Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

James Gould (Agent) & NBC Washington: Brandon Banks involved in double stabbing (MET)

BigMike21

I can only shake my head at the number of judgemental folk on this board. First of all, BB was never in the club! He showed up @ about 2:30 with his friends and were not allowed to enter as we were in the process of clearing out the club. (He even said "C'mon man, I'm Brandon Banks" in a playfull manner. :ols:) Secondly, BB did NOTHING wrong!!! The fight started between his friend (who did throw the first punch however, no one can be certain if he saw/knew that the other guy had pulled his knife and was hiding it behind his leg) and another patron who WAS in the club. BB just came to the aid of a friend which I find admirable! Third, anything can happen anywhere and at anytime, so to pretend its the "club culture" or location (I guess Reston, Ashburn and other "nice" locations have never had any violent crime, huh? :doh:) is plain ole' stupid! To sum it up, BB did NOTHING wrong. He never even entered the club. Park did nothing wrong! We can't control what happens on the streets OUTSIDE of the club. We go out to help folk to their cars, prevent re-entry to the club and such, but once a person goes outside, how can we stop them from getting a weapon out of their car and possibly using it on someone else OUTSIDE the club? As far as his friend is concerned, he may or may not have started the incident, but that remains for the police and courts to determine. How about just wishing them all a speedy recovery instead of focusing on placing blame?

P.S. I am a "bouncer" (although we don't call ourselves that anymore) @ Park, so no speculating here. Nothing more to see here, move along! lol!

Chest tube sounds like an infection may have set in.

highly unlikely it is an infection....it is due to air getting into the pleural space (which is the space between the lung and the chest wall)....so the initial knife wound had to have penetrated into the lung region and the lung must have not have collapsed initially or the air in the pleural space wasn't noticed or wasn't hardly any in there when the initial chest x-rays were taken. So the likelihood of an infection isn't probably the case. He can definitely develop pleuritis from the chest wound in his acute recovery, but doubt it is that right now more likely air.

Originally Posted by Wyvern

After the Devin Thomas incident, my perception of Banks' character wasn't that good

.What was the incident with Devin? :whoknows:
Banks snapped a photo of Devin Thomas dozing off in some team meeting or film session, and posted it out into the public domain. At the time Thomas was the starting kick-returner. But shortly after that, Thomas was let go and Banks took over Thomas' role. Banks supporters indicate that the posting of the picture was all in good fun, and that Banks did eventually delete that picture.

Regardless, I felt it was unprofessional of Banks --or anyone-- to do something like that. Since no one knows the full context of when the picture was taken (lots of people have embarrassing moments when they lapse in a short doze during some lengthy lecture and then snap awake) the public was likely to interprete it for the worst meaning. So, there were a lot of people who started assuming Thomas was always sleeping in the meetings, and didn't care, etc. The fact is that we don't really know the full context because it was a snapshot of one moment in time, not some film video.

Whatever, the incident was damaging to Thomas' fragile standing with the Skins and created an environment where Shanhan almost had to move him out. Bottom line was that Banks gained at Thomas' expense, and I started to the picture incident was a contributing factor.

Now Banks may have been the better kick-returner, but --for me-- that episode did not leave me with a very good impression of his character. Nor does what what's starting to creep out about Brandon and his friend mixing it up with that guy in the night-club at 3 AM.

Ironically, if the security cameras wind up unraveling Banks' version of the story, this might be a bit a 'camera-karma.'

I can only shake my head at the number of judgemental folk on this board. First of all, BB was never in the club! He showed up @ about 2:30 with his friends and were not allowed to enter as we were in the process of clearing out the club. (He even said "C'mon man, I'm Brandon Banks" in a playfull manner. :ols:) Secondly, BB did NOTHING wrong!!! The fight started between his friend (who did throw the first punch however, no one can be certain if he saw/knew that the other guy had pulled his knife and was hiding it behind his leg) and another patron who WAS in the club. BB just came to the aid of a friend which I find admirable! Third, anything can happen anywhere and at anytime, so to pretend its the "club culture" or location (I guess Reston, Ashburn and other "nice" locations have never had any violent crime, huh? :doh:) is plain ole' stupid! To sum it up, BB did NOTHING wrong. He never even entered the club. Park did nothing wrong! We can't control what happens on the streets OUTSIDE of the club. We go out to help folk to their cars, prevent re-entry to the club and such, but once a person goes outside, how can we stop them from getting a weapon out of their car and possibly using it on someone else OUTSIDE the club? As far as his friend is concerned, he may or may not have started the incident, but that remains for the police and courts to determine. How about just wishing them all a speedy recovery instead of focusing on placing blame?

P.S. I am a "bouncer" (although we don't call ourselves that anymore) @ Park, so no speculating here. Nothing more to see here, move along! lol!

I get what you're saying about The Park having no control over folks going to their car to get a weapon etc....however, if a dude in Banks' crew (who wasn't partying in the club from what I gather) is scrapping w. a patron..is there a remote possibility that he had the weapon on him from the jump? Seems to be a little too spontaneous for someone to walk to their car, get a knife, and start slashing...just sayin'....If dude had a knife on him the whole time while inside of the building, THAT is on The Park.

I appreciate you sharing this. And I agree 110% about the judgemental people on here.

Its hilarious to see all these people say "Nothing Good Happens at 3AM" and "He shouldn't do that":ols::ols::ols:

He was at Park }A club I frequent{

Park usually has cops everywhere outside

Park closes at 3AM

If I was young, rich and successful, I cant think of anywhere in this area I would party BUT DC

This is def. the 40 and over forum... Im sure you guys remember disco:pfft:

Whether I'm in a good club area or a bad one, if I'm an NFL player fighting to keep the spot I just earned, the last place you would find me is a inside or outside a night club after 12am. Its proven time and time again, clubs are just not the place to be for NFL players. I'm sure many players club and we only hear about the sour occasions, but its just not worth the chance at this point.

Think about this, you're an NFL player, checks cashed. Why not throw a party at your own crib? That way you still get to party, but not with sketchy folks and scumbags who be jelly

I get what you're saying about The Park having no control over folks going to their car to get a weapon etc....however, if a dude in Banks' crew (who wasn't partying in the club from what I gather) is scrapping w. a patron..is there a remote possibility that he had the weapon on him from the jump? Seems to be a little too spontaneous for someone to walk to their car, get a knife, and start slashing...just sayin'....If dude had a knife on him the whole time while inside of the building, THAT is on The Park.

I don't want to get too far into the weeds on this, but if you want to argue legalities...If I walk into the courthouse and get away with concealing a knife somewhere on my person, and upon exiting the building I manage to stab someone on the street in front of the courthouse, is the courthouse liable for my actions because they should have detected the knife? What about the police officers located on the street in front of the courthouse (or Park in this case as we always have at least two!) What is their responsibility and why aren't they liable?

I didn't want to turn this into a defense of Park, but just for fun envision yourself the owner of an upscale nightclub in the heart of DC in the winter time. You have 1500-2500 patrons waiting in long lines to enjoy themselves and spend money in your establishment. Without turning people off and losing bussiness, please share your foolproof security plan that would ensure with 100% accuracy, that no patron is able to enter your club with any type of weapon. Keep in mind that metal detectors would most likely alarm with every patron (belt buckles, cell phones, etc.), and that would require pulling them aside and losing one security guy/girl to perform the search. Remember, it's 20 degrees outside, and the ladies in the short sexy skirts (whom, by the way is the reason that most of your male patrons are there!) are starting to complain and leave, dudes follow...you get the picture.

The purpose of my post was just to stop all the speculation, fans turning on BB like he's some kind of "thug" or "troublemaker" and the other uninformed, biased, stereotypical and otherwise knee-jerk reactions that I routinely see here. The main thing I want to see is that BB and anyone else who was injured, has a speedy recovery. Human tragedy is just that, regardless of fault!

Hail

I don't want to get too far into the weeds on this, but if you want to argue legalities...If I walk into the courthouse and get away with concealing a knife somewhere on my person, and upon exiting the building I manage to stab someone on the street in front of the courthouse, is the courthouse liable for my actions because they should have detected the knife? What about the police officers located on the street in front of the courthouse (or Park in this case as we always have at least two!) What is their responsibility and why aren't they liable?

I didn't want to turn this into a defense of Park, but just for fun envision yourself the owner of an upscale nightclub in the heart of DC in the winter time. You have 1500-2500 patrons waiting in long lines to enjoy themselves and spend money in your establishment. Without turning people off and losing bussiness, please share your foolproof security plan that would ensure with 100% accuracy, that no patron is able to enter your club with any type of weapon. Keep in mind that metal detectors would most likely alarm with every patron (belt buckles, cell phones, etc.), and that would require pulling them aside and losing one security guy/girl to perform the search. Remember, it's 20 degrees outside, and the ladies in the short sexy skirts (whom, by the way is the reason that most of your male patrons are there!) are starting to complain and leave, dudes follow...you get the picture.

The purpose of my post was just to stop all the speculation, fans turning on BB like he's some kind of "thug" or "troublemaker" and the other uninformed, biased, stereotypical and otherwise knee-jerk reactions that I routinely see here. The main thing I want to see is that BB and anyone else who was injured, has a speedy recovery. Human tragedy is just that, regardless of fault!

Hail

Are you saying that the security measures at The Park SHOULDN'T be questioned if dude had a knife in there in the first place? C'mon now....All I know is that if I'm partying at a club, I expect to be safe and also expect the security to do a good job in making sure folks arent bringing in burners, knives, or anything else. It wasn't a good look for the LQ after Plax shot himself in the leg. People questioned how he got a gun in the joint from the jump...same deal for The Park if it turns out this guy had a knife on him while partying. If you are expecting large crowds, take the measures to ensure the safety of the other party-goers. I'm sorry...but someone slipped up (again...if it's proven that dude had the knife in the club). You don't need to lecture me on how things work in clubs during the Winter. Honestly, I'm reading a lot of excuses from you. I'm not blaming Banks...nor am I judging him. As more of the details come out, we'll get a clearer picture of what actually went down.

Are you saying that the security measures at The Park SHOULDN'T be questioned if dude had a knife in there in the first place? C'mon now....All I know is that if I'm partying at a club, I expect to be safe and also expect the security to do a good job in making sure folks arent bringing in burners, knives, or anything else. It wasn't a good look for the LQ after Plax shot himself in the leg. People questioned how he got a gun in the joint from the jump...same deal for The Park if it turns out this guy had a knife on him while partying. If you are expecting large crowds, take the measures to ensure the safety of the other party-goers. I'm sorry...but someone slipped up (again...if it's proven that dude had the knife in the club). You don't need to lecture me on how things work in clubs during the Winter. Honestly, I'm reading a lot of excuses from you. I'm not blaming Banks...nor am I judging him. As more of the details come out, we'll get a clearer picture of what actually went down.

AGAIN, as I stated before, I didn't come in here to defend Park! If you wish to focus on that one portion of my post then so be it. (but you can do it alone!) You stated "If you are expecting large crowds, take the measures to ensure the safety of the other party-goers." Of course safety is paramount. I offered no excuses, rather I asked YOU for suggestions on how to inprove or what measures you would impliment if you were the owner. I even provided a few of the challenges that we face so you can include that in your planning, but I see that you choose to avoid providing any useful feedback which I could in turn provide to my bosses and make everyones experience safer and more fun. Thanks. It is becomming obvious that your only purpose here is to be contentious. As the old saying goes "If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem."

Good luck in finding your 100% safe place (I'm thinking a sterile bubble, but then you might roll away...damn!)

AGAIN, as I stated before, I didn't come in here to defend Park! If you wish to focus on that one portion of my post then so be it. (but you can do it alone!) You stated "If you are expecting large crowds, take the measures to ensure the safety of the other party-goers." Of course safety is paramount. I offered no excuses, rather I asked YOU for suggestions on how to inprove or what measures you would impliment if you were the owner. I even provided a few of the challenges that we face so you can include that in your planning, but I see that you choose to avoid providing any useful feedback which I could in turn provide to my bosses and make everyones experience safer and more fun. Thanks. It is becomming obvious that your only purpose here is to be contentious. As the old saying goes "If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem."

Good luck in finding your 100% safe place (I'm thinking a sterile bubble, but then you might roll away...damn!)

Congrats on being patronizing.

You said "Park did nothing wrong!" Then state you aren't defending Park when in your ORIGINAL post you stated that Park has no control of folks who leave the club, go to their cars, and get a weapon....all while conveniently leaving out the possibility that the dude may have had the knife on him in the first place.

If it's proven that he did have the knife on him in the club, I guess you can go to your bosses and ask how you can do your job better and make the experience safer and more fun. That's my advice.

No place is 100% safe...but there are plenty of clubs that operate w/o having knife fights outside of its doors. It can happen anywhere....if dude got a knife out of his car, came back, and then scrapped...that out of your hands. However, if it comes down to a dude partying w. a weapon...well, you all will have some questions to answer.

Congrats on being patronizing.

You said "Park did nothing wrong!" Then state you aren't defending Park when in your ORIGINAL post you stated that Park has no control of folks who leave the club, go to their cars, and get a weapon....all while conveniently leaving out the possibility that the dude may have had the knife on him in the first place.

If it's proven that he did have the knife on him in the club, I guess you can go to your bosses and ask how you can do your job better and make the experience safer and more fun. That's my advice.

No place is 100% safe...but there are plenty of clubs that operate w/o having knife fights outside of its doors. It can happen anywhere....if dude got a knife out of his car, came back, and then scrapped...that out of your hands. However, if it comes down to a dude partying w. a weapon...well, you all will have some questions to answer.

So NOW you're arguing about the POSSIBILITY that he had a knife in the club!?!? :doh: (If "if" was a fifth, we'd all be drunk...If my Aunt had a penis, she'd be my Uncle...) Dude, I'm done with you and the rabbit hole you seem intent on trying to drag me down. :beatdeadhorse: You may have had a point if my entire post was intended to defend Park, but it wasn't. Answering questions isn't a problem for me or anyone else who knows they "did their job," and for those who it MAY be found to have NOT done their jobs...then let the chips fall where they may.

I suddenly realized how appropriate your screen name is! Another contentious individual, much like you are showing yourself to be. Go back and try reading my entire post and not just where I stated that Park did nothing wrong (to which I'll conceed/edit my post to say that Park did nothing wrong that I am aware of) and try to pick up on the positive vibe that I attempted to inject into this thread.

One of the reasons I have been a member of this board since 2007 (only 1 yr less than you) but only have 52 post (about 850 LESS than you) is because of all of the folk in here who want nothing more than to argue with other members of this so called Redskins family of fans. I don't think we even argue with Dallas, Eagles, or Giants fans as much as we snipe at each other.:dallasuck:eaglesuck:giantsuck: Everytime someone post, there are 20 people like yourself just lurking behind their keyboards (at least it's safe there for you!) so they can pounce and prove their intellectual superiority or superior football acumen. I don't know you from a hole in the wall, but instead of a conversation with a fellow fan, who I may see at a game someday and would share a beer or five with :cheers:... I met a Troll whom I've fed far too much already:troll:, and wouldn't want to share a beer with, if it meant throwing it on you because you were on fire!:evil:

To end all this crap, you're right! BB, all of his boys, the dude with the knife, police, SPO's, and security @ Park, management and owner and MOST of all ME, are completely at fault for whatever may or may not have happened that night. Happy?

Now where's that button...Ahhhhh, there it is! :ignore:

Dude, give it a rest. You are full of yourself.

Go back and try reading my entire post and not just where I stated that Park did nothing wrong (to which I'll conceed/edit my post to say that Park did nothing wrong that I am aware of)

Which you should have said from the jump instead of saying that you're not responsible for folks going to their cars getting their weapons, returning, etc...as if that is what actually happened. YOU DON'T KNOW! At the end of the day, the kid is still in the hospital w. his friend, and there have been cover-ups left and right since he got stabbed. It's a murky situation that's been on the hush.

Answering questions isn't a problem for me or anyone else who knows they "did their job," and for those who it MAY be found to have NOT done their jobs...then let the chips fall where they may.

Which is EXACTLY what I was getting at....but I'm a troll...so what do I know....

As the great Fred Smoot would say, "Point blank," we ALL need to wait for the ACTUAL details to understand what really went down. All we can do is speculate and question because NO ONE knows. There is ZERO harm in discussing that on a message board of all places. Save the emoticons and over-sensitivity for someone else.

Archived