Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins beat the two "best" NFC teams this year!

LaRonDontLikeUgly

When were were good; we were very, VERY good, but when we were bad; we were horrid.

We actually won fair and square when we played both teams. We can put it all together next year folks; a healthy Mike Williams....a couple of early round O-linemen....another NT to back up Antonio Bryant.

A back-up RB who can carry the team if he has to, a couple more players from the PS stepping up; what Shanny and co. are doing is working.

HTTR!

And what facts are u looking at? 2009 we're 0-6 vs East.

---------- Post added January-16th-2011 at 06:43 PM ----------

Not sure why we have this thread. Mike already said all Coaches are coming back.

I do agree we can't judge Hasslett until we have the right people in our new 3-4 scheme. Plus the injuries didnt help us either.

We held the Cowboys to a total of 24 points last season. This year we gave up 33 to them in one game

We held the Eagles to a total of 54 points last season. This year we gave up 59 in one game

Does this mean we are not quite as far away from being NFC champs as people think we are? Or that the Packers and Bears finally got their **** together by the end of the season and we just got lucky?

Although we beat both teams who are going to the NFC Championship, we also lost to horrible teams. I don't think we're one player away, but I don't think we have a long ways to go to be a playoff contender. We have to get our QB and plug some holes up on oline and the defense front seven. We need another WR and FS. I don't think we have to plug every single hole to be a playoff contender. Who knows, if Sexy Rexy can protect the ball better with more play time, we might be able to make some noise. I do hope we draft a QB for the future though.

we are talking about the defense...not the offense

alright? the defense held the cowboys to 6 pts in the first game and the eagles to 12. this team despite being horrible in alot of games on defense had their fair share of great games including the packers, bears, cowboys 1st, eagles 1st, vikings

I don't take much satisfaction in it as some of you may as a barometer of anything...every season if you look at the teams in the respective division championships or even in the superbowl, I bet they probably lost a game to a crappy team during the regular season. Below .500 6-10. That is all. Make good moves in the off-season, continue to get better as a team/organization, and take another crack at it next season.

alright? the defense held the cowboys to 6 pts in the first game and the eagles to 12. this team despite being horrible in alot of games on defense had their fair share of great games including the packers, bears, cowboys 1st, eagles 1st, vikings

5 strong defensive games isnt really saying alot, and the cowboys-eagles game can hardly be contributed to a good defensive effort. Dallas was god awful on offense before the coaching transition and we knocked vick out in the first quarter of the eagles game or the score would have been alot different. I do like how we were using Landry in our D before he got hurt and think our defensive stats would look alot better if he was able to continue the season he was having. So Haslett was on the money with exactly how and when to use him and should be credited with that.

Injuries had an impact on us. Not that those teams didnt have injuries too. I think that if we didnt have so many injuries we could have been right in the thick of it with 3 games left to play.

Dude the Packers had more injuries than anybody and they are still right there in it and seem to be getting better every week. The Packers would beat us by 30+ 9 times out of 10 right now.

It takes time to build a defense. This years defense would have struggled, 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, whatever, because they lacked talent.

The Green Bay defense last year was not that great, and improved, and then this year, was very good. It took Dom Capers a couple years to get everything ironed out.

Let's just hope the 'Skins can put it all together a little bit better next year. They should be a middle of the pack defense next year at the least.

Umm... the Green Bay defense was 2nd in yards against last year and we did quite well in takeaways as well (I think our turnover ratio was best in the league). We got burned in the playoffs after we lost 3 of our top 5 CBs (including #2 Al Harris) leaving us to play our 6th and 7th as nickel and dime

Dude the Packers had more injuries than anybody and they are still right there in it and seem to be getting better every week. The Packers would beat us by 30+ 9 times out of 10 right now.

I don't know. It seems like when we switched to Rex and the young guys on D, we played decent. The Packers would most likely win, but I don't think it would be a blow out.

Couple of years ago we beat a team that went to the SB and almost beat the Steelers. Every year we beat teams that end up in the playoffs. Guess we must have a broken record and it is not going anywhere very fast.

Not sure how this is a positive thread...personally... it is quite embarrassing!!!

All it says really is that this franchise continues to be inconsistent. They can somehow find ways to beat playoff bound teams, yet lose to the Rams and Lions every season as well. The fact is, the team is only as good as it's record, a win over the Packers or Bears is nullified if the same team can't beat the lower tier teams as well.

All it says really is that this franchise continues to be inconsistent. They can somehow find ways to beat playoff bound teams, yet lose to the Rams and Lions every season as well. The fact is, the team is only as good as it's record, a win over the Packers or Bears is nullified if the same team can't beat the lower tier teams as well.

Would you trade the Bears and Packers wins for wins over the Rams and Lions?

I don't really see how it matters, when you are a 6-10 team. The Packers I am sure can careless right now that they lost to the Redskins. It's all relative. If we are a 11-5 or better "deep run in the playoffs" team, I don't think we look back at our record really caring who we lost to, besides maybe how it could have got us homefield advantage.

If we were 12-4, I could laugh off a loss to the Lions or Rams as a "slip-up"

---------- Post added January-18th-2011 at 04:59 AM ----------

I don't really see how it matters, when you are a 6-10 team. The Packers I am sure can careless right now that they lost to the Redskins. It's all relative. If we are a 11-5 or better "deep run in the playoffs" team, I don't think we look back at our record really caring who we lost to, besides maybe how it could have got us homefield advantage.

If we were 12-4, I could laugh off a loss to the Lions or Rams as a "slip-up"

Not sure if you noticed, but I mentioned that they have injuries as well. They have more depth than we do, which is obviously a part of being a successful team. My point is that we arent that far away from competing if we fill in some holes and get healthy again.

And 30+ points 9 times out of 10 is a slight exaggeration dont you think?

Does this mean we are not quite as far away from being NFC champs as people think we are? Or that the Packers and Bears finally got their **** together by the end of the season and we just got lucky?

All it means is we beat the them early in the season, before the Redskins - one of the oldest teams in the NFL -started it's usual second half flop. I wouldn't read too much into it.

The Skins are 6-10, through and through. That 2 of those 6 wins were against the championship teams is no consolation.

Now when you look at the fact that we also lost to the Rams and Lions, teams we should have beat. Stop kidding yourself. This team still has a long way to go.

Now when you look at the fact that we also lost to the Rams and Lions, teams we should have beat. Stop kidding yourself. This team still has a long way to go.

Being the optimistic fan that I like to think I am, I will at least feel good about beating two teams who went so deep in the playoffs. It is a reflection of, when we are healthy and when we get a few more players, we will be a formidable opponent.

Archived