Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

James Gould (Agent) & NBC Washington: Brandon Banks involved in double stabbing (MET)

BigMike21

My mind had a flashback to Sean Taylor, So thankful that BB has been released. And yes, at 3am in a club all of the hot and ready chicks have already left. Nothing but trouble lurking. Back when I was a young buck, if I was still in a club at 3am, I considered it to be a bad night.

He's not Plaxico Burress...he didn't stab himself. I don't like hearing this stuff either, but what are you suggesting...they tell him and everyone else who are all grown men..."you're not allowed to go anywhere like this or be any where near any club...here's a list of places you're allowed to go...starbucks, public library, walgreens, and mcdonalds...any where else is strictly off limits!!!"

Hell no! Starbucks and McDonalds are garbage. Strike those two and add Panera, Chipotle and I guess church if they're so inclined.

You have a lot of displaced anger. If you actually read my post, I said no one should tell anyone where to go, but since you didn't I'm not surprised that you ignored that point and jumped right to conclusions.

The lesson to be learned is quite simple, when you're a high profile athlete a lot can happen. Does that mean that you hide and don't live life? No. It means you're a bit more careful. Don't get in an argument. Get out of there before you can get stabbed. That's the lesson you learn.

I work at a bar, as security, and I see all sorts of **** go down where people get into it. Most of the time, people are too macho to turn away or let something go and that's when things ensue. I'm not saying that's what happened to Banks here. I don't know what happened to Banks, but more times than not it's how it happens.

If you're going to go out, be smart. That's the lesson to be learned.

Not turning into a hermit.

I did read your post and yes I saw that you wrote they shouldn't be told where to go and not to go, but this goes hand in hand with what I'm quoting from your post..."they know the risks and should be held accountable when things like this happen. I hope he learned a lesson."...if he did nothing wrong and we don't know because all we know is where he was and he had superficial knife wounds, what are you wanting to hold him accountable for? What lesson is he supposed to learn?

It's like saying he was in D.C. at 4am on a sunday morning and at a stoplight when a drunk driver ran a red light and smashed into his car. Insert quote..."they know the risks and should be held accountable when things like this happen. I hope he learned a lesson."...we don't know that he did anything wrong. So why are people so quick to judge and throw out the "this isn't what he should be doing" or "I hope he learned a lesson from his mistake" types of posts. What if there was no lesson to learn other than people can be idiots and since you have money, no matter where you are or the time of day you're a target...basically you're ******.

I could be wrong and B Banks could have been living the Thug Life starting trouble, but until some has proof why be judgemental? Especially considering he's the one who got stabbed and his friend isn't doing too well.

Glad he is going to be OK...if I was a coach I'd institue a "no clubs" rule and specifiy certain places that were off-lmits. Before you tell me "you can't do that"..there are some coaches/teams that already do. They are grown men and should be allowed to do what they want....but there can rules outside of the team grounds as well....this should be one of them.

Best wishes, Brandon Banks and his friend! Get better soon! Some things are more important than football.

Glad he is going to be OK...if I was a coach I'd institue a "no clubs" rule and specifiy certain places that were off-lmits. Before you tell me "you can't do that"..there are some coaches/teams that already do. They are grown men and should be allowed to do what they want....but there can rules outside of the team grounds as well....this should be one of them.
I agree with your sentiment, but another poster says they were in a nice part of town. You can try to stay out of bad neighborhoods, but hoods can go practically anywhere themselves.

I did read your post and yes I saw that you wrote they shouldn't be told where to go and not to go, but this goes hand in hand with what I'm quoting from your post..."they know the risks and should be held accountable when things like this happen. I hope he learned a lesson."...if he did nothing wrong and we don't know because all we know is where he was and he had superficial knife wounds, what are you wanting to hold him accountable for? What lesson is he supposed to learn?

It's like saying he was in D.C. at 4am on a sunday morning and at a stoplight when a drunk driver ran a red light and smashed into his car. Insert quote..."they know the risks and should be held accountable when things like this happen. I hope he learned a lesson."...we don't know that he did anything wrong. So why are people so quick to judge and throw out the "this isn't what he should be doing" or "I hope he learned a lesson from his mistake" types of posts. What if there was no lesson to learn other than people can be idiots and since you have money, no matter where you are or the time of day you're a target...basically you're ******.

I could be wrong and B Banks could have been living the Thug Life starting trouble, but until some has proof why be judgemental? Especially considering he's the one who got stabbed and his friend isn't doing too well.

maybe he meant that if there is a lesson to be learned from this, that he learned his lesson. but yea i see what ur saying. 4 years ago, my brother (hes 22) was in germany for a month for a german exchange program. one night, he and his german dude were out partying at a club. this drunk dude apparently saw someone groping his girlfriend, and a little while later, he saw my brother and thought that he was the guy. he started chasing after my brother with a knife. my brother was running as far away from the crazy drunk dude as he could get, and he eventually lost the drunk dude. so long story short, we dont know that brandon banks was or wasnt causing trouble. if he was, i hope he learned his lesson. if he wasnt, then i hope he just stays safer next time to not get in this situation.

---------- Post added February-12th-2011 at 06:36 PM ----------

He's not Plaxico Burress...he didn't stab himself. I don't like hearing this stuff either, but what are you suggesting...they tell him and everyone else who are all grown men..."you're not allowed to go anywhere like this or be any where near any club...here's a list of places you're allowed to go...starbucks, public library, walgreens, and mcdonalds...any where else is strictly off limits!!!"

plaxico burress didnt stab himself, he had a gun in his pocket and accidentally pulled the trigger. but yea i agree.

Best wishes, Brandon Banks and his friend! Get better soon! Some things are more important than football.

I agree with your sentiment, but another poster says they were in a nice part of town. You can try to stay out of bad neighborhoods, but hoods can go practically anywhere themselves.

Agreed on all points.

Going to a club is not a bad idea, just be smart about it. That goes for clubs, football games, church, whatever.

Anyone else notice that Banks's twitter is gone? Used to be @bbanks16

I JUST started following him yesterday too.

I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but there's an article in the Breaking News section where Banks' agent says that his friend got stabbed first, and Banks was injured trying to help him.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/brandon-banks/brandon-banks-released-from-ho.html

Washington Redskins punt-kick returner Brandon Banks is expected to make a full recovery from a stab wound to the upper left abdomen that was sustained while coming to the aid of a friend who was in a fight outside of The Park at Fourteenth, a District nightclub, at 3 a.m. Saturday.

Banks was standing outside the Northwest Washington club when his friend, Christopher Nixon, 24, and Jason David Shorter of Lanham got into an argument that escalated to a physical fight. Banks's agent, James Gould, said Banks and the club's bouncer tried to break up the fight, an account verified by security camera footage obtained during the police investigation.

The bouncer managed to get between Nixon and Shorter, but Shorter opened a folding knife and began swinging wildly, according to Gould. Nixon sustained multiple cuts to the face and body, required surgery and is in intensive care at a different D.C. area hospital than Banks.

The 5-foot-7, 151-pound Banks, who just completed his first NFL season out of Kansas State, sustained a slash to the side, which Gould described as "more of a superficial wound." He was taken to the hospital and received stitches. Gould contradicted earlier reports that Banks had been released from the hospital, but said he expected Banks to be released within the next 24 hours.

"He is with his parents right now, and is expected to make a full recovery," Gould said in a phone interview. "He was trying to save his boyhood friend, and is very concerned about him right now. Brandon is very upset."

Gould also released a statement that said: "Brandon was not involved in any wrongdoing and was not implicated in any way. Brandon's immediate concern is for his lifelong friend who is like a brother to him. He would like to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes for him and his lifelong friend."

Shorter is in custody and was initially charged by D.C. police with assault with the intent to kill. But the U.S. Attorney's office will charge him with a lesser charge of assault with a dangerous weapon.

---------- Post added February-12th-2011 at 07:27 PM ----------

Anyone else notice that Banks's twitter is gone? Used to be @bbanks16

Yeah I saw this on my twitter home page, and went directly to look for his page.

My guess is his agent/PR person told him to take it down, at least for the time being.

Best wishes for both parties.

Archived