Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FP: Sources: Broncos attempted to trade starting OL Ryan Harris last season

pram11

He's better than Heyer, but not as good as Brown is capable of being when healthy IMO.

Harris has shown much more in this particular scheme than Brown has, so any declaration of Brown being the better player strictly as it pertains to the Redskins is completely speculative.

Only concern I have is hasn't Harris been injury prone the past couple of seasons?

I don't know that I'd call him injury prone per se. He dislocated some toes in 2009 and suffered an ankle injury in the 2010 preseason when a RB rolled up on his leg, neither of which strike me as injuries that would likely cause recurring problems and are more the result of freak chance than anything else.

Uh, news flash: Josh McDumbass is no longer making personnel decisions for the Broncos. It's likely the days of taking Denver's star players for losers,peanuts, and illicit videotapes is over

Uh, news flash: Harris is a free agent who John Elway himself has indicated will probably not be re-signed by the Broncos this offseason. Both sides have soured on each other somewhat, Harris because of the McDaniels cluster**** and Elway/the Broncos because of Harris' up-and-down performance last season (supposedly he pushed himself too hard coming back from that ankle injury) as well as their unwillingness to dish out a lot of money at RT when a Clady extension is on the horizon.

I agree that Brown will want big money this year. Granted he was coming off an injury, but did not impress me last year as one that warrants a big paycheck. He needs to play healthy and well a year prior to getting big cash. Youth is better and youth without a history of injuries is best. That is why the draft as opposed to retreads from other teams is the best option, just takes longer,

Still believe we overpaid the Saints while allowing Brown to work himself into football shape. The picks surrendered for McNabb and Brown really irk me.

I don't necessarily agree. He started off slow but finished strong. You also have to account for tha fact that he waas not only coming off an injury, but was also moving back to RT. I think getting him & a 5th round pick for a 3rd rounder is a solid deal for both sides. He's still considered one of the top tackles available in the market this offseason.....

I agree that Brown will want big money this year. Granted he was coming off an injury, but did not impress me last year as one that warrants a big paycheck. He needs to play healthy and well a year prior to getting big cash. Youth is better and youth without a history of injuries is best. That is why the draft as opposed to retreads from other teams is the best option, just takes longer,

We have a young LT and I'd rather add more youth to the interior of the line this year either through FA or the draft. Brown is only 29 and thats not old at all for the RT spot. Is he the best in the league?, no.....but he's solid and improved as he got his feet underneath him again after a year of inactivity. My thought is we used a pick to fill a need & there aren't many clear cut upgrades out there through FA. Going the draft or trade route would cost us additional picks so lets use the resources we have remaining on other positions of need.

We have a young LT and I'd rather add more youth to the interior of the line this year either through FA or the draft. Brown is only 29 and thats not old at all for the RT spot. Is he the best in the league?, no.....but he's solid and improved as he got his feet underneath him again after a year of inactivity. My thought is we used a pick to fill a need & there aren't many clear cut upgrades out there through FA. Going the draft or trade route would cost us additional picks so lets use the resources we have remaining on other positions of need.

I hear you, but we are in the unfortunate position of having so many needs on the team there are just not enough picks to fill them all. I really think that commiting to the O line in the draft will help the rest of the team get better for years to come. The O line was ignored for so long. At a minimum I think that we NEED to draft a center, somewhere. We need all of our picks as opposed to big name, big cost free agents that have been the downfall of this team for a decade.

Hail

bring harris in, anybody shanny drafts and brings i agree with.. i promise dude knows way more about football than all of us combined.

somebody said madden, i agree thats what i do. i do not have the time to break down film of other teams lineman. i just take what experts tell me as truth, oh well.

I definitely say we go with signing a FART!

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

I saw that and was waiting for someone to see it. I say we sign a FART also.

---------- Post added February-18th-2011 at 01:24 PM ----------

I'd love to pick up Harris, re-sign Brown for depth (at the right price) and draft a center or guard.

Harris and Kahlil and our OF line looks MUCH better for 2011 and beyond.

I was going to joke at you for typing OF thinking you were back in the baseball mode but then realized you meant offensive line. Personally Kalil and Harris would do wonders for our OL Kalil instantly becomes one of the best centers we've had in a long time. Harris you plug in right away at RT and don't worry. Keep Lich at LG and get a RG to compliment the guys and watch this offense take off

I hear you, but we are in the unfortunate position of having so many needs on the team there are just not enough picks to fill them all. I really think that commiting to the O line in the draft will help the rest of the team get better for years to come. The O line was ignored for so long. At a minimum I think that we NEED to draft a center, somewhere. We need all of our picks as opposed to big name, big cost free agents that have been the downfall of this team for a decade.

Hail

I'm all about building up the lines but you can't go all out drafting for only one side of the ball. We have a number of defensive needs to address as well (namely at NT, DE, and OLB... all positions lined up on the LOS in the 3-4), so if you think you can plug a hole for a number of years through free agency at a reasonable cost you do it. Otherwise this rebuild will take far longer than Snyder and, more importantly, the fans are willing to allow.

I was going to joke at you for typing OF thinking you were back in the baseball mode but then realized you meant offensive line. Personally Kalil and Harris would do wonders for our OL Kalil instantly becomes one of the best centers we've had in a long time. Harris you plug in right away at RT and don't worry. Keep Lich at LG and get a RG to compliment the guys and watch this offense take off

That's what I am hoping for D&S. Hopefully, this is the direction we move in.

I don't necessarily agree. He started off slow but finished strong. You also have to account for tha fact that he waas not only coming off an injury, but was also moving back to RT. I think getting him & a 5th round pick for a 3rd rounder is a solid deal for both sides. He's still considered one of the top tackles available in the market this offseason.....

Since Brown would be leaving as a FA and possibly getting big $, wouldn't it be possible that we'd get at least a late 5 in 2012 as a comp pick?

Hail

I agree that o-line shouldn't be ignored in the draft but I would prefer re-signing Brown and using picks on interior lineman. We have many needs as you said, so lets not create additional holes considering our lack of picks....Just my opinion....

He is the best C in the game.

No.

He's a very good center. But he is not "the best center in the game."

Mangold and Mack are clearly better than Kalil. And you can argue that Birk, Brown and hell even Pouncey are right there with him.

So lets call him one of the best centers in the game. That's the truth, not a hyperbole.

No.

He's a very good center. But he is not "the best center in the game."

Mangold and Mack are clearly better than Kalil. And you can argue that Birk, Brown and hell even Pouncey are right there with him.

So lets call him one of the best centers in the game. That's the truth, not a hyperbole.

I didn't think this statement through, Tris. I meant to say he was the best C avaiable in FA this year. He hasn't been tagged yet, but with Williams not getting the tag it's just a matter of time until the Panthers tag him.

Looks like Kalil is gunna get tagged now that the Panthers said they wont be tagging Williams. 10 mil is alot for a center to make in 1 season.

That's fine Kalil would have been too pricey anyway, we can get more talent on the line if we aren't breaking the bank on him.

I would rather have Samson Satele FA from the Raiders anyway, 6-3 300, perfect Shanny sized center that I believe is underrated by Raiders fans who blame the O-line when they've had horrible QB's under center. A great run blocking C and only 26 years old Satele would be a perfect replacement for Rabach.

I love the Harris news from LL56 and really hope we can get him for a cheap Shanny-drafted-you discount. He would be a huge upgrade in terms of youth / talent on the OL. Check out this young OL we could potentially have:

Trent Williams (22) - LT

Kory Lichtensteiger (25) - LG

Samson Satele (26) - C

Davin Joseph (27) - RG

Ryan Harris (25) - RT

That's a crazy young O-line built through FA with years of proven starting experience and even more years to grow together and become dominate.

Patching up the OL this way also allows us to use our 2nd rounder on defense or a skill position instead of G / C. I think there will be some serious 1st round talent staring us in the face at pick #41 at either CB or RB: Let 57 million dollar Carlos walk and pick up Ras-I Dowling, a local stud to come in and be a hard hitting play maker at either CB or FS? Snag an explosive RB in either Mikell Leshoure or Ryan Williams to pair up with injury prone Torain? There also might be guys like NT Phil Taylor, sleeper LB's or maybe Shanny pulls the trigger on a QB he likes.

Any of those options are better for our future then Hudson or Pouncey IMO, IF we've already gotten so much younger on the OL through FA (if not I don't mind going OL in the 2nd). Really as long as Rabach and Heyer are gone and Hicks isn't starting I'll be happy with whoever we have on the line. Man I can't wait for this freaking CBA to get done :mad:

Archived