Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:Report:Chris Samuels will be offensive coordinator at Alabama HS

SWFLSkins

Some good news......

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2011/02/report_chris_samuels_will_be_o.html

Chris Samuels will be an offensive coordinator next fall -- at the high school in Blount, Ala.

"He just said that if he got an opportunity, he'd love to come down [to coach]," Blount Coach Kevin Sigler told al.com. "To have somebody that played on all three levels, it was hard for me to turn down."

First congrats. Second, I hope that he will continue to work with the Skins O-line and in particular Silver Back Williams. I don't see where the article addresses that issue.

He must have serious passion for coaching bc this is a major demotion $alary wise. I wish him the best.

Wasn't he coaching intern? I doubt it would be major demotion salary wise. Plus Chris Samuels has made enough to never have to work again. He can make decisions like this without money being a factor. Good for him!

Wasn't he coaching intern? I doubt it would be major demotion salary wise. Plus Chris Samuels has made enough to never have to work again. He can make decisions like this without money being a factor. Good for him!

I'm pretty sure he was on the payroll in Ashburn last year, but I'm not 100% on that. I picture Chris having been pretty smart with his coin over the last decade. Maybe he doesn't want to stay at the NFL level and just wants to be home in Alabama.

I think Chris has a genuine passion for football and I am happy to see him going home to coach at the high school level.

I saw Chris at a couple HS football games in the area this past year so that goes to show you how much he loved the sports. He would show up alone, a few people would notice him sitting in the stands, he would stay the whole game and then go on his way. Classy guy, always talked to fans of all ages.

Best of luck to you Mr. Samuels!

I think this is a move up for Samuels - It give him a chance to do something he wants to do and take a step away from the Skins and let people see him stand on his own feet (so to speak) I think Chris will always be part of the Redskins family and the intern position gave him experience to move on with .

I wish him all the luck in the world and makes sense with the other announcement about the coaching addition this week . It will be hard to spin this negatively but I am sure someone will have a go .

I think this is a move up for Samuels - It give him a chance to do something he wants to do and take a step away from the Skins and let people see him stand on his own feet (so to speak) I think Chris will always be part of the Redskins family and the intern position gave him experience to move on with .

I wish him all the luck in the world and makes sense with the other announcement about the coaching addition this week . It will be hard to spin this negatively but I am sure someone will have a go .

It's a shame to say you are so right. I hope he comes back to the Skins in the future but if not only an idiot would not wish him the best.

Archived