Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Updated CBS Sportsline Mock Draft. Without Andrew Luck

sebestian

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

Personally I think we have to try and trade down, however would you guys be happy with the pick up of J.J. Watt. From the times that I saw him play he looked good and was a high energy guy. I am not sold on him completely though.

We just have to find a way to trade down, and pick up o-line and backers.

I do not know, I am confused in which direction to go.

I think we should trade down and get picks. We have alot of holes to fill and we really can't go wrong with just about anyone at #10. However, saying I want us to trade down is easier said then done. But, if there is a rookie wage scale, more teams may be willing to trade up.

In the history of the NFL draft, there's only been ONE defensive back that went #1 overall and that was over 50 years ago. Now, I know a lot of it is the function of the draft class, but Patrick Peterson would have to be THAT good to take a corner with the #1/#1, particularly when you're as bad as Carolina is. Although, it probably doesn't hurt their chances of being #1 again next year and being in line to get Andrew Luck again.

Every team wants to trade down, there has to be someone who wants to trade up.

We say it every year and it never happens. Not just the skins, but any team.

But if the wage scale comes into play this year, teams will be willing to move up since each pick will be slotted with a certain amount of money. Not like now, where you can draft someone at #10, but they want #1 money and hold out. That won't happen, so now teams may not be so hesitant to move up in the draft.

Panthers already have a good secondary, but maybe they let Marshall go in FA.

I think if we were in position to draft Prince (CB) Nebraska then we could definitely pull off a trade down. With the new CBA rookie contracts are going to be scaled back (as mentioned above) so we could see more trades higher in the draft.

I will be so pissed if DQuan Bowers gets picked by Dallass. Being a Tiger fan (and alum) it would literally be like a kick in the nuts to see him in that awful blue and silver uni. Bittersweet. Don;t know much about this JJ guy either, but we definitely need help on the DL. I am intrigued by him to say the least. I still don't see how we pass up Gabbert or Locker ... unless Shanny sees potential in the 2012 draft regarding QB prospects. HAIL.

I will be so pissed if DQuan Bowers gets picked by Dallass. Being a Tiger fan (and alum) it would literally be like a kick in the nuts to see him in that awful blue and silver uni. Bittersweet. Don;t know much about this JJ guy either, but we definitely need help on the DL. I am intrigued by him to say the least. I still don't see how we pass up Gabbert or Locker ... unless Shanny sees potential in the 2012 draft regarding QB prospects. HAIL.

Trust me, I know your pain, UM fan and had to watch Brandon Graham go to the philthy birds...and then have a season ending injury....it sucked.

Mock drafts don't hold any water with the free agency that will probably occur this year. There should be a ton of FA's out there and teams will fill holes through FA and then fill others through the draft. Skin's included. This years draft is going to be a huge crapshoot and really won't shake out until maybe 2 or 3 weeks before it starts.

i think that we should try to trade down with the pats and take their 32nd pick (because i mean come on guys they're probably going to win the super bowl) and try to get one of their 14 million 2nd round picks that they have. we have waaay to many holes to fill in the draft and from our past track record free agency really isn't the way to completely fill them all.

i think that we should try to trade down with the pats and take their 32nd pick (because i mean come on guys they're probably going to win the super bowl) and try to get one of their 14 million 2nd round picks that they have. we have waaay to many holes to fill in the draft and from our past track record free agency really isn't the way to completely fill them all.

ONE of their 2nd round picks? from 32 to 10 would be a WHOLE lot more than ONE second round pick. Hell... 20 to 10 would be a lot more than one second round pick.

But, if there is a rookie wage scale, more teams may be willing to trade up.

exactly... the scale adds a whole new dimension to the draft and like this writer pointed out, will open up positions like CB to be taken first overall since the price tag won't be outrageous.. the top 5 picks are no longer salary cap death sentences...

Archived