens. It will be interesting to hear just how desperate they are to sell tickets.

Chess, this seems to be a play I'd be interested in making. Are they requiring you to sign on for multiple years or just for next year?

It was probably about 3 weeks for me. A few people called the TO this year after their seats disappeared and were told their new seats before they got posted to our online accounts. Others posted the TO could not or would not tell them over the phone. Consider that I would expect a lot more people get upgraded in the upper level just because more seats on the sidelines open up and lots of folks lost their seats in the party deck creation.....so it could take longer.

Thanks, Sonny and Sam, helpful as always. I guess I won't get too excited for another week and a half or so...

Chess, this seems to be a play I'd be interested in making. Are they requiring you to sign on for multiple years or just for next year?

nope.... just for next year........

My problem is the resell value.......i cant make it to 3 games... 2 of them I have covered... but the other is the Vikings.....

---------- Post added June-20th-2012 at 01:29 PM ----------

I asked if I could get a guarantee to be on the home side and he said "we can make a note" but we cant guarantee visitor or home....

Im trying tshile but seems like no upgrade for me again......3 yrs same seats...oh well maybe next year....HTTR!!!!

I find it surprising that you have not been upgraded in three years. That's a bummer. You're on the visitor side of the end zone. Seats on those side are more empty than the home side during games. I've been upgraded twice and I'm heading into the home side. I started in section 109 three years ago when I moved down from the UL. I suppose I might have more seniority especially if they include wait list time. Hope you have better luck next year.

You can always donate the unsaleable tickets to the Redkins charity and deduct the donation at the cost that you have in them as a donation if you itemize.

---------- Post added June-20th-2012 at 03:15 PM ----------

I just called, the ticket office confirmed that the upper level is not done yet. He claimed that they will be done by the end of June. No upgrade for me yet.

I find it surprising that you have not been upgraded in three years. That's a bummer. You're on the visitor side of the end zone. Seats on those side are more empty than the home side during games. I've been upgraded twice and I'm heading into the home side. I started in section 109 three years ago when I moved down from the UL. I suppose I might have more seniority especially if they include wait list time. Hope you have better luck next year.

Yea Sonny I called the TO I asked how could UL ticket holders be getting in the corners and better and I didnt get upgraded first...All he could tell me is that it sucked and he didnt think it was right but that happens sometimes...But he did say they wont be done with the upgrades till the end of june so he thinks I still might get one..But we will see IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD....HTTR!!!!!

(And being that I have 3 tickets one would think there has to be an opening somewhere with a odd number of seats open)

Edited by spyder462

Yea Sonny I called the TO I asked how could UL ticket holders be getting in the corners and better and I didnt get upgraded first...All he could tell me is that it sucked and he didnt think it was right but that happens sometimes...But he did say they wont be done with the upgrades till the end of june so he thinks I still might get one..But we will see IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD....HTTR!!!!!

(And being that I have 3 tickets one would think there has to be an opening somewhere with a odd number of seats open)

We do know that three seats together can be difficult to fit. Odd number seats just are not common. Seat management for any company relies on minimizing single seats because that is lost revenue. Few people buy a single seat for an event.

But I would call back and insist on speaking to the ticket office manager. Calmly and respectfully explain your situation, particularly that you are reading folks say they are being upgraded from the UL to the LL in sections better than yours. Stress that the TO promised fans two years ago a more fair and logical process. Be firm but polite that you are not happy about this situation and next year you may have to stop buying season tickets and buy them from brokers and through other fans. Just don't raise your voice. Be reasonable and logical.

They may still not be able to upgrade you this year but I think it is your best shot to put you at the head of the line if seats open up. Make them feel guilty (subtly) and if they can correct the problem they will try. Offer them options acceptable to you would be willing to move to the 200 level (not obstructed view) or on the other side of the 50 yard line. Many of us think the 200 level are the best seats in the house. You might try asking what they can do for you next year if they cannot upgrade you this year. Have them email you and put a note on your account if she/he agrees to do something next year. The ticket manager/supervisor could change next year. So get it in writing.

Contrary to what some people say, the folks in the TO want to help those who call in. Some are better at their jobs than others and sometimes you run into someone who was not meant for the job or is having a bad day.I used to work customer service. NEVER yell and scream or curse someone you expect to help you. (NOT suggesting you did this). Those types of people are the ones who often never get their way. Trust me, we did our best to help everyone but never went out of our way for rude people. You can often get something if you are polite and understanding and have a fair and reasonable conversation with customer service. I never understand people who think being nasty or rude is going to get them what they want. The best solution is to be polite and offer suggestions how they could resolve the disagreement. Make both sides feel like winners.

Good luck.

I was told, by someone at the ticket office, that 3 tickets are easier to upgrade because there are holes they'll fit in that noone else will and there's not many people with 3 tickets.

Now thats one guy from the TO, so who knows how accurate that is. But it is what i was told.

Other than that, i agree with S&S. The TO has been pretty good the last 2 years, if you show them respect they'll (typically) show you respect and take an interest in trying to help you and make you happy.

Edited by tshile

I was told, by someone at the ticket office, that 3 tickets are easier to upgrade because there are holes they'll fit in that noone else will and there's not many people with 3 tickets.

Now thats one guy from the TO, so who knows how accurate that is. But it is what i was told.

Other than that, i agree with S&S. The TO has been pretty good the last 2 years, if you show them respect they'll (typically) show you respect and take an interest in trying to help you and make you happy.

It's a double edged sword. A few years back we had someone who used to work in the Skins TO. And he confirmed that they did try to fill odd number seats first to avoid the single seat. But there are a limited number of 3,5,7 seats together. It just is not a common ticket request. So if you there are more people with three seats than are available, it essentially cuts some people out of the upgrade process all together because a few at the top of the 3 seat list gets an upgrade but everyone else is **** out of luck because the ticket office does not want to fill a 4 or 6 seat whole with just three seats.

So it can work both ways. If you are at the top of the upgrade eligibility list by seniority and it is the beginning of the upgrade process, yes, your seats would get assigned first. But if you are low on the seniority list that year and particularly if upgrades have mostly been done, the chances of an upgrade are slim.

I would imagine it depends a lot on how many three seat STHs are in each section and how many open up in the next section over. We need to remember that the upgrade process is like a jigsaw puzzle with lots of tiny pieces. Not as easy as it may appear. The new software helps to keep things fair based on whatever upgrade rules they input. But in the end, it is not an easy process nor even fair sometimes. Spyder has a good argument to make and hopefully the TO can accommodate him.

But then, the Redskins make it very clear that an upgrade is not guaranteed. We complained three years ago for a more fair upgrade process and in general I think that has happened. Not so long ago, it was the luck of calling in and depending on which agent you got, you got no upgrade or a fantastic upgrade....or something in between. Location and seniority had nothing to do with it.

I'm a first year STH, and I have been following this thread and the ones from years ago religiously. Based on previous years, I expected to find out my seats around July 7th. I'm here to report my seats have disappeared off my invoice and the manage tickets has appeared with the games but still no location. I placed the down payment for my tickets back in January, so any other first year people keep an eye out. What an exciting time!

I declined it as well and bought a regular green pass from a season ticket holder. I'm considering picking up the green b3 just to have it associated with my account and selling one or the other. Do you know if b3 is still available? I went to my account to see and it's there but it won't let me select it.

i will tell you this... if you dont get a b3 you wont ever go from just no pass to a green.... to get better parking you will have to always have it... .it sorta sucks and i think its crappy they do it that way

I declined it as well and bought a regular green pass from a season ticket holder. I'm considering picking up the green b3 just to have it associated with my account and selling one or the other. Do you know if b3 is still available? I went to my account to see and it's there but it won't let me select it.

Last time I checked, they were advertising them for sale with the standing room party deck seats. If you call the TO tomorrow, they should be able to add it to your account. I purchased it for the sole reason of getting it on my account as well. It makes it easier to get upgraded to green, and if you do sell it, you help out yourself and possibly another board member. Can't beat karma points :).