Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: LaRon Landry had surgery to repair dislocated wrist

SonOfWashington

It's not necessarily the tackling that amazes me. He had the diving interception against Rodgers in the Packers game with the dislocation. Granted, it was a body catch, but he landed full weight on that wrist.

Well, you can pop a wrist back in when its dislocated. I'm guessing that they did, but that it left some structural damage or something that's being repaired now with surgery. I can't imagine he actually played 7 games with the wrist still literally dislocated. I'm sure it was mostly pain management, which still makes him a tough mofo.

Well, you can pop a wrist back in when its dislocated. I'm guessing that they did, but that it left some structural damage or something that's being repaired now with surgery. I can't imagine he actually played 7 games with the wrist still literally dislocated. I'm sure it was mostly pain management, which still makes him a tough mofo.

Yeah, you can pop it back in (learned that from Lethal Weapon a LONG time ago:)), but doing stuff like landing on it is very conducive to re-dislocating it.

He tackles with his shoulder alot of the time. His traps are very huge. I can see how he plays with that dislocated wrist.

I'm just happy that we have guys like him and Fletcher on our team. I know there are more ballers like these two buried in the roster though (Riley)

He's like 14 feet tall, got trapezius muscles and biceps. He's like a black*** batman if you will. And he can fly... underwater!

With a lockout looming, LOTS of players are rushing in to get things fixed. COBRA isn't cheap for anyone & with a lockout, they don't have health insurance. Good thing is, for those rushing in for offseason surgeries, they'll be that much further along in their recoveries once there is a CBA.

I hadn't thought of this until you mentioned it but this is a good point.

How many players are going to get things taken care of while they are still covered? I can see ups and downs to this but I would not be surprised if we don't see a mad rush of players heading to the doctors before their coverage runs out.

The sacrifices some players make, while others like Haynesworth skate by...

Hope Landry can play without any worse of an impact on his quality of living after football. It really looks to me like we have our next Ronnie Lott / Sean Taylor in the making.

(suck it, jay cutler riding on a stationary bike and going out after your game)

The sacrifices some players make, while others like Haynesworth skate by...

Can we please keep AH out of this? This is about LL. There are other threads about AH if you would like to discuss his failings. I understand what you are saying but tying him in with everything only gives him more power. He doesn't deserve that. Just my thought.

Can we please keep AH out of this? This is about LL. There are other threads about AH if you would like to discuss his failings. I understand what you are saying but tying him in with everything only gives him more power. He doesn't deserve that. Just my thought.
Didn't mean to empower AH or Cutler. Landry's example should do the opposite. I think comparison with those two makes Landry greater. But maybe you're right, I can see your point, though.

:cheers:

Archived