Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Navy MEPS on Monday (ASVAB and DLAB)

Reic

The Navy called me today and wants to send me to MEPS on Monday to take my ASVAB and then my DLAB on Tuesday. They are offering me a cryptology position that has top secret clearance if I clear the dlab and the physical. Not really what I would be thinking about with a Biology degree, but I took 3 years of French in HS and I like listening to foreign people talk haha..

I am actually scared ****less about this, as Top Secret clearance is no joke, this will be the biggest test of my life (DLAB), the Asvab can suck it.

I won't be taking the physical this week, I need my DLAB scores first. I am a bit worried about the DLAB though, as I have 0 time to prepare myself, CTI wasn't even on my mind when I began talking to the Navy in November.

Meps is Military Entrance Processing Station. Asvab is the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, its basically a highschool level entrance exam (lame). the DLAB is the Defense Language Aptitude Battery exam, its tests your aptitude of learning a foreign language.. I'm not looking forward to that one

Good luck.

Um, what are MEPS ASVAB and DLAB? :ols:

MEPS: Military Entrance Processing Station, basically just a run down of someone to make sure you're good to go in the military

ASVAB: Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, the military SAT to determine what jobs you'd be good for in the military

DLAB: Defense Language Aptitude Battery, how much of a different language do you know?

Good luck Reic, I have to wait till March to find out if I get accepted as a direct commission Ensign into the Intel community

MEPS: Military Entrance Processing Station, basically just a run down of someone to make sure you're good to go in the military

ASVAB: Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, the military SAT to determine what jobs you'd be good for in the military

DLAB: Defense Language Aptitude Battery, how much of a different language do you know?

Good luck Reic, I have to wait till March to find out if I get accepted as a direct commission Ensign into the Intel community

If I make it in in, I figure I will go the officer route eventually. Ranking up in CTI is insanely fast as an enlisted.

Not to be critical, but you're about to be examined to see if you are worth a top secret clearance and your first thought is to talk about it on a public message board? I would ask the mods to delete this thread.

Otherwise, best of luck. From what I know of this you are deserving of trust and responsibility.

Not to be critical, but you're about to be examined to see if you are worth a top secret clearance and your first thought is to talk about it on a public message board? I would ask the mods to delete this thread.

Otherwise, best of luck. From what I know of this you are deserving of trust and responsibility.

Everyone posting in and reading this thread is now liable to "go missing" sometime soon ;)

Yeah, but top secret probably means you are supposed to help keep the secrets you are being exposed to... you know, secret.

How is it any different than telling family and friends? Anyone with knowledge of navy ratings knows the cti rate is top secret clearance, its posted all over the internet, too :)

Maybe I'm wrong... it just seems off.

My real only experience with this stuff was being interviewed as a friend or family member for someone who was being considered for TS clearance...

I guess we'll only know if you get this Reic if at the next ES Tailgate you show up in a tuxedo and instead of asking for a beer you ask for a vodka martini

Maybe I'm wrong... it just seems off.

My real only experience with this stuff was being interviewed as a friend or family member for someone who was being considered for TS clearance...

I guess we'll only know if you get this Reic if at the next ES Tailgate you show up in a tuxedo and instead of asking for a beer you ask for a vodka martini

I might do that, just to mess with your head ;)

The DLAB is a pretty lame test as well. I took it back in 2007 as a pre-requisite for entering Special Forces when I was in the Army. From what I remember, most of the test had to do with trying to differentiate between very close sounding "words" or sentences. The words themselves are not part of a real language, but a made-up one. It's supposed to test your ability to learn another language. There is some info on it on the Internet with some possible ways to help improve your score.

Good luck Reic. I was a crypto when I was in the Army. I took the DLAB and it's a *****. I scored high enough for Spanish and that was it (although I ended up being an analyst and not a Linguist). The DLAB is a made up language and almost had me in tears walking out of that ****.

Burgold, it doesn't matter that Reic posted this thread about wanting to get a TS job. They won't care about that.

Reic, if you want or need to know anymore just hit me up. I know plenty of Intel people that served in the Navy as well as Marines, USCG, Air Force and my favorite... Army

Billy:

I was a linguist in the AF. I didn't find the DLAB that tough, honestly -- look at the bright side, if you become a linguist, you get to spend ALOT of time in beautiful Monterey, CA studying at DLI (Defense Language Institute) .....

I was at DLI twice, and they are the best times of my life!

Archived