Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ann Coulter: MSNBC Host is Retarded

Boss_Hogg

Frankly, while I'll admit that it's certainly conceivable that a person can attend, and graduate, law school, without necessarily having above-average intelligence...

Oh, absolutely they can. There are some real dumby lawyers out there. Just like any other profession, some sneak through.

But no one grades on to Michigan Law Review and graduates Order of the Coif (top ten percent of the class) unless they are smart as heck. That is why I laugh out loud whenever a conservative tries to assert that Barack Obama isn't intelligent either. No one becomes Editor in Chief of Harvard Law Review and graduates Magna Cum Laude unless they are smart as heck. It just is not possible.

Oh, absolutely they can. There are some real dumby lawyers out there. Just like any other profession, some sneak through.

But no one grades on to Michigan Law Review and graduates Order of the Coif (top ten percent of the class) unless they are smart as heck. That is why I laugh out loud whenever a conservative tries to assert that Barack Obama isn't intelligent either. No one becomes Editor in Chief of Harvard Law Review and graduates Magna Cum Laude unless they are smart as heck. It just is not possible.

Recall years ago, some folks were pointing at (some politician), claiming that the guy (I assume a Democrat) "hated America" and "wanted to see us fail". And I was observing that the person in question had, I believe, graduated #1 in his class from (West Point? Annapolis?). I asserted that very few people do that who hate America.

No, actually, my point is that you're completely overmatched in this debate.

I wasn't debating, I was asking for a single example of her brilliance.

You're attempting to prove that Tom Hanks is an idiot by quoting things he said or did in Forrest Gump.

So now you are claiming Ann Coulter is a thespian? Does Fox News know about this?.

Frankly, while I'll admit that it's certainly conceivable that a person can attend, and graduate, law school, without necessarily having above-average intelligence, I'd also say that that fact, in and of itself, certainly makes it extremely unlikely that said person is an idiot. It's certainly a tough fact to overcome for the "idiot" asserter.

Ever hear of Samuel Sewall? A harvard educated lawyer, finished first in his class, burried of Tremont street in down town boston in one of the most prestigious cemetaries in the entire country. Samuel was so respected among his peers that he was elected judge. Squire Sewall presided over a case in Salem Mass in 1700 were he executed 19 innocent people for witchcraft and arrested and convicted about 150 more. Basically ran amuck in the governors absense and order was not restored until the governor who was off fighting indians returned. When informed of what Samuel had been up too the governor responded, "YOU DID WHAT?" Then Mr. Sewall appologized two years after the fact for his bad behavior and had himself publically and physically punished ...

History is full of ivy league educated idiots, even folks who finished high in their class. Why? Because their are different types of intelligence and really only one kind of idiot. Judgement for example is not tested in school, not Harvard, not U. Michigan.

Education is not a hard thing to overcome for asserting idiocy; not when the public record is condemning, verbose and more current.

Not that I am saying Anne is an idiot anymore. Predicto has provided his "evidence" and I have accepted it.

JMS: I've never heard her say a thing that I thought was polite and intelligent, therefore she's an idiot.

Predicto: She graduated Law School, while receiving several honors.

Larry placing words in your opponents mouth is a dishonest way to carry on a discussion. For the record, I didn't pin my conviction on the fact I had never heard her say a polite utterance. I pinned it on whether Predicto with the vast resources of google at his finger tips could identify a supportive utterance from Ms Coulters pie hole in the last decade; then I would conseed the point.... Which is a exceedingly low bar to set, me thinks.

then, IMO, Predicto's ahead on points.

Not style points. :) I've worked latin, greek, obscure history, insects, deamonology and even several genus of fish into this discussion. I'm well ahead on style points.

I keep hearing that buzz in my ear but so far I have not seen the single quote I have requested which demonstrates that assertion. I think it's disinformation personally.
I dunno what you're looking for, E=MC2? Even when she's not doing shtick I doubt you agree with her opinions, so you won't find them brilliant. And nobody quotes her when she's not doing shtick, its not interesting.

I do not know the woman personally. I knew her brother quite well, and met her dad, both of them pretty smart people. Actually met Ann also, but only briefly and she was just my friend's sister (and, then as now, not someone I found attractive) so I barely noticed her. But her brother was a smart guy, and he talked about his sis like she had much more on the ball than he did.

Since then, judging by (ohgoddontmakemedothis) her accomplishments, she is indeed a smart person. You can pooh pooh some of them if you like, but (pleasegodmakeitSTOP) the body of her work suggests a highly successful and intelligent woman.

LOL. You make me even happier that I never once tried to "hit it." Not that it was hittable, as far as I could tell. Even in Law School, she was aiming higher. She was working at the time to get her claws into a guy named Dinesh D'Sousa, who she hoped would advance her career in conservative thinktanks. She succeded in that, by the way.

Once, under the influence of alcohol, she asserted that the best targets for her career advancement were the nerdiest non-WASP conservatives, who had no natural defense to her tall, thin blondeness (that being something that they otherwise never encountered in their lives but desperately wanted).

she sounds like a sociopath

course, Ann Coulter proves that being smart is not as good as it's cracked up to be

Any news yet on this from the Palin camp? Maybe one of her fans can post a question on her facebook page asking why she hasn't responded.

Yeah, it really would be very shallow if it appeared that she uses her kid's disability for political gain.

Her silence is telling. As is the silence of her supporters.

~Bang

I dunno what you're looking for, E=MC2? Even when she's not doing shtick I doubt you agree with her opinions, so you won't find them brilliant. And nobody quotes her when she's not doing shtick, its not interesting.

So what you are saying is that in over a decade of exposure to the woman; you can't site, nor is she known for uttering anything intelligent.... Hmmm that's really a thought to ponder. If we do ponder that thought; where does it lead us? hmmmmmmmm.

I do not know the woman personally. I knew her brother quite well, and met her dad, both of them pretty smart people. Actually met Ann also, but only briefly and she was just my friend's sister (and, then as now, not someone I found attractive) so I barely noticed her. But her brother was a smart guy, and he talked about his sis like she had much more on the ball than he did.

Well I have no punted square calculation to address heredity and intelligence. I don't know why intelligence skips a generation or even is sometimes absent in one siblings but present in another. Too bad Gregor Mendel used pea pods and Thomas Morgan used Drosophelia Melenogaster and not a pair of Colters. We might better understand the phenomina.

Since then, judging by (ohgoddontmakemedothis) her accomplishments, she is indeed a smart person. You can pooh pooh some of them if you like, but (pleasegodmakeitSTOP) the body of her work suggests a highly successful and intelligent woman.

Not if she is a succubus. we already have first hand evidence of this from Predicto. He plied her with alcohol and she confessed to being motivated to sleep with men for political sustainus. Being a succubi definitely could explain what little career success she's had.

---------- Post added January-12th-2011 at 08:24 PM ----------

But no joke - gotta give JMS lotsa extra points for excellent comedic presentation in this thread. :notworthy:

I didn't think anybody was laughing but me. I thought larry was totally taking me seriously.

---------- Post added January-12th-2011 at 08:47 PM ----------

she sounds like a sociopath

Dude, that's very unkind. Suggesting only a sociopath would sleep with poor Dinesh D'Souza for career advancement..

dineshdsouza-full.jpg

course, Ann Coulter proves that being smart is not as good as it's cracked up to be

Now that is funny. Ann Coulter negates any advantage from being considered smart.

Archived