Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Compensatory Draft picks if we lose Carlos and Rocky?

joanieloveschachi

Edit: I think they're factored for the last offseason, but now I can't remember. If its for last season, we wouldn't get any probably (Albright, Betts, Collins lost vs. Buchanon, Hicks, Kemoeatu, Galloway and Grossman gained).. And if there is no free agency before the draft, we wouldn't get any.

Its based on compensable FAs lost versus gained and their contracts. I know cut/terminated contracts don't count, only expiring contracts.

Well we already have a 1st,2nd,5th,5th,6th,7th,7th

Trade McNabb get a 4th, Trade Haynesworth get a 4th. That would give us a

1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th ..... 9 picks seems nice to me. Add a compensatory pick in there and we got 10 picks.

Picks depend on the contract they sign and their performance. 3rd for Rogers is possible. I'd guess more like a 5th for Rocky.

I think this is pretty accurate. Definitely a 3rd for LOS and possibly a 4th (Rocky 2nd round pick when we drafted him) or a 5th.

I didn't think compensatory picks went higher than the 4th round.

HM21, I believe they start at round 3 then go down from their. It's according to where they are drafted. Now someone mentioned in this thread that we may not be compensated AT ALL if we are active in FA next season so that could play a roll in what we get for both (LOS and Rocky) if they sign with other clubs.

Well we already have a 1st,2nd,5th,5th,6th,7th,7th

Trade McNabb get a 4th, Trade Haynesworth get a 4th. That would give us a

1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th ..... 9 picks seems nice to me. Add a compensatory pick in there and we got 10 picks.

I don't want to pee in your corn flakes, but 4th round picks and later are unlikely to make the team or the practice squad, unless your team is really, really, bad. The first and second round picks can be expected to be here and except for those positions that have a larger than average learning curve (QB, WR) should be a starter, if not in game 1, then by game 8 worst case. A third round pick might start seeing some playing time in the second half of the season, but we don't have one of those. The other 7 to 10 will probably not see the field this year, or ever, except on the practice squad and during pre-season unless you fnd a good long snapper, kicker or punter in there.

I don't want to pee in your corn flakes, but 4th round picks and later are unlikely to make the team or the practice squad, unless your team is really, really, bad. The first and second round picks can be expected to be here and except for those positions that have a larger than average learning curve (QB, WR) should be a starter, if not in game 1, then by game 8 worst case. A third round pick might start seeing some playing time in the second half of the season, but we don't have one of those. The other 7 to 10 will probably not see the field this year, or ever, except on the practice squad and during pre-season unless you fnd a good long snapper, kicker or punter in there.

Idk bout that with Shanny as HC any pick could be great so the more picks the better....

4th rd Brandon Marshall

4th rd Elvis Dumervill

5th rd Ryan Torrian

5th rd Chris Kuper

7rh rd Peyton Hills

I'd hate to pee in yours but the 2010 draft begs to differ. Here's a list of fourth round picks that are currently on a roster.

2010 Fourth Round

Pick 99 St. Louis- Mardy Gilyard WR

Pick 100 Minnesota- Everson Griffen DE

Pick 101 Tampa Bay- Mike Williams WR (65 catches 1000+ yards 11 TDs)

Pick 102 Houston- Daryl Sharpton LB

Pick 103 Washington- Perry Riley LB

Pick 104 Tennessee- Alterraun Vener CB (3 picks 101 tackles)

Pick 105 Philidelphia- Trevard Lindley CB

Pick 106 Oakland- Bruce Campbell OT

Pick 107 Buffalo- Marcus Easley WR

Pick 108 Oakland- Jacoby Ford WR (18.8 ypcatch 2 recieving TDs, 15.5 ypcarry 2 TDs, 3 KR TD's)

Pick 109 Chicago- Corey Wooten DE

Pick 110 San Diego- Darrel Stuckey S

Pick 111 Seattle- Walter Thurmond CB

Pick 112 NYJ- Joe McKnight RB

Pick 113 New England- Aaron Hernandez TE (500+ yards 6 TDs)

Pick 114 Baltimore- Denis Pitta TE

Pick 115 New York Giants- Phillip Dillard LB

Pick 117 Atlanta- Joe Hawley OG

Pick 118 Houston- Garret Graham TE

Pick 119 Miami- AJ Edds LB

Pick 120 Cincinatti- Geno Atkins DT (3 sacks)

Pick 121 Philadelphia- Keenan Clayton LB

Pick 122 Philadelphia- Mike Kafka QB (Practice Squad)

Pick 124 Carolina- Eric Norwood LB/DE

Pick 125 Philadelphia Clay Harbor TE

Pick 126 Dallas- Akwasi Owusu-Ansha CB

Pick 128 Detroit- Jason Fox OT

Pick 129 Indianapolis- Jacques McClendon OG

Pick 130 Arizona- O'Brien Schofield LB

Pick 131 Cincinatti- Roddrick Muckelroy LB

By my count that is 3 players that aren't currently on the roster of the team that drafted them. A few of them landed on IR and a few of them are legitimate starters and even stars. I would venture to say fourth round picks are not only like to make your team (and at least your PS) but fill the nucleus of a solid roster.

Just curious if anyone know's. If We lose Carlos and Rocky will we get a third for Carlos and a fourth for Rocky? I couldn't find any other post on the specifics

Doubtfull they'd be that high as neither of those players are going to fetch huge contracts. Maybe a 5th or 6th and it depends on who we sign as well and for how much. We'll just have to wait until March 2012 to find out. Why are you asking so early (over a year)? Oh and it also will depend on the next collective bargaining agreement.

Idk bout that with Shanny as HC any pick could be great so the more picks the better....

4th rd Brandon Marshall

4th rd Elvis Dumervill

5th rd Ryan Torrian

5th rd Chris Kuper

7rh rd Peyton Hills

that is true for any other year of the draft except this one. Last year's draft was stacked full of talent, and the word going around scout circles is that there might not be 32 players worthy of a first round grade in this year's draft. The real studs of the draft, the underclassmen who declare, are no where to be found in this year's draft, if they where good enough to make it to the NFL, they went last year as this year the rookies could be subject to a new lower salary structure for draft picks. I bet even some agents are telling kids to go back to school until the CBA gets fixed, unless they are a sure fire 1st round pick.

Even with needs to fill all over the field, I would be tempted to trade 2 or more of the lower picks -5th, 6th or 7th rounders- and get a higher pick(s) back in return. I think 2011 will see the fewest number of later round picks make the final 53 man roster than in previous years.

• 11 months later...
I thought this deserved a bump. I know we signed more free agents then we lost, but considering Carlos made the pro-bowl, is there a chance we end up with a comp pick for him?

It's not about how well they do, it's about the contract they sign. If Carlos signed a huge Haynesworth type deal, we'd get a 3rd. If he signed for a VM+I contract, we'd be lucky to get a 7th.

It's not about how well they do, it's about the contract they sign. If Carlos signed a huge Haynesworth type deal, we'd get a 3rd. If he signed for a VM+I contract, we'd be lucky to get a 7th.

Actually, part of the formula does entail performance apparently. Saw it in another thread.

Archived