Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gawker: Your Zodiac Sign May Have Changed

China

Correct, Cowboy! Good work. I did some research on this and came to realise that most people in this country follow western Zodiac, which is predicated by the seasons ans not celestial based. This also will explain in more detail....

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978922863

June 27, 2010

Exposé: Zodiac Signs Have NOT Changed!

January 14, 2011 10:15 AM EST

Relax, Westerners

Zodiac signs have not changed, contrary to recent beliefs. At least, it hasn’t for Westerners. Eastern astrology relies on a sidereal zodiac, which has to do with the study of constellations. Since the sun was documented as not aligning with the constellations as it did a million years ago, the eastern zodiac philosophy has changed. Based on this notion, the Minneapolis Star Tribune was accurate in its report of the Zodiac signs changing.

On Sunday, an article was published by the Star Tribune stating, “The ancient Babylonians based zodiac signs on the constellation the sun was 'in' on the day a person was born. During the ensuing millenniums, the moon’s gravitational pull has made the Earth 'wobble' around its axis, creating about a one-month bump in the stars' alignment.” The article goes on to report that “most horoscope readers who consider themselves Pisces are actually Aquarians.” The Star Tribune asserts that along with moving up a month, the zodiac signs have another should include another constellation, Ophiuchus. This is astounding to eastern beliefs but the West should have taken this finding lightly.

512px-Prague_-_Astronomical_Clock_Detail_1.JPG

No, The Zodiac Signs Have Not Changed

For Westerners, as soon as this story was released, people began to fret about how this would affect their future and livelihood. Well, it won’t because the zodiac signs have not changed, if you are following the tropical zodiac. So, if you were a Pisces two weeks ago, then you still are a Pisces. If you were a Cancer five years ago, then you continue to be a Cancer (figuratively speaking, that is). Many people have agreed to stick with their signs regardless of any reports but again, if you live in the West and follow the tropical zodiac, your zodiac sign has not changed! So please, stop worrying.

Oh no! I've gone from being a Leo/Virgo (Aug. 23), to strictly Leo. Dammit, now I have no excuse for being completely crazy. At least when I was on the cusp of the two signs I had a reason seeing as how they are two conflicting signs. Looks like I have some things to think about.

I would have gone from Leo/Cancer to Cancer, pretty close to Gemini. I'm stucking to the cusp, though, dammit! I enjoy choosing which horoscope best suits me :)

Guys....your sign has not changed. Read my last post already! Why the hell do I even bother.....:mad:

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 03:39 PM ----------

They changed from celestial zodiac to something else and didn't tell us!?!?!

I don't have all day to explain what I am talking about....[edit]

Ash, I've been on here for years now and cannot recall you ever saying anything nice to me.

Really... it's absolutely terrific that god made you smarter than everybody. Now, get over yourself.

Edit: Uh, sorry. Here's a short, less frantic explanation.....

None of this astrological "news" is new. Western astrology uses the equinoxes, not the position of the constellations.

I have been studying horoscopes for a very long time. Some of you will remember I started a thread in the stadium saying Zorn is a Taurus and therefore very hard headed and strict. Set in his way 99% of the time. Is a perfectionist and detailed oriented.

Well my wife is a Taurus and she will notice if something in the house has moved 1 mm - this is not a joke she really does notice these things as soon as she walks in the house. But at least I get a nice clean house out of it and some really good cooking so I don't complain much. I leave her alone while she does her stuff and she leaves me alone. :D

Moreover, TK is also a Taurus - as you will notice in how ES is run. Very strictly. :silly:

Now I am a Scorpio. And will sting you if you stir me just enough. :)

Taurus and Scorpio are very strong minded individuals and will butt heads together. TK can vouch for that. ;)

So I am calling hog wash on this new Zodiac crap - it is just that - crap.

Mess with the Bull & you'll get the horns. :)

Archived