Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Really weird, they sent me an upgrade email for Friday at 10 AM, but I just got season tickets and no way am I upgrading them.

Same here. I am in 451. Would love to get a bit closer to 401/454 but we'll see. Some were available in that section last week when you could add-on.

Quick question to veteran season ticket holders. If you were to give up your seats let's say on Thursday, would those seats be available on Friday. I realize that I won't be sitting anywhere great for the next few years, but a move closer to the 50 would be great.

Also, is it better (in everyone's opinion) to sit at midfield 400 level or endzone 100. Just curious.

Thanks!

Yea same here but would love aisle, rear row or front row of my section

We're spoiled.

Our seats are in the last row, under cover, mid row, and back up to a suite. We can stand as much as we want, without blocking anyone.

We can also do that sit-stand thing, where you can sit on the back of your seat, while leaning against the wall. We're well protected from the elements. We even get radiant heat and A/C from the suite. Our seat-mates are great, and you don't see too many opposing fans in our section.

There are only a couple of options, that would work, but it's very unlikely that any of them will be possible.

No matter what, we know to savor our current location. After the new stadium is built, there's no way in Hell, that we'll be able to afford them...

Same here. I am in 451. Would love to get a bit closer to 401/454 but we'll see. Some were available in that section last week when you could add-on.

Quick question to veteran season ticket holders. If you were to give up your seats let's say on Thursday, would those seats be available on Friday. I realize that I won't be sitting anywhere great for the next few years, but a move closer to the 50 would be great.

Also, is it better (in everyone's opinion) to sit at midfield 400 level or endzone 100. Just curious.

Thanks!

That's a personal decision. We've had that debate often on this board. Personally, moving from the upper level to the lower level end zone was the best decision I've ever made with my Redskins tickets. I've been able to move around each season one or two sections so that I am now on the 5-10 yard line; could have moved closer to the 50 sooner IF I wanted to sit in the 100 level. I prefer the 200 level seats for a number of reasons.

I like two things about the lower level. I am much closer to the game/action itself and I feel more enthusiasm and play a bigger part of the game day crowd. You are surrounded by the noise and excitement of the game. Second, leaving after the game is MUCH faster. Almost no crowds compared to walking down the ramps or waiting at the escalator. You will be at your car and leaving by the time you would have gotten out of the stadium where you are now. On the other hand, I miss the walk down the ramp after victories. THAT was always a lot of fun! IF you move to the end zone, my advice is pick the end zone closest to where you intend to park.

Also, the end zone is not as bad now with the addition of the huge video screens. In fact, you get a unique view of the running and passing lanes that you cannot get from the sideline. And nothing is sweeter watching the Redskins running right at you as they are about to score. I still remember Robert's 80 yard run against the Vikings coming right at me. Super sweet moment. Downside is when play is on the other side of the 50; you end up watching the video boards most of the time. You also have to rely on the video boards for down and distance. But I figured short term pain for long term gain as I moved around to the sideline.

The big downside to the 100 level sideline seats is that you will stand the entire game. That is why I prefer the 200 level. I can sit most of the game and stand during the big moments.

And yes, you should be able to upgrade during the upgrade process if your seats have been assigned to you. People move, seats are dropped which can leave better seats open during the seat upgrade process. For example, seats on the 50 yard line in the 400 level could open because someone before you chose to move to the lower level. Why not upgrade if that is what you want? Just realize some upgraded seats could cost you more if you choose to move; particularly downstairs.

Hail...and welcome to FedEx field where you get to watch the Redskins in person with 70,000+ of your die hard friends! Something you cannot do on your couch in your home. (I know, it's an expensive perk/addiction)

Yea same here but would love aisle, rear row or front row of my section

You sure you want that front row? Not fun when it rains. That's why I like row 3 on back. The railing can be a nuisance also, depending on your angle and how tall you are in your seat.

Really weird, they sent me an upgrade email for Friday at 10 AM, but I just got season tickets and no way am I upgrading them.

Why not upgrade if you can get better seats at the same cost? Seats open up for all kinds of reasons including people upgrading or dropping their season tickets. Upgrading does not mean you HAVE to pay more.

Got no email. Think you're the first. They were selling add-on seats through this weekend only. How long have you had season tickets?

My account has been open and in good standing for over 50 years. I've always been in the first 10 days or so, but this is the first I've been in the first day.

I should have added this to my original post, but I wouldn't take anything from not receiving your email right away... First, when sending out mass emails to thousands and thousands of people (if there are indeed that many of us left), you have to trickle them out... else you risk being blocked as a spammer. So it would make sense that some people would receive them Saturday, and others might not get them until Sunday. There are various technical issues to sending that many emails out at once, and even though they *should* have taken steps to whitelist themselves and make sure their emails don't get flagged as spam, it's still good practice to trickle mass emails like that out.

Second, it's also possible they're not telling people until X days before their specific window. So people upgrading this week may have already received there's, while people upgrading next week might not get their notification until later on this week (or weekend.) They're not 100% open about how the process works, so we have to guess a little on things like this...

<below is not directed at you, just the general discussion>

I know it's standard when guessing at how the team does things to default to incompetence and screwing us over, but this process has been pretty good and getting better since they rolled it out, so I'd hold off any pitchforks just yet.

As with everything else, if you think something isn't right your best course of action is to contact the ticket office via phone. If it's something that can wait, you can use their email system. But phone is the best way to get immediate answers in my experience.

Edited by tshile

I can only see my section and sections that are more expensive than mine (you have to call and talk to someone to downgrade)

Unavailable sections:

Home: 101, 142, 141,140

Away: 120,121,122,123

Available

Section - Tickets available

(home)
102 - 3

203 - 2

103 -1

104 - 12

139 - 11

239 - 4

(away)

118 - 31

218 - 5

119 - 10

219 - 6

124 -2

224 -2

125 - 4

225 - 8

A lot of these are a group of seats, and some singles. Like the group of 12 in 104, is 3 sets of 3 and 3 single seats.

I, unfortunately, am not in a position to spend more money. Oh well, I'll have to check back later and see if someone moves...

Edit:

A nice feature going forward would be the ability to flag a section... like say your window comes up and nothing's available, you can check a box that says "notify me when seats become available". if you could set a minimum quantity that would be even better.

Also, it looks like they invested some time into the renderings of the seats.

I seem to recall it just being a birds eye view of the section with little squares you pick. now they give you a view looking at the section from the field, you can actually see a very accurate (at least for my section) depiction of how close to the stairs you are and what it looks like.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

Obligatory video to watch every time you have to do anything regarding your season ticket account, because... the only real difference is we occasionally stumble into a winning season and sometimes it wins the division

What's really weird is the number of tickets available at all the price points higher than mine, but there's not one single ticket available at my price point.

It's almost like I can't move my seats, I can only upgrade them to a new price point...

I can only see my section and sections that are more expensive than mine (you have to call and talk to someone to downgrade)

Unavailable sections:

Available

(home)

102 - 3

203 - 2

103 -1

104 - 12

139 - 11

239 - 4

(away)

118 - 31

218 - 5

119 - 10

219 - 6

124 -2

224 -2

125 - 4

225 - 8

A lot of these are a group of seats, and some singles. Like the group of 12 in 104, is 3 sets of 3 and 3 single seats.

I, unfortunately, am not in a position to spend more money. Oh well, I'll have to check back later and see if someone moves...

Edit:

A nice feature going forward would be the ability to flag a section... like say your window comes up and nothing's available, you can check a box that says "notify me when seats become available". if you could set a minimum quantity that would be even better.

I seem to recall it just being a birds eye view of the section with little squares you pick. now they give you a view looking at the section from the field, you can actually see a very accurate (at least for my section) depiction of how close to the stairs you are and what it looks like.

Thanks for the update, Tshile. Looks like I could have options on Wednesday...although any better seats for me probably will be gone....

Unavailable sections:

Available

(home)

102 - 3

203 - 2

103 -1

104 - 12

139 - 11

239 - 4

(away)

118 - 31

218 - 5

119 - 10

219 - 6

124 -2

224 -2

125 - 4

225 - 8

Thanks for sharing.

I see two sections that I would consider an upgrade, over our current seats. It's in the next-tier of pricing.

Even if we were so inclined, those seats will be gone.

Edited by Skinsfan1311

...got my email yesterday evening....window opens at 10 AM on Wed....I have had tickets since 1999...probably won't upgrade as I share my tickets with two other guys (plus they BOTH still owe me $$ from the 2015 season).

...got my email yesterday evening....window opens at 10 AM on Wed....I have had tickets since 1999...probably won't upgrade as I share my tickets with two other guys (plus they BOTH still owe me $$ from the 2015 season).

That's the downside to sharing tickets. Some folks don't pay up on time or at all. Can't even rely on family; we shared house expenses with  sister in laws and one never paid up thousands of dollars....yet they found money to go on Disney cruise vacations, etc. How do these people live with themselves.....

looking at STH tenure and upgrade time, I'm now wondering if they've just reached a point where the system can handle larger loads  and so what used to be 3 weeks worth of upgrade windows has shrunk to a week.

For example, I seem to remember if someone had been a ticket holder for 10 years and the upgrade started on the 1st, they wouldn't get their window until the 20th or later. Now we have people getting their window the week the program starts.

Maybe they upgraded everything. Or maybe they actually did something right and rolled out a big, complex (in terms of user activity) system correctly and spaced everything far apart at first and are confident they can have us all do it in a week now...

has anyone posted an upgrade window outside of this week? Seems like everyone is this week...

Unavailable sections:

Available

(home)

102 - 3

203 - 2

103 -1

104 - 12

139 - 11

239 - 4

(away)

118 - 31

218 - 5

119 - 10

219 - 6

124 -2

224 -2

125 - 4

225 - 8

Edit:

Great update.

I wonder what will be available tomorrow after a day of moves..

Edited by turtle2328

Great update.

I wonder what be available tomorrow after a day of moves..

That's what makes it interesting, and how we snagged our current seats, a few years ago. A buddy of mine, saw them open up, after my window opened, and texted me to "jump on them", so I did.

I did the same, for friends of ours, the following year. We would consider moving, but only laterally.

You sure you want that front row? Not fun when it rains. That's why I like row 3 on back. The railing can be a nuisance also, depending on your angle and how tall you are in your seat.

Why not upgrade if you can get better seats at the same cost? Seats open up for all kinds of reasons including people upgrading or dropping their season tickets. Upgrading does not mean you HAVE to pay more.

I have seats in 114, row 11 seat 1 and 2 which is right by the visitor tunnel.  I can't see myself getting rid of these. 

We're spoiled.

Our seats are in the last row, under cover, mid row, and back up to a suite. We can stand as much as we want, without blocking anyone.

We can also do that sit-stand thing, where you can sit on the back of your seat, while leaning against the wall. We're well protected from the elements. We even get radiant heat and A/C from the suite. Our seat-mates are great, and you don't see too many opposing fans in our section.

There are only a couple of options, that would work, but it's very unlikely that any of them will be possible.

No matter what, we know to savor our current location. After the new stadium is built, there's no way in Hell, that we'll be able to afford them...

Yea even in the 3rd row I can feel the heat from the suites behind us depending on how the wind is blowing

Rain isnt a factor for my decision because I have these awesome redskins ponchos I found on QVC one night like 15 years ago, not those cheap plastic things , these are rugged thick and huge lol  oh  and im tall  :) Aisle is my dream seats no matter where. I sat in 103 row 19 for years since moving from the endzone in 112row 9, I hated 103 because people stood the entire game, I love the 200s, people dont have to stand the entire time

• Like 1

Hail...and welcome to FedEx field where you get to watch the Redskins in person with 70,000+ of your die hard friends! Something you cannot do on your couch in your home. (I know, it's an expensive perk/addiction)

Thanks for the info!

Edited by ATown Jacoby