Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: LaRon Landry had surgery to repair dislocated wrist

SonOfWashington

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/laron-landry/laron-landry-had-surgery-to-re.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

Posted at 8:57 AM ET, 02/14/2011

LaRon Landry had surgery to repair dislocated wrist

By Mike Jones

Washington Redskins strong safety LaRon Landry is recovering from surgery to repair a dislocated left wrist, an injury he suffered during the second week of the season.

Landry, who had the surgery Feb. 4, said in a phone interview Sunday night that he knew the extent of the injury shortly after the 30-27 overtime loss to the Houston Texans. But he chose to play through the pain.

"You do what you gotta do," said Landry, who went on to play another seven games and was on pace for a career year with 85 tackles, an interception, a sack and a forced fumble before a badly strained left Achilles' tendon caused him to miss the final seven games of the season.

Landry was placed on Injured Reserve on Dec. 13.

The fourth-year pro said doctors inserted two screws inserted in his wrist and repaired torn ligaments. He is expected to be in a cast for four to six weeks.

Click the link for full article.

You can't question his toughness. Landry still shows signs of inconsistency, but he's a pretty athletically gifted, tough player who, when he's on, is an absolute monster. I'll take Landry on my team any day of the week. He can be an absolute game changer. We just need a free safety to complement him... (Which isn't high on the priority list, and nor should it be)....

Area 51... What could have been... (Sorry, I hate when people do that... But I couldn't help it here... Those two together back there would have been STUPID good.)

Yeesh. Kept playing with all of that? What a friggin' bad ass!

Thats what i was thinking as well. How in the world do you make all of those tackles with a dislocated ANYTHING? Anyway, its good he's addressing all of these issues early in the offseason. There's nothing that irritates me more than players who wait until June minicamp to get surgery, which means they run the risk of missing training camp.

Holy ****, what a trooper. How people STILL don't like Laron, even after he proved that it was basically just poor, no-balls coaching and immaturity that were his problems, I don't know. He's always been one of the most athletically gifted players on our team. He's a freak. How can you NOT want to see a guy like that succeed? Its amazing.

Even on OTHER teams (that aren't our rivals), I wish for those guys to succeed. Its totally off-topic, but I think its good for the sport. I hope that Cam Newton succeeds wherever he goes, because it can only be good for the NFL. I felt the same way about Calvin Johnson. You WANT to see these guys be spectacular on Sundays, as gifted as they are. Its an entertainment business, after all.

Holy ****, what a trooper. How people STILL don't like Laron, even after he proved that it was basically just poor, no-balls coaching and immaturity that were his problems, I don't know. He's always been one of the most athletically gifted players on our team. He's a freak. How can you NOT want to see a guy like that succeed? Its amazing.

Even on OTHER teams (that aren't our rivals), I wish for those guys to succeed. Its totally off-topic, but I think its good for the sport. I hope that Cam Newton succeeds wherever he goes, because it can only be good for the NFL. I felt the same way about Calvin Johnson. You WANT to see these guys be spectacular on Sundays, as gifted as they are. Its an entertainment business, after all.

LaRon is the freaking man...playing 7 games on a dislocated wrist? WOW

He's already in the running for All-Pro and DPOY.

Whatever. He poses after tackles, so he's an ass, so we should trade him.

Whatever. He poses after tackles, so he's an ass, so we should trade him.

:ols: I never understood the anger with that. Its a sport...we watch it for entertainment! I want to see players look jazzed up after a big hit, because I am.

Now, its different when Marion Barber flexes and freaks the **** out after a 3-yard run on 3rd and 5. That's just retarded.

But on defense, I'm all for being pumped over nice plays...I'd rather have that passion, to a degree, than dispassionate, detached "leadership", like Campbell used to display.

With a lockout looming, LOTS of players are rushing in to get things fixed. COBRA isn't cheap for anyone & with a lockout, they don't have health insurance. Good thing is, for those rushing in for offseason surgeries, they'll be that much further along in their recoveries once there is a CBA.

He tackles with his shoulder alot of the time. His traps are very huge. I can see how he plays with that dislocated wrist.

I'm just happy that we have guys like him and Fletcher on our team. I know there are more ballers like these two buried in the roster though (Riley)

He tackles with his shoulder alot of the time. His traps are very huge. I can see how he plays with that dislocated wrist.

It's not necessarily the tackling that amazes me. He had the diving interception against Rodgers in the Packers game with the dislocation. Granted, it was a body catch, but he landed full weight on that wrist.

Archived