Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Speculation on Snyder/Shanny & how they, like me, never read Rule #10

1972dodgedart

Apologies if already posted -- this story is provocative but poorly sourced, to say the least:

Washington Redskins: Will Dan Snyder Replace Mike Shanahan with Jon Gruden?

Excerpt: "This is just a quick thought for all of you Redskins fans out there to mull over as you celebrate the New Year, wherever you might be.

ProFootballTalk suggests that Redskins owner Dan Snyder might replace the Shanahans, both older and younger, at some point after the season comes to a merciful close on Sunday afternoon.

Specifically, Mike Florio ends the piece with, “Whether it comes in a week or in a year, it’s looking like the Shanahans-Snyder marriage won’t be lasting very long, after all.” Read more...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/558539-washington-redskins-will-dan-snyder-replace-mike-shanahan-with-jon-gruden

Bleacher Report is almost universally not a site you want to be making threads based off of. It's all amateur content that can be written by any schmuck who wants to pretend to be a sports journalist and, in this particular case, it's just a rehashing of a poorly sourced PFT piece which I'm sure has been discussed here already.

Mike Florio is just a guy that rants about things that never comes to be true. He just throws things out there just like Jason La Canfora did when he was the beat writer for the Skins. Both of them are uncredible IMO. So both of the sources are just something that these guys are throwing against the wall to see what sticks.

Moronic.

Everyone knows a small cardboard box will be our new coach.

Mike Florio does, at least.

Honestly, that guy will write anything. I can't believe NBC has anything to do with this poor excuse of a gossip columnist.

~Bang

Mike Florio is just a guy that rants about things that never comes to be true. He just throws things out there just like Jason La Canfora did when he was the beat writer for the Skins. Both of them are uncredible IMO. So both of the sources are just something that these guys are throwing against the wall to see what sticks.

Yeah, i think those are two guys who, if TK saw them in the street, someone will have to call 911. :ols:

---------- Post added January-4th-2011 at 01:40 PM ----------

Moronic.

Everyone knows a small cardboard box will be our new coach.

Mike Florio does, at least.

Honestly, that guy will write anything. I can't believe NBC has anything to do with this poor excuse of a gossip columnist.

~Bang

yeah, he's like the 'Alex Jones' of sports journalism.

What a joke.

You're a new member, so its alright, but you should know for the future that Bleacherreport isn't a reliable, or even respectable, source.

---------- Post added January-4th-2011 at 12:37 PM ----------

What a joke.

You're a new member, so its alright, but you should know for the future that Bleacherreport isn't a reliable, or even respectable, source.

Same for PFW? I don't really read the pro football press aside from the Post et al.

At most the McNabb thing may have shortened Shanny's leash a tiny bit, and I'm sure Snyder was told that 8-8 was about the most he could hope for anyway. I agree that the story (such as it is) makes no sense, especially with "sure to be fired" guys like Marvin Lewis and Gary Kubiak keeping their jobs.

Archived