Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cam Newton BCS Championship thread

Stadium-Armory

Big Ben was a better passer at Miami of Ohio bro!!!

I laugh at the Ben comparisons. Sure, in the ABILITY TO EXTEND A PLAY and his strength to shake off tacklers. But as a passer? Big Ben was a great college QB, what the hell are people talking about? Also, Ben wasn't exactly playing with Auburn-level talent.

What makes Gabbert different than Newton? They both run spread offenses and will have to adjust to the next level. And Gabbert has a tough time making progressions in an spread offense in college. So why do people he will make the adjustment and Cam wont?

---------- Post added January-10th-2011 at 09:58 PM ----------

Touchdown #2...he made that pass

First off the guy was wide open all he had to do was make a decent pass and it was an easy TD

Gabbert is different from Newton because the guy actually makes progressions in his offense, watching this game tonight Newton has 2 reads so far, throw to the 1st option or run, that will not cut it in the NFL. I've watched a lot of Gabbert and Newton this year and Gabbert is a lot better right now as a passer and while he's not as mobile as Newton he's still very mobile and will be a better fit for our offense. Also drafting Newton requires you tailoring the offense around him, you think Kyle will really do that? This is the same guy who didn't think to highly of Tebow last year

So Cam Newton can throw touchdowns to wide open receivers? That's more indicative of Oregon's weakness than Cam's prowess. I do believe Jamarcus Russell and a host of other QB busts could do the same. Still not impressed.

Im telling you that Brunell with his wet noodle arm, in his wheelchair, could have made that pass!

So Cam Newton can throw touchdowns to wide open receivers? That's more indicative of Oregon's weakness than Cam's prowess. I do believe Jamarcus Russell and a host of other QB busts could do the same. Still not impressed.

Your not going to be impressed if you dont want to be impressed. By the way after watching him all season I know he can play much better and agree that he hasnt done anything special so far. But like I said you cant fill a cup thats already full. By that I mean if you already have your mind made up as to whether you like him or not without seeing him play then your not going to like him when you watch him or anybody for that matter

Rob Rang just said as much on twitter, but Cam's passing alone does not make him an good NFL prospect. It's his ability to extend plays, and stay upright, that compensate for his passing shortcomings. Brought some time on that last TD pass.

That was the guy that couldn't handle the shortarmed TD from Newton that got the personal foul on the kickoff.

First off the guy was wide open all he had to do was make a decent pass and it was an easy TD

Gabbert is different from Newton because the guy actually makes progressions in his offense, watching this game tonight Newton has 2 reads so far, throw to the 1st option or run, that will not cut it in the NFL. I've watched a lot of Gabbert and Newton this year and Gabbert is a lot better right now as a passer and while he's not as mobile as Newton he's still very mobile and will be a better fit for our offense. Also drafting Newton requires you tailoring the offense around him, you think Kyle will really do that? This is the same guy who didn't think to highly of Tebow last year

Your still not answering my question. Why would he have to have a offense tailored around him but Gabbert doesnt? What makes you believe that Gabbert will make the adjustment but Cam wont?

Archived