Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

James Gould (Agent) & NBC Washington: Brandon Banks involved in double stabbing (MET)

BigMike21

i worked security at a strip club here in memphis for a couple of years. it was on the seedy side of town and statistically Memphis has been ranked #2 most dangerous city in the country for the last few years. thus meaning that this club is in the heart of one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the country. we never had these kinds of issues. we usually had 2 working the door another just inside and a virtual army in the club. how did we keep weapons out?we treated it like airport security lol. we used metal detecting wands AND frisked people. during my time there we had plenty of fights but not one stabbing and not one shooting.

where there is a will there is a way. if someone wants to get a weapon in i suppose it is entirely possible.... however having a vigilant security staff greatly reduces the possibility.

should BB have been stabbed? of course not.... but i bet he has learned to keep his smart little mouth shut! this is why you dont talk smack to people... you never know what they are capable of and i would say if yer under 6 feet and 150 lbs in football gear, its probably best to stfu and just have a good time!

"The stabbing occurred outside an upscale nightclub after three men got into an argument, according to police. Banks and one of Banks' friends were injured, and a suspect has been charged with assault with a dangerous weapon."

How is it not attempted murder when you stab someone in the chest ?

Every time I read the updates in the OP it gives me chills. We're talking about a knife being inches away from another Sean Taylor situation. So, so glad Brandon will be ok. Also glad he's not being 'implicated for any wrongdoing.' I couldn't believe the number of jackasses that were calling Sean a 'thug' days after his death, as if he wasn't defending his family. Same here, lil' Banks defending his best friend.

And forgive me for not reading every post here, but did his friend turn out to be ok?

ok i know im gonna get blasted here but im gonna say it anyway.

i havent read through all 12 pages of the post but im positive im probably gonna be in the minority here.now let me first say that I DONT BELIEVE THAT BB DESERVED WHAT HE GOT.... BUT HE DID GET WHAT HE ASKED FOR.

unlike ST21 who was defending his family....BB "allowed his alligator mouth to override his hummingbird ass" as my father would have put it. the truth here is that BB instigated a situation and has paid a severe price for it. in todays world you just cant talk **** to just anybody because you never know who is packing heat or some sort of weapon. i dont believe he deserved to be stabbed.... but im not surprised dude wanted to whip his ass for a smart mouthed comment that should never have been said.

i do wish BB and his friend a speedy recovery but i just cannot ignore the fact that it was his actions that instigated the whole situation. if he had been a mature adult and just kept his mouth shut he wouldnt have a tube in his chest and we wouldnt be dealing with another ST21 type scare. i can only hope that the young man learns a lesson from this and does a bit of maturing.

the simple truth is.... his mouth almost cost his and his best friends life. and yes i think the guy that did the stabbing should in fact be charged with attempted murder.

http://blog.redskins.com/2011/02/16/an-update-on-brandon-banks/

James Gould, the agent for Redskins wide receiver/kick returner Brandon Banks, has released another statement on Banks' condition following the stabbing incident of this past weekend:

"Brandon is doing fine; he has been moved to Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington, under the care of Redskins team physician, Dr. Anthony Casolaro. The knife nicked his lung creating a pneunomothorax condition. He still has a chest tube inserted and it will remain until the wound heals and the lung remains inflated.

"We are hopeful that the tube will be removed by Friday, and if the lung does not respond then a commonly performed procedure using a scope will be performed to repair the lung. Brandon should be released within 48 hours afterward. We expect 100 percent recovery where he can resume his offseason training in two to four weeks.

"We were hopeful that the tube would have been removed this past Monday, but the lung would not remain inflated. Brandon is in good spirits, especially after speaking with his friend, Christopher Nixon. Brandon would like to thank the doctors and nurses at Howard University Hospital for their care and appreciates the outpouring of love and support from his fans, teammates and the Redskins family."

i worked security at a strip club here in memphis for a couple of years. it was on the seedy side of town and statistically Memphis has been ranked #2 most dangerous city in the country for the last few years. thus meaning that this club is in the heart of one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the country. we never had these kinds of issues. we usually had 2 working the door another just inside and a virtual army in the club. how did we keep weapons out?we treated it like airport security lol. we used metal detecting wands AND frisked people. during my time there we had plenty of fights but not one stabbing and not one shooting.

where there is a will there is a way. if someone wants to get a weapon in i suppose it is entirely possible.... however having a vigilant security staff greatly reduces the possibility.

should BB have been stabbed? of course not.... but i bet he has learned to keep his smart little mouth shut! this is why you dont talk smack to people... you never know what they are capable of and i would say if yer under 6 feet and 150 lbs in football gear, its probably best to stfu and just have a good time!

@ Joe,

I hear you brother! I've worked security/bounced for just about 20 years now. I've worked everything from 1 man security at a popular sports bar, to strip clubs, to upscale places with tons of security (I've never seen as many security as @ Park!). Each place had it's own unique challenges for sure. I've never had/seen a stabbing at any of the strip clubs I worked at either, but getting 50-200 people who arrive randomly throughout the night(most strip clubs), and trying to manage a line that's around the corner in both directions (clubs like Park, H20,etc.) is a whole new ball of wax.

We can only continue to try to improve, but hell, even the Selehi's got past secret service/Capitol police and into the White House without much of a problem! The problem isn't security, it's us and the way we think! Stepping on the wrong persons shoe can get you killed and that's sad.

As far as talking smack...I remember the days where the "dozens" reigned supreme, made everyone laugh. but never got you stabbed or shot. After reviewing the security tape, his (BB) boys were ragging on him (the "stabber") because he was wearing an all white suit after Labor day (in front of all those folk who were leaving the club) and it escalated from there. IMHO, it's a tragic condition of humanity when talking about someone can get you killed. Sadly, this is the world that we live in, and hopefully EVERYONE can learn something from this.

IAs far as BB, I'm sure he'll have his lil" arse in the gym trying to get his "weight up!"

@ Joe,

I hear you brother! I've worked security/bounced for just about 20 years now. I've worked everything from 1 man security at a popular sports bar, to strip clubs, to upscale places with tons of security (I've never seen as many security as @ Park!). Each place had it's own unique challenges for sure. I've never had/seen a stabbing at any of the strip clubs I worked at either, but getting 50-200 people who arrive randomly throughout the night(most strip clubs), and trying to manage a line that's around the corner in both directions (clubs like Park, H20,etc.) is a whole new ball of wax.

We can only continue to try to improve, but hell, even the Selehi's got past secret service/Capitol police and into the White House without much of a problem! The problem isn't security, it's us and the way we think! Stepping on the wrong persons shoe can get you killed and that's sad.

As far as talking smack...I remember the days where the "dozens" reigned supreme, made everyone laugh. but never got you stabbed or shot. After reviewing the security tape, his (BB) boys were ragging on him (the "stabber") because he was wearing an all white suit after Labor day (in front of all those folk who were leaving the club) and it escalated from there. IMHO, it's a tragic condition of humanity when talking about someone can get you killed. Sadly, this is the world that we live in, and hopefully EVERYONE can learn something from this.

IAs far as BB, I'm sure he'll have his lil" arse in the gym trying to get his "weight up!"

i hear what yer saying.... although i will say this about the club i was at. we averaged about 400 in the club at a time on weeknights and 600 -800 on fri and sat and on special event nights. thats IN the club not guests per evening. we were full of gang bangers all the time and it really got rowdy when they held rap contests. we had a line that stretched approx 50 - 75 yards down the sidewalk and around the corner of the building. but you are in a more populated area so i may have no grasp as to the size and capacity of these establishments.

personally i dont care how many are in line and how long they have to stay there. my job was to make sure that those that made it inside were there partying safe. the people in line WANTED to be inside so they were patient.

im not faulting the club for what happened because i dont know if the dude had the knife in the club or not. and like i said before ... where there is a will there is a way. i put the blame on BB and his friends for talkin **** to someone they knew nothing about. if im in line or leaving a club and some lil pissant 150 lb dude starts talkin **** to me or my friends... id prolly whip his ass too.... to be honest. but i would never consider pulling a knife.

as i said ina subsequent post... it is a shame what happened but i hope that BB has learned a valuable lesson from this.

• 3 weeks later...

Banks is an idiot...hopefully he learns from this....

A recently released report details what witnesses saw the night Washington Redskins kick returner Brandon Banks and friend Christopher Nixon were stabbed last week. Vincent Parker, an investigator from the city's Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration, looked into the stabbing because it happened outside of the 14th Street NW club Park at Fourteenth.

The incident, which happened on Feb.12 at about 3 a.m., left Banks with a cut to the torso that led to a collapsed lung. Banks is expected to make a full recovery and is no longer hospitalized. Nixon sustained serious stab wounds and is still hospitalized. Jason Shorter, 24, was arrested for the knife attack and faces an assault with a dangerous weapon charge. Shorter's lawyers Barry Coburn and Kristin McGough declined comment.

The story of what went down prior to the bloody altercation starts with Banks, Nixon, and another friend named Tyrone Woods arriving at Park at Fourteenth in Banks' gold Cadillac Escalade. According to what Yared Tesfaye, vice president of U Street Parking, told ABRA, the trio may have started their visit off on the wrong foot.

Tesfaye, who was on duty that night, told investigators Banks parked right in front of the establishment. "Mr. Tesfaye stated that he and the other valet staff requested that the Cadillac truck be moved because it was blocking traffic." But Tesfaye said Banks and friends just stood in front of the club and began talking. Tesfaye recalled that a short time later, Banks and at least one friend began arguing with another group of men and things got heated. Later, Tesfaye saw one man "swinging a knife."

Park at Fourteenth "security host" Stevie Richardson had a similar account of what happened that night, but added that during the argument one of the men "appeared to be hiding something behind him when he brandished some sort of pocket knife and stabbed both males who were standing on the curbside. Mr. Richardson said he immediately grabbed the suspect, pinning him against the Cadillac SUV, and retrieved the knife."

Rest of article in the link

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/2011/03/02/the-real-story-behind-the-brandon-banks-stabbing/

• 1 month later...

Archived