Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ Bailey @ Safety

Mania

He has been quoted that he is tired of all of the change in Denver and also wants to move to Safety to prolong his career. His contract is coming to an end. Would you be onboard with a 3 year contract to use Bailey as a safety and backup corner in case of injury.

It would instantaneously give us another playmaker in the backfield to help D.Hall. I know he wouldn't be part of the young class of players that we will be hopefully bringing in this free agency period, but he will most definitely upgrade our defense as free safety was a major weekness with only Kareem Moore being the true free safety on our roster and that isn't saying much.

It is an interesting option but it wouldn't be my first pick going into 2011. If we're going to go the converted CB route I think Barnes may be a better option. Without knowing who is available in FA off the top of my head I can't throw a name out but I would prefer an actual safety. We need someone that can tackle back there but getting Landry back should help in that department.

He wasnt happy here the first time. You think he's gonna come back here? Not likely.

His wife wasn't happy because he couldn't keep it in his pants and he was annoyed with the constant change of DC's. He would now be playing for a former coach he seems to have enjoyed playing for. I'm not suggesting we sign him but the situation has changed.

History has shown he is pretty and ready for t.v.

Deon repeats are not needed.

I don't really see the comparison. Deion came in for a pay day and left us high and dry. Bailey honestly seems interested in continuing his career. Again, not suggesting we get him but the arguments against seem somewhat weak.

We're not going to fill every single hole with a 23-year old future-HOFer. Inevitable some of our positions will need stop gap and veteran fillins.

I'd rather draft DL/OL and others to bring about a youth movement in those categories, as compared to signing a vet DL and drafting a corner.

We should re-sign Carlos if we can't do that then sign Nnamdi and Champ to play free Safety..yes he's old but look at Sharper, Dawkins..young good safeties are a hard find...age sometimes isn't a bad thing we can look at London to confirm that.

When did CB divorce his wife?? Because if he didn't then he's NEVER coming back to DC as a redskin.

It might draw up some bad memories for his wife but I doubt he would still really be a problem. Whatever relationship he had going on (I believe it was a reporter?) is most likely over. His mistress may not even live in the area anymore.

4 years ago yes, not another high priced free agent to make one last payday at the expense of the Redskins and draft picks for youth..pass

Price could be an issue but I can't imagine his tag being too high at this point in his career. Draft picks aren't an issue because he is a FA. If anything it saves picks that we can't afford to be spending on DB's with our needs at OL/DL/QB/WR/LB.

What about Landry and Landry (Signing Dawan from the Ravens)

They're both the same type of player.

maybe 2-3 years ago would have been better ... but I think he's well past his prime ... reminds me of SSprings, great CB but couldn;t stay healthy. Not syaing champ can't stay healthy, but at his age its more likely it's a short term investment ... and we need someone who can build chemistry with our other defensive players imo. Vet min plus incentives I'd say sure though.

Archived