Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vulture held as Mossad spy by Saudi Arabia

SkinInsite

FIRST there was the killer shark that Egypt said Mossad had dropped in its coastal waters to scare off tourists from its Red Sea resorts.

Now Saudi Arabia has "arrested" a vulture on suspicion of spying for the Israeli intelligence agency.

The offending bird, which had apparently been tagged by researchers from Tel Aviv University studying migration patterns, was captured in a rural area of the Saudi kingdom, which is officially still at war with the Jewish state.

The global positioning transmitter and a leg bracelet marked "R65 - Tel Aviv University" were perceived by the Saudis as sophisticated espionage equipment to allow the bird to send intelligence back to Israel. The Saudi newspaper al-Weeam said residents of the area in which the bird was caught called the tracking paraphernalia evidence of a "Zionist plot", although there was no official reaction from the security services to whom it was handed.

Last month, the governor of South Sinai described a series of shark attacks off the Sharm el-Sheik resort as a possible Mossad plot to scare visitors away from Egypt and into Israel.

"What is being said about the Mossad throwing the deadly shark in the sea to hit tourism in Egypt is not out of the question. But it needs time to confirm," said Mohamed Abdel Fadil Shousha, to widespread ridicule in Israel.

The shark, which mauled four Russian tourists and killed an elderly German woman just off the beach of her luxury hotel, has still not been caught. Mossad has also been accused of infecting mosquitos with HIV.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/vulture-held-as-mossad-spy-by-saudi-arabia/story-e6frg6so-1225983216550

:ols: I thought "vulture" was some super spy's code name.

Nah, it's just a big ugly bird eating dead stuff on the side of the road.

"Vulture to base,, vulture to base... there's a dead rabbit out by route 234... it smells delicious. Over"

~Bang

Yes. Because Israeli spies mark "Tel Aviv University" on all their high tech equipment.

Surely you're not dumb enough to fall for that double bluff.

---------- Post added January-6th-2011 at 12:32 PM ----------

Having lived in Saudi Arabia. This does not rank in my top five of stupid things I've witnessed there.

Not even close.

My dad was arrested there (and detained overnight) for industrial espionage for being too close to a petrochemical facility. At the time, he was actually the chief engineer responsible for designing said facility.

At another time the corporate newsletter would be sent to thousands and thousands of workers and sometimes included a quote from the Koran. A zealot saw one of these newsletters in the trash and kicked up a fuss for this terrible slight on Islam. As a result, the expats had a policy of returning every single document to the publisher with the inscription " Thank you for your latest informative issue. Please dispose of in an approved manner".

Surely you're not dumb enough to fall for that double bluff.

---------- Post added January-6th-2011 at 12:32 PM ----------

Not even close.

My dad was arrested there (and detained overnight) for industrial espionage for being too close to a petrochemical facility. At the time, he was actually the chief engineer responsible for designing said facility.

At another time the corporate newsletter would be sent to thousands and thousands of workers and sometimes included a quote from the Koran. A zealot saw one of these newsletters in the trash and kicked up a fuss for this terrible slight on Islam. As a result, the expats had a policy of returning every single document to the publisher with the inscription " Thank you for your latest informative issue. Please dispose of in an approved manner".

Ever see a Saudi strip show? I saw one in the mall and on a city street in traffic. The traffic one. five lane traffic. Cars about 12 across. Packed around this van. Guys hanging out of the windows howling all facing the van. Then I see her. A dark figure clad head to toe in black cloth. slowly lowering and then raising her head scarf to reviel about an extra inch of the cheek on her face. Flabbergasted.

As for your father being arrested. On the compound I lived in one of the other companies had a break in. A few thousand dollars worth of cash was stollen. An aquatance of mine was in charge of the companies finance office. Before he was informed the staff called the police. When the police arrived they arrested the entire staff of the office and then arrested my aquantance too. Figuring it had to be an inside job. They heald of the the above for more than six months. I think my aquantance only got off when he agreed to leave the country. They ultimately convicted him of the crime even though he was out of the country at the time; becuase they said his lax policies contributed to the crime.

I'd say 3 of my top five are just car accidents I saw. You are driving along a highway and see the abandoned cars; and you just scratch your head and say; how in the heck did that happen? Like the car with the guard rail of the highway going in the front window and coming out the back window about 12 feet. It's like holy bjesus; you think they guy would have used the break after impact and before his car got 16-20 feet down the road after impailing the guard rail.

Dumbest thing I heard of in Saudi... A young nurse who i knew was an avid iron man compeditor. She was riding her bike on one of her regular 10 mile conditioning jaunts. Got totally pancaked by this clueless Soudi driver. Compound fracture of her leg. Bone is showing the hole magilla. The police are called; the Saudi is all appologetic. When the police arrive it quickly moves from what was obviously the drivers fault; to why the woman was there and what she was doing. She felt so uncomfortable she ended up jumping up and down on her broken leg to prove to the police it's all good; so she could get out of there without getting arrested. I spoke to the woman two days latter after she had recieved several screws in her leg for the break.

Archived