Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 WASHINGTON REDSKINS Offensive Depth Chart (as of 1/3/11)

TK

Let me ask a dumb question since I'm not familiar with the working of the league on this matters. Why is there a depth chart for the Redskins since they are out of the playoffs and in the offseason right now? I know it was dated as of 1/3/11. When does IR end for teams not participating in the playoffs? Do all the NFl teams turn in a depth chart every week until the end of the Superbowl? If the IR period is over I would like to see McNabb and Portis back in their starting roles.

If the IR period is over I would like to see McNabb and Portis back in their starting roles.

McNabb is back in his starting role. That was what TK was pointing us towards when he started this thread.

IR comes to an end at the end of the league year which is after the Super Bowl if I recall correctly. As to why there is a depth chart now when its almost 9 months before we actually play a regular season game again - good question. Making the point that McNabb might still have a future in Washington to help drive up some trade value is probably the favourite theory.

McNabb is back in his starting role. That was what TK was pointing us towards when he started this thread.

IR comes to an end at the end of the league year which is after the Super Bowl if I recall correctly. As to why there is a depth chart now when its almost 9 months before we actually play a regular season game again - good question. Making the point that McNabb might still have a future in Washington to help drive up some trade value is probably the favourite theory.

I saw McNabb pencilled as a starter in the first chart. I meant as a permanent starter when we open camp. Thanks for the explanation.

I saw McNabb pencilled as a starter in the first chart. I meant as a permanent starter when we open camp.

Well as I posted earlier in the thread second guessing what Shanny is thinking/going to do is pretty much a waste of time. That said I think all the signs point to McNabb having taken his last snap as a Redskin.

That's great but where is the 2011 depth chart?

We could have seen this one last August. :D

---------- Post added January-15th-2011 at 01:37 PM ----------

The Vikings and Cardinals also received that depth chart in their inbox today.

Exactly man. He's going to be our starter ;) but we are listening to any trade offers as well.

BLC brings up a good point about the roster bonus due McNabb and in all likely hood he won't be here next year BUT I could see a situation where Shanny DOESN'T get the value for McNabb on the open market and decides to bring him back. If that does happen without question we draft QB in the 1st to learn behind 5. Also if a new CBA is not in place come draft day the FO couldn't trade McNabb to anyone for that 3rd everyone thinks we can get for 5. Due to the uncertainty facing the league next year the Skins might be forced to bring McNabb back.

I wonder how different that depth chart will look come week one in 2011?

Hopefully, we'll of addressed the interior of the line by then with 2 or 3 new starters, with much better depth behind; Kelly and Austin playing a much bigger part, with A N Other wide-out, and Roydel nowhere to be seen; Sellers finally put out to pasture and Young making a name for himself at FB; and maybe a completely new starting QB. (There's ZERO way McNabb comes back unless the OC's planning on moving on IMHO.).Who knows if the all-pro TE will still be here, or if his more than capable back-up will finally get the chance his talents command.

As bad as everything looks, it's equally as exciting to think what we could do this off-season.

Hail.

did i miss something? why does it matter that mcnabb is listed as a starter, i get all yr points and everything (drive up trade value, MIGHT be here to groom future QB, might BE the QB) but at this point, isnt this all beyond speculation? I've seen lesser members and posters get pulverized for threads like this, i mean whats the point of this thread, besides you all being mystified by T.K.'s mysterious ways? (no offense t.k. dont hit me.) but hey TK a little light on the matter might go a long way.

A depth chart from the 3rd Jan tells us nothing. I'd rather see Mike's real depth chart after his 2 weeks evaluation. The one he'll have stuffed in his back pocket...

Lets get real here, They are hardly gonna put McNabb anywhere other than top of a public depth chart, imo..

I don't expect to see an 'honest' depth chart this side of August.

Archived