Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FP: Sources: Broncos attempted to trade starting OL Ryan Harris last season

pram11

According to multiple sources, the Broncos attempted to trade Harris in the middle of last season. The team’s talks for the four-year player involved the Oakland Raiders, the Buffalo Bills, the Washington Redskins, the Houston Texans, and the Chicago Bears.

“From what I know, of those teams, the Bears had the strongest possibility of acquiring Ryan at the time,” said the source.

http://footballpros.com/content.php/722-Sources-Broncos-attempted-to-trade-starting-OL-Ryan-Harris-last-season

That's neat to know... how good is Ryan Harris?

He's better than Heyer, but not as good as Brown is capable of being when healthy IMO. Mike must like him or obviously we would not have been involved. It's yet another interesting question leading into next season. Do we go with Brown or sign a FA RT? Brown's injury history is a concern certainly. OT's are obviously still at a premium and Brown and Harris will have interest. As long as Heyer is not in the plans then I'm fine with either re-signing Brown or going after Harris. I think Mike Otto from the Titans could be a solid choice too as a reserve. Heyer is garbage and he needs to go.

He's better than Heyer, but not as good as Brown is capable of being when healthy IMO. Mike must like him or obviously we would not have been involved. It's yet another interesting question leading into next season. Do we go with Brown or sign a FA RT? Brown's injury history is a concern certainly. OT's are obviously still at a premium and Brown and Harris will have interest. As long as Heyer is not in the plans then I'm fine with either re-signing Brown or going after Harris. I think Mike Otto from the Titans could be a solid choice too as a reserve. Heyer is garbage and he needs to go.

I agree with This ^^ 100%. I may prefer Harris because of his youth. But if Brown is finally healthy, then re-signing him wouldn't be an issue either. At least we have options.

Still believe we overpaid the Saints while allowing Brown to work himself into football shape. The picks surrendered for McNabb and Brown really irk me.

I'm actually content with J. Brown for a 4th rd pick. It's that 3rd for McNabb that is depressing lol. I hope we can pick up Ryan Harris as well and have insurance at RT. Either of them can start if one can not.

Wait, you're telling me we were "involved," but didn't end up outbidding everyone and getting the guy?

Cripes, times really have changed.

If it was Vinny on the phone, the Broncs would have given us Harris in exchange for two 3rds.

Then we would have benched him 4 weeks later, and cut him after the season.

He's better than Heyer, but not as good as Brown is capable of being when healthy IMO.

I disagree with this 100% actually.

Harris is a really, really good RT, who's only 25 years old. He was fantastic in 2008, and solid in the games he started in 2009 before toes injuries and ankle injuries limited him.

Harris injuries are relatively minor in comparison to Brown's, and we have no guarantee that Brown will ever return to form.

Couple in the fact that Harris is young and will be cheaper, and this is a no brainer for me. The question is not who is better now, the question is, who is going to be better in year 3 of the big contract we give them - 32 year old Brown, or 28 year old Harris.

@LL56xtremeskins Harris info is old newz.. but now he's a FA and we don't have to worry about a trade. With Brown wanting LT money.. Break out mambo sauce..

@LL56xtremeskins And welcome to dc... cba get done ASAP. I'm still thinking by march 11-15 its done.

---------- Post added February-18th-2011 at 09:50 AM ----------

I'm actually content with J. Brown for a 4th rd pick. It's that 3rd for McNabb that is depressing lol. I hope we can pick up Ryan Harris as well and have insurance at RT. Either of them can start if one can not.

Their both FAs, and we're not signing both Brown and Harris to long term deals. It's one or the other. I choose the 25 year old that Shanahan drafted.

Only concern I have is hasn't Harris been injury prone the past couple of seasons?

He had some injury issues in 2009 but only playing in 8 games, but this year he was in for 11 games and started 10. I think that whole thing was from the weird reason that McDaniels had him in the doghouse. He does have some injury issues but like Tris said above, he's 25 years old and a very good OT

He had some injury issues in 2009 but only playing in 8 games, but this year he was in for 11 games and started 10. I think that whole thing was from the weird reason that McDaniels had him in the doghouse. He does have some injury issues but like Tris said above, he's 25 years old and a very good OT

That being the case we need to sign him instead of Brown.

Archived