Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spiegel International: 13 Year Old Norwegian Boy Fends Off Wolves with Creed

SonOfWashington

Sensationalism is an art form that you apparently lack the ability to appreciate.

I understand sensationalism but have we really become so domesticated that seeing a wild animal is the same as almost being killed by a wild animal? Just because he saw a wolf he was in imminent danger of death? Give me a break. This is just ridiculous.

Edit: Also the idea of Creed saving anything makes me want to vomit :ols: Worst band ever

lol, that's like saying DC Talk wasn't Christian because they switched their label to Virgin Records years ago to reach a different audience, one that wouldn't have listened to their music if they had stayed with ForeFront. although DC Talk would openly admit they are Christians, I choose to read between the lines of what Creed is saying. they don't want to be labeled as a "Christian" band but they are Christians.

lol, that's like saying DC Talk wasn't Christian because they switched their label to Virgin Records years ago to reach a different audience, one that wouldn't have listened to their music if they had stayed with ForeFront. although DC Talk would openly admit they are Christians, I choose to read between the lines of what Creed is saying. they don't want to be labeled as a "Christian" band but they are Christians.

Not really. Scott Stapp said "Higher" was inspired by Hindu teachings, not Christian. I don't think they even know what they are. Read the article I linked. If they say they aren't and that they don't believe in salvation only through Jesus, then they are by very definition not Christian. That's just the facts.

Not really. Scott Stapp said "Higher" was inspired by Hindu teachings, not Christian. I don't think they even know what they are. Read the article I linked. If they say they aren't and that they don't believe in salvation only through Jesus, then they are by very definition not Christian. That's just the facts.

I read it, but it's not very convincing. I'm wondering if you just googled creed not a Christian band because I found different link that Scott Stapp says he is a Christian even though the band is not.

http://www.thefish.com/music/interviews/11617886/Stapp%3a-I-Am-a-Christian/

So every song may not be Christian, but many are influenced by his faith. Does that mean that he can only write/sing songs that are Christian? Nope. It means that he has a brain and thinks, and writes songs about what is currently going on his life.

I read it, but it's not very convincing. I'm wondering if you just googled creed not a Christian band because I found different link that Scott Stapp says he is a Christian even though the band is not.

http://www.thefish.com/music/interviews/11617886/Stapp%3a-I-Am-a-Christian/

So every song may not be Christian, but many are influenced by his faith. Does that mean that he can only write/sing songs that are Christian? Nope. It means that he has a brain and thinks, and writes songs about what is currently going on his life.

I'm talking about the band Creed and you are talking about Scott Stapp.

I'm talking about the band Creed and you are talking about Scott Stapp.

lol, yeah I did start down that road didn't I. I just believe that he wants to be more universally accepted, but I also believe the people behind the band aren't letting on how much of an influence their Christianity has on their music. But that is just my interpretation, take it for what it's worth. I wasn't trying to argue with you but it kinda turned into that, my bad. :)

The band that saved the boy wasn't Creed, it was actually Megadeth. I read on another message board that in Norwegian, Creed is the translation for Megadeth. The article makes more sense that way, too.

http://en.rian.ru/strange/20110120/162226182.html

"The song that saved the boy's life was by thrash metal band Megadeth."

So the kid loves heavy metal, yet in the US everyone thinks he loves Creed. That sucks. They lost something in the translation... his dignity.

The band that saved the boy wasn't Creed, it was actually Megadeth. I read on another message board that in Norwegian, Creed is the translation for Megadeth. The article makes more sense that way, too.

http://en.rian.ru/strange/20110120/162226182.html

"The song that saved the boy's life was by thrash metal band Megadeth."

How is this news!! Megadeth has saved me from wolves on several occasions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3QK9E2DMoI

Creed huh? I guess he would've been charged crimes against nature if he used Justine Bieber.

Still this is just as funny and amazing as when it was revealed that Terrorists detained in GITMO had to endure music like "I Love You," from the "Barney and Friends" children's TV show."Born in the USA," Bruce Springsteen."White America," Eminem. Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Lil' Kim,

hmm... sound plausible

True Story: I once was driving home from FYE after having bought Megadeth's Greates Hits album. Needless to say, i had that baby cranking. Next thing i know, my radio blew up. Smoke was coming out of every orifice in the from dash board. I believe it was either Angry Again or Hangar 18. Never got the cd back because it fused with the radio. I wasnt even mad, just disappointed that no one was around to witness the metal 'deth.

Virtually zero history of non rabid/sick wolves attacking humans. They get a bad rap.

They may get a bad rap, I'm not denying that. However, they are wild carnivores and to say they would not attack a potential source of food, especially a child, I think is naive.

When I searched the interwebs, I did turn up this site from the Abundant Wildlife Society of America.

Interesting subject to say the least.

---------- Post added January-26th-2011 at 09:11 AM ----------

man you are just trying to stir stuff up today huh? ;)

No, I just haven't been around much lately. :)

Archived