Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FP: Sources: Broncos attempted to trade starting OL Ryan Harris last season

pram11

That's fine Kalil would have been too pricey anyway, we can get more talent on the line if we aren't breaking the bank on him.

I would rather have Samson Satele FA from the Raiders anyway, 6-3 300, perfect Shanny sized center that I believe is underrated by Raiders fans who blame the O-line when they've had horrible QB's under center. A great run blocking C and only 26 years old Satele would be a perfect replacement for Rabach.

Trent Williams (22) - LT

Kory Lichtensteiger (25) - LG

Samson Satele (26) - C

Davin Joseph (27) - RG

Ryan Harris (25) - RT

I don't like Samson Satele. He's bombed out with two teams. He's got some big question marks. You know when guys say someone has "fire" and likes to "finish his blocks" and "plays mean"? Yeah...that's not Satele. Bill Parcells got rid of Satele cause he thought he was a *****. I don't like the idea of Satele being our C when we're going up against the Giants d-line or the Cowboys Jay Ratliff. Next season we'll also be playing against:

Patriot's Vince Wilfork

Jet's D-Line

Viking's with their Williams Wall

Cardinal's Darnell Dockett

Doesn't look good to me.

That's a crazy young O-line built through FA with years of proven starting experience and even more years to grow together and become dominate.

I do really like the idea of Davin Joseph though. Jammal Brown or Ryan Harris, I'd prefer Brown. But Harris could be a solid cheaper replacement if Brown gets good money. I think I'd rather roll the dice with Montgomery at C than get Satele. It's still a very young line with Montgomery, and he's already got some chemistry with our guys.

Patching up the OL this way also allows us to use our 2nd rounder on defense or a skill position instead of G / C. I think there will be some serious 1st round talent staring us in the face at pick #41 at either CB or RB: Let 57 million dollar Carlos walk and pick up Ras-I Dowling, a local stud to come in and be a hard hitting play maker at either CB or FS? Snag an explosive RB in either Mikell Leshoure or Ryan Williams to pair up with injury prone Torain? There also might be guys like NT Phil Taylor, sleeper LB's or maybe Shanny pulls the trigger on a QB he likes.

I agree in that I think there's some very legit talent available at our 2nd round pick. If we get Davin Joseph, I think this let's us add much needed talent elsewhere. Don't like the idea of a RB at #41, but CB, WR, NT, DE/DT, or QB if someone like Locker falls.

I still like our RB trio of Torain, Williams, and James Davis. I'm not ready to write James Davis off after one bad game when he was new to the system.

I think Harris would be a decent solution to the hole at RT.

Although I would prefer to address the position through the draft, Ryan Harris makes a lot of sense.

He was drafted by Mike S.

He's younger, he should be cheaper and he's actually a RT.

Once/if the RT hole is filled that just leaves RG which kills to birds w/ 1 stone.

An upgrade at RG moves Montgomery back to his natural position of Center.

Atogwe is the better playmaker of the two IMO but Huff is younger. Its really a pick your guy kind of thing. I'd take Atogwe for his time he was with Haslett in STL.

Thats true it really is 50-50.....but idk I just want to stop signing/trading people close or at the age of 30..........if we dont res-sign Brown and with McNabb being nearly gone I feel like we would be back in the Vinny Era......Of course if Vinny didnt make half the terrible trades that he made I wouldn't have this terrible feeling

The light finally came on for Huff this year. You can sign Atogwe now or wait until a CBA is resolved then spend on Huff. I think Atogwe would come cheaper and plays a steady, solid FS.

Honestly? That's what I want. I want a reliable, incredibly solid FS who makes the right reads and does his job damned well. Like Ryan Clark.

We have our crazy psycho playmaker at SS with Landry, we want someone solid beside him. Having two Landry's could be problematic.

Still believe we overpaid the Saints while allowing Brown to work himself into football shape. The picks surrendered for McNabb and Brown really irk me.

You believe a rookie 4th round tackle would be better than Brown half the season injured, and better during the other half? You're nuts.

I don't like Samson Satele. He's bombed out with two teams. He's got some big question marks. You know when guys say someone has "fire" and likes to "finish his blocks" and "plays mean"? Yeah...that's not Satele. Bill Parcells got rid of Satele cause he thought he was a *****. I don't like the idea of Satele being our C when we're going up against the Giants d-line or the Cowboys Jay Ratliff. Next season we'll also be playing against:

Patriot's Vince Wilfork

Jet's D-Line

Viking's with their Williams Wall

Cardinal's Darnell Dockett

Doesn't look good to me.

I totally disagree with your analysis of Satele's departure or "bombing out" of Miami and Oakland.

We all agree Oakland's a mess with crazy Al running the show over there correct? I really believe if Cable was still HC Satele wouldn't be going anywhere. A result of a senile man making decisions and prematurely changing regimes, Satele is going to slip through the cracks and hit the market due to Oakland having bigger fish to pay, Richard Seymour, Zach Miller, and Kamerion Wimbley to name a few.

Now let me tell you a story about Miami. At the time Miami was building a power blocking O-line to complement its stable of RB's Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams as well as take the pressure off its weak QB rotation. Investing it's number one overall pick in LT Jake Long, picking up big man RT FA Vernon Carey, along with high priced (former Raider) FA center Jake Grove. The same Jake Grove Parcells signed to a 4 year 30million dollar contract. The great "playing-mean", nasty, "firey", "block-finishing" center brought in to replace the as you put it "*****" Samson Satele. Only Parcells was completely wrong with his center evaluation and would cut Grove after just 1 year in Miami and have to rely on former Cowboy rejects Joe Berger / Corey Procter to take his place.

Sounds like a solid move on Parcells part to me. :jerk:

Parcells was right about one thing, Samson Satele is a ZBS center. Satele didn't fit the scheme in Miami so Parcells didn't cut the *****, he traded him to Oakland in exchange for swapping 4th rounders. IMO very similar to the Carriker trade we had here in DC; both former high round picks (Carriker a 1st, Satele a 2nd) in exchange for changing places in a round (Carriker switching spots in the 5th, Satele the 4th). Carriker didn't fit the 4-3 DT role he was plugged into at St Louis, Satele didn't fit the PBS in Miami, both are ideal fits here in our 3-4 and ZBS schemes.

Here's a quote from some article I googled written when Miami traded Satele to Oakland:

In Satele, the Raiders gain a talented 24-year-old who has already started 32 regular season games in his first two pro seasons. He provides the durability Grove failed to show in Oakland, as well as tremendous athleticism and footwork—important traits for Oakland's zone-blocking scheme.

In this scheme, size and strength take a back seat to speed, athleticism, footwork, and technique—some of Satele's best attributes. A misfit in Miami, Satele is a perfect fit in Oakland, and thus a great acquisition for the team.

After a couple years learning the ZBS in Oakland I think Satele could be a steal for a ZBS team in need of a young, hard working, athletic center...A team like the Redskins maybe? I ****ing hope so.

:saber:

I do really like the idea of Davin Joseph though. Jammal Brown or Ryan Harris, I'd prefer Brown. But Harris could be a solid cheaper replacement if Brown gets good money. I think I'd rather roll the dice with Montgomery at C than get Satele. It's still a very young line with Montgomery, and he's already got some chemistry with our guys.

I'm with you on Montgomery man. He's a solid center (not a big fan of him at guard), but even after being his teammate I would be worried with him as our #1 guy. I love him as our #2 though or part of a rotation at C.

I agree Joseph just seems like a perfect fit here in DC at RG for us and I could say the same about Harris at RT. I much prefer Harris over Brown though (due to age), especially if Brown is looking to get a fat contract.

I agree in that I think there's some very legit talent available at our 2nd round pick. If we get Davin Joseph, I think this let's us add much needed talent elsewhere. Don't like the idea of a RB at #41, but CB, WR, NT, DE/DT, or QB if someone like Locker falls.

I still like our RB trio of Torain, Williams, and James Davis. I'm not ready to write James Davis off after one bad game when he was new to the system.

Me too, I'd rather come out of the 2nd with a stud defensive starter like Ras-I Dowling or Phil Taylor then a RB. I was just saying, addressing O-line in FA (a cheaper position to fill in FA then other pricey FA positions NT / WR / CB / RB), allows us to get those expensive positions for cheap in the draft.

Hail. :helmet:

I'm actually content with J. Brown for a 4th rd pick. It's that 3rd for McNabb that is depressing lol. I hope we can pick up Ryan Harris as well and have insurance at RT. Either of them can start if one can not.

You've got it backwards. McNabb's pick was conditional. One of the conditions was that if he played 70% of the snaps or somehting on those lines he would be a 3rd rounder. Because he sat the remaining 3 games the pick became a 4th rounder, while the Jamal Brown pick turned into a 3rd rounder, while the saints returned a 5th rounder to us.

Archived