Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

James Gould (Agent) & NBC Washington: Brandon Banks involved in double stabbing (MET)

BigMike21

Like my dad always says "Nothing good ever happens after midnight"...which I never listened to in college. But I see his point...there is a high proportion of lunatics, drunks, and jackasses out late at night. There is always a higher likelihood for bad stuff to happen like this at clubs (even upscale ones) at closing time.

Sorry to hear Banks and his friend got stabbed. I hope they both recover quickly.

And despite what some in here say, there is a lesson to be learned in this: when someone starts an argument with you, particularly in that type of environment, you don't engage them, particularly when (if) they've been drinking. You get out of there immediately. I hope Brandon and his friend take this lesson to heart... good luck to them both.

Like my dad always says "Nothing good ever happens after midnight"...which I never listened to in college. But I see his point...there is a high proportion of lunatics, drunks, and jackasses out late at night. There is always a higher likelihood for bad stuff to happen like this at clubs (even upscale ones) at closing time. .

Your dad is a wise man. Alot of the trouble that i ALMOST got into when i was in college was after midnight, whether i was at the club or hanging out around the club when it let out.

Your dad is a wise man. Alot of the trouble that i ALMOST got into when i was in college was after midnight, whether i was at the club or hanging out around the club when it let out.
Yeah, I guess he usually has some pretty good advice ;) He did his general surgery residency in a downtown DC hospital and took care of a lot of gunshot wounds and stabbings...I suspect his token of wisdom came partly as a result of that experience and the observations he made during that time...

Thing is, that's a nice part of town he was in....

There is no such thing as "nice" part of town anywhere. Anything can happen to anyone regardless of the location. That always bother me when people say "stuff like that don't happen around here."

My prayers go out to Bank's friend. It shows you Bank's character the way he ran to his friend's rescue.

There is no such thing as "nice" part of town anywhere. Anything can happen to anyone regardless of the location. That always bother me when people say "stuff like that don't happen around here."

My prayers go out to Bank's friend. It shows you Bank's character the way he ran to his friend's rescue.

i agree. banks really earned my respect for probably saving his friends life :) i may have to get a brandon banks jersey cause i have a feeling he'll be big in dc for many, many years to come

Although I hope he is ok, I'm pretty positive that Banks' friend probably started the whole thing.

Brandon Banks is moving up in the world, sometimes life long friends tend to try and get a little crazy on the coattails of their newly-famous buddies, especially with alcohol involved.

However, sounds like BB manned up and stopped what could of ended really bad.

As for the Park on 14th, I've been their numerous times. Probably won't be going back. :)

Man this is crazy. Hope he is ok. Yea i agree with Braveonthewarpath, he should have ran away. Seriously tho. These clubs are dangerous man. People don't fight anymore they pull out guns and knifes. Luckily it looks like he's gonna be good tho cause it def could have been worse.

Thank GOD your'e no life long friend of mine. You wouldn't be able to show your face in town any longer if I told everyone you ran with your tail between your legs as I was being stabbed.

How do these people that are prone to stabbing/shooting strangers whenever they get drunk ever avoid a felony conviction by age 19? You'd think they'd have friends to stop them "dude, you ****ing try to stab people whenever we do shots, stick to beer." You know?

My two cents(video blog) on the Brandon Banks incident and couple of other things http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZUuWmhZvXg

I think players need to stop and see the things they can lose by not staying focused, I'm all about having fun, but careers can be lost in a second....or even lives in some circumstances.

Hope Brandon recovers fast and godspeed to his friend.....

If a team decides to only sign players that have no interest in the club scene, I will be a fan of that team, with few exceptions. Not saying Brandon was in the wrong for being 23 and at a night club at 3AM during the off-season -- I'm just sick of hearing about trouble in da club.

You know what, I have no problem with ANY player going out to the club in the off-season. Everyone has a right to go out and blow off some steam. Just because an unfortunate incident occurred that was out of Brandon's control doesn't mean he shouldn't have been there. If he gets in a car accident going out to grab a bite to eat because he doesn't feel like cooking are people going to make comments like "when are athletes going to learn that driving is just not that safe. There is too much to lose when athletes drive. This is what happens when an athlete loses focus and wants to eat a Big Mac." Athletes are human, they are no different from you and I. It's amazing to me that the majority of 30+ year old fans (I'll be one of those in a few weeks) have lost sight of what it is like to be in your early 20's. Couple that with being a local celebrity and OF COURSE you are going to want to go out to "da club" not only will tons of chicks flock to you but you are going to treated like a king by the proprietors of the club. My advice to anyone here is before you place blame on "da club", just take a few moments remember what it was like to be single and in in your early 20's.

I don't know that I like the blaming the victim angle here. Banks shouldn't have to live as a hermit just because he has some money and fame. Young men should go out and be able to dance, drink, and what not. I don't have a problem with someone going clubbing (unless that means something very different from understand clubbing to be). That said, it's always good to be smart and stay in control and if you find yourself in a place that's out of control you should find the exit before events like this happen. Hope Banks and his friend fully recover. Glad that it sounds like Brandon will be okay.

This is why I wait until all details come out before laying blame/shame.

Boo to the people in this thread who banged on Banks before knowing anything.

If I did not come to my best friends aid in a life threatening situation, I would be ashamed. You can lay blame after

everyone is safe.

I may be an ass, but if a friend of mine is laying all over the edge, I've got his back, no matter what.

You know what, I have no problem with ANY player going out to the club in the off-season. Everyone has a right to go out and blow off some steam. Just because an unfortunate incident occurred that was out of Brandon's control doesn't mean he shouldn't have been there. If he gets in a car accident going out to grab a bite to eat because he doesn't feel like cooking are people going to make comments like "when are athletes going to learn that driving is just not that safe. There is too much to lose when athletes drive. This is what happens when an athlete loses focus and wants to eat a Big Mac." Athletes are human, they are no different from you and I. It's amazing to me that the majority of 30+ year old fans (I'll be one of those in a few weeks) have lost sight of what it is like to be in your early 20's. Couple that with being a local celebrity and OF COURSE you are going to want to go out to "da club" not only will tons of chicks flock to you but you are going to treated like a king by the proprietors of the club. My advice to anyone here is before you place blame on "da club", just take a few moments remember what it was like to be single and in in your early 20's.

I don't forget what it was like to be in my early 20s. Lets see, I didn't go to nightclubs, or even bars downtown Charlotte, or strip clubs. We went to a local area bar/family resturant, sat in the bar area and drank, sometimes even closed the place down at 2am. In our 10-12 years of going there (from age 20 to 31) before it shut down, I'd say there was about a 5% chance that trouble would break out there. Sure, watching football, I got into some arguments and a few close fights, but never actually got into a physical fight. Why? Because it's not worth going to jail over or losing my life over if the other guy is packing. The few times it got to that point, we left before it went any further.

I admire Banks for trying to help his friend, that's not about that at all. But, him and his friend have no business being out at 3am, nobody does if you ask me. Everyone talks about going out and blowing off steam. Ok, is there really that much steam to blow off that will keep you out until 3am? Im not buying that and that's coming from a guy who when stressed/pissed off will usually hit the bar to blow off some steam and have a couple of beers. Then that's that, I leave.

Im sorry, and all you "clubers" can say what you want. But night clubs attract as many losers/thugs as they do normal people and athletes. That's why this **** keeps happening because these "never will be" peeps are jealous and athletes make good targets. So they start **** with them or a member of their entourage, etc. Athletes should start going to family restaraunts w/bars like Outback, Buffalo Wild Wings, or upscale resturants and sit at the bar and drink. You never hear about an athlete getting stabbed in the parking lot outside Carraba's at 3am......

Archived