Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ann Coulter: MSNBC Host is Retarded

Boss_Hogg

I asked that when people went to watch An Inconvenient Truth and Farenheiht 911 and believed it was factual

And yet, you don't think outside your party's lines, please don't condemn others for something you yourself are not willing to do.

---------- Post added January-11th-2011 at 09:08 AM ----------

Moore is sadly a very clever propagandist. He mixes enough truth in there to make many buy his exaggerations and lies.

I have NEVER seen a single thing that Moore has produced, and I refuse to because he is just as you say, a propagandist.

I hate hypocrites. You know that. I just thought the "why 'gay' is offensive, but 'retard' isn't" post was comical.

Especially when people identify THEMSELVES as "gay." Heck, saying the "LGBT community" isn't considered at all offensive. You can here that expression used a hundred times a day on NPR.

But I can honestly say I've never heard anyone walk up to me and say, "Hi. I'm a retard." Though I know a few who probably should have. :ols:

really?

you honestly can't understand why a group that uses a word to identify themself is unhappy when someone else uses that word as an insult specifically because the other group uses it to identify themselves?

I am literally laughing here, you guys realize you are just feeding Coulter's ego? Seriously, she is on record as saying, she says things to draw attention, to stir people up. If she were on the radio, you would call her a "Shock Jock". So I imagine Ann Coulter's Agent might be a Redskins fan, he comes to this board, and says to his client. Ann? Keep doing what your doing, they love you over at Extreme skins, in fact there are some on there who like you for more than just your wit.

Ann Coulter is not the kind of public figure that you can call down and expect her to step down. Giving her more time just helps legitimize how she goes about doing things. (Which rarely have I ever agreed with her tactics.) I find it funny though that so many of you hate her so much that you devote your hidden love for her by continuing to make posts about her on message boards just like this. After all if she truly wasn't 'worth it', you'd not be devoting 'worship' (Worship - defined as attributing worth, and I can't logically imagine anyone posting on a topic on any message board they didn't think was 'worthy') to her agenda.

I can imagine Coulter herself perched on her leather sofa at home, reading this on her macbook pro, smiling and saying: "Congratulations, all you guys, can be part of the ES Ann Coulter 'Closeted Fan Club'. Oh some of you may already admit that you love me, but the rest of you, its only a matter of time. Remember, I'm good at what I do":

(LOL)

This post is spot on. Said it better than I did on page 3.

I'm perfectly willing to let people who suffer from that condition tell me how they wish to be addressed, and accomodate their wishes. Just like I'm willing to let African-Americans and Asians and Native Americans and disabled people women and so forth tell me how they wished to be addressed.

It really is no skin off of my nose not to use the word midget anymore, or Oriental, or Colored, or whatever. I can live with it, comfortable that I have not lost too much of my freedoms.

I dunno, I don't think they like to be called 'disabled people women'. I think they just like women, but I'll check with the wife tonight. If I'm not back on tomorrow it's probably not because she really appreciated it

I am literally laughing here, you guys realize you are just feeding Coulter's ego? Seriously, she is on record as saying, she says things to draw attention, to stir people up. If she were on the radio, you would call her a "Shock Jock". So I imagine Ann Coulter's Agent might be a Redskins fan, he comes to this board, and says to his client. Ann? Keep doing what your doing, they love you over at Extreme skins, in fact there are some on there who like you for more than just your wit.

Ann Coulter is not the kind of public figure that you can call down and expect her to step down. Giving her more time just helps legitimize how she goes about doing things. (Which rarely have I ever agreed with her tactics.) I find it funny though that so many of you hate her so much that you devote your hidden love for her by continuing to make posts about her on message boards just like this. After all if she truly wasn't 'worth it', you'd not be devoting 'worship' (Worship - defined as attributing worth, and I can't logically imagine anyone posting on a topic on any message board they didn't think was 'worthy') to her agenda.

I can imagine Coulter herself perched on her leather sofa at home, reading this on her macbook pro, smiling and saying: "Congratulations, all you guys, can be part of the ES Ann Coulter 'Closeted Fan Club'. Oh some of you may already admit that you love me, but the rest of you, its only a matter of time. Remember, I'm good at what I do":

(LOL)

I could care less about Mr. Coulter...

My real question is why has Sarah Palin not condemned Coulter for using the "R" word?

Ann Coulter is very, very intelligent. She is not sincere, and everything she does is calculated, but she is quite smart. Her incendiary baloney has allowed her to sell millions of books to the faithful.

Palin is not even close in being in Coulter's league, intelligence-wise. Coulter understands every public and foreign policy issue, and she throws bombs because she wants to.

Palin understands much less. She appeals to people who "share her values" and who resent elites. Coulter is the definition of an elite.

I've heard people claim that. Here is my reasoning. I've been aware of Anne Coulter for nearly a decade. In that time I have heard her say many mean spirited things, and more than a few stupid things. I have never heard her utter a well reasoned, helpful, or useful statement. Never heard her put forward an idea which contributed to a positive direction to the audience.

That's enough to convince me she is an idiot. Ten year + track record of idiotic behavior. Pallin is also a blunt instrument. The biggest difference between Palin and Coulter for me is Pallin seems a little more personable and smiles more genuinely on occassion. I guess folks who claim Coulter is a genius think those things by Palin are a sign of weakness or something.

Y'all should read the article on her front page right now: http://www.anncoulter.com/

Great example of her work.

---------- Post added January-11th-2011 at 11:57 AM ----------

I've heard people claim that. Here is my reasoning. I've been aware of Anne Coulter for nearly a decade. In that time I have heard her say many mean spirited things, and more than a few stupid things. I have never heard her utter a well reasoned, helpful, or useful statement. Never heard her put forward an idea which contributed to a positive direction to the audience.

That's enough to convince me she is an idiot. Ten year + track record of idiotic behavior. Pallin is also a blunt instrument. The biggest difference between Palin and Coulter for me is Pallin seems a little more personable and smiles more genuinely on occassion. I guess folks who claim Coulter is a genius think those things by Palin are a sign of weakness or something.

No offense, but you rae coming across as totally unwavering and unable to consider someone who knew her's opinion. I bet she'd come across exactly the same way. Maybe you have more in common than you think?

I think what you don't grasp, JMS is that some very intelligent people can be downright stupid. In my opinion, Coulter is an example of this. A clearly smart women who gets so lost in plots and manipulations that she winds up being a destructive force and producing nothing of use. What's frustrating about her is that it is also conscious and premeditated. She works the system and she creates outrage when she could be an agent of positive change. Despite her intelligence, she chooses to be stupid and that ain't smart... but it sure is marketable.

Wow that was a pretty good article, I mean reading it one would get the idea that the Republicans have been on vacation fro the past 20 years. :ols:

Yup. That's a good example of her work. Very well written, presenting historcal facts, and just omitting a few things that someone who wants the full news might happen to not look for, like how R's voted. Advocacy politics, 101.

---------- Post added January-11th-2011 at 12:07 PM ----------

I think what you don't grasp, JMS is that some very intelligent people can be downright stupid. In my opinion, Coulter is an example of this. A clearly smart women who gets so lost in plots and manipulations that she winds up being a destructive force and producing nothing of use. What's frustrating about her is that it is also conscious and premeditated. She works the system and she creates outrage when she could be an agent of positive change. Despite her intelligence, she chooses to be stupid and that ain't smart... but it sure is marketable.

Why are you assuming she wants positive change? Is it safe to assume that someone working for positive change has a harder time getting rich and famous than a shock jock? She sells a lot more books than Washington think tanks, that's for sure.

Why are you assuming she wants positive change? Is it safe to assume that someone working for positive change has a harder time getting rich and famous than a shock jock? She sells a lot more books than Washington think tanks, that's for sure.

Oh, I don't think she wants positive change. That's why in my estimation she's a stupid intelligent person. I think her choices are dumb... or at least ignoble.

She has admitted as much to me, face to face. Her words: "I'm a polemicist, not a journalist. I don't have to play fair."

I agree Bur, there is no discounting Coulter's grasp on politics and the issues, you say she's downright stupid and I guess that can mean that she's stupid in the long term sense of being so manipulative and deceptive in what she does, but I think that when a lot of people (myself included) hear someone called stupid it has to do with their mental capacity. If anyone has ever heard Coulter argue, there is no doubt that she's anything but stupid. She doesn't just throw around bumper sticker slogans and quips, instead what she does is she very smartly spins the reality to attack those who do not share her ideology.

---------- Post added January-11th-2011 at 12:11 PM ----------

She has admitted as much to me, face to face. Her words: "I'm a polemicist, not a journalist. I don't have to play fair."

That pretty much settles it for me.

The part of that which makes me mad is that my guess is that the vast majority of people who listen to her don't understand the distinction.

Oh, I don't think she wants positive change. That's why in my estimation she's a stupid intelligent person. I think her choices are dumb... or at least ignoble.

I think ignoble is a much better choice of words than dumb/stupid. I think she has an incredibly sharp wit, and is unfortunately perfectly built for exactly what she does.

(LOL)

I don't think it's funny that someone is making money off of doing things like bandying about the term 'retarded' as if it's an acceptable way to insult someone. I know exactly what she's doing, but I don't find it amusing. I find it disturbing.

I don't like feeding fires she starts. But when that fire conflates I certainly don't think it's funny. I think it's sad. Even more so in this case because this subject is personal for me, as it is for Sarah Palin.

And if Palin actually had the moxie to stand up to Coulter on this issue people like you might stop laughing, and then disparaging a group of people in order to get one's name in the paper might not be so profitable this time. Sadly Palin has not spoken up yet, so you get to keep on thinking using the word 'retarded' as an insult is hilarious, courtesy of Ann Coulter.

I agree Bur, there is no discounting Coulter's grasp on politics and the issues, you say she's downright stupid and I guess that can mean that she's stupid in the long term sense of being so manipulative and deceptive in what she does, but I think that when a lot of people (myself included) hear someone called stupid it has to do with their mental capacity. If anyone has ever heard Coulter argue, there is no doubt that she's anything but stupid. She doesn't just throw around bumper sticker slogans and quips, instead what she does is she very smartly spins the reality to attack those who do not share her ideology.

---------- Post added January-11th-2011 at 12:11 PM ----------

That pretty much settles it for me.

The part of that which makes me mad is that my guess is that the vast majority of people who listen to her don't understand the distinction.

I think the real shame is that more poeple like her dont admit that distinction.

just curious did you watch them

Yes saw them both. The propaganda film, Inconvenient truth was even mandatory viewing for some students.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3310137/Al-Gores-nine-Inconvenient-Untruths.html

Al Gore's environmental documentary An Inconvenient Truth contains nine key scientific errors, a High Court judge ruled yesterday.

The judge declined to ban the Academy Award-winning film from British schools, but ruled that it can only be shown with guidance notes to prevent political indoctrination.

In the documentary, directed by Davis Guggenheim, the former US vice president and environmental activist calls on people to fight global warming because "humanity is sitting on a ticking time bomb".

But Judge Michael Burton ruled yesterday that errors had arisen "in the context of alarmism and exaggeration" in order to support Mr Gore's thesis on global warming.

Actually, I think the point is this (from Sarah Palin's point of view)

If a prominent liberal like Rahm Emmanuel says someone is "a retard," a full and immediate apology is required, and maybe they should even be fired.

If a prominent conservative like Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter says someone is "a retard," then it doesn't mean anything.

There i fixed it for ya. :D

:no:

@rockfan,

So would Palin condemn Rahm Emmanual if he was Republican?

I think what you don't grasp, JMS is that some very intelligent people can be downright stupid. In my opinion, Coulter is an example of this. A clearly smart women who gets so lost in plots and manipulations that she winds up being a destructive force and producing nothing of use. What's frustrating about her is that it is also conscious and premet ditated. She works the system and she creates outrage when she could be an agent of positive change. Despite her intelligence, she chooses to be stupid and that ain't smart... but it sure is marketable.

I don't think intelligent people come across as total idiots over a decade period of time, and that's really how long Coulters been in the public eye. At least that long....

I think their are different types of intelligence, perhaps Anne has the type of intelligence that allows her to do well in law school and still be a morron. The kind of brain that allows her to memorize and index large ammounts of mateiral; but just not come up with many original thoughts of her own. Maybe coupled with her lazyness and lack of interest in reading other peoples opinions is why she's so vapid?

Seriously though...

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say." --arguing that it would be better if we were all Christian

it's hard to stretch that into the realm of intelligent discourse. Here are some other pearls of wisdom from Ms Coulter, the intellect.

"I don't really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester. ... I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others." --on the murder of Kansas abortion doctor George Tiller, FOX News interview, June 22, 2009

"If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

"I'm more of a man than any liberal."

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's deaths so much." -on 9/11 widows who have been critical of the Bush administration

"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee. That's just a joke, for you in the media."

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"

This chick is what passed for intellectual during the dark ages; Literally. She's more about hate and multiple choice solutions than she is about reason or understanding. Which is really not that dissimilar from Palin; only Palin is nicer about it, smiling occasionally.

Archived