Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would Stanford have beat the Skins?

skinsarethebest

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The Carolina Panthers would beat a team made up of Oregon's and Auburns best players. The speed at the pro level completely eclipses anything these college players ever see. That speed alone would overwhelm even the best college players as they have never seen it like at the pro level. The very thought of the a college team competing with a bad pro team is ridiculous.

Exactly. For perspective all you need to do is remember that Trent Williams took a little while to adjust to the speed of the game this past offseason and initially had trouble even getting out of his stance in time to block. Williams may actually be the quickest, most athletic starting offensive lineman in the NFL but he was still completely unprepared coming out of college.

I tell you what though.

The Redskins could definitely win the BCS Championship.

Only if there were a playoff. We're not popular enough to get the votes. We'd have ended up playing Wisconsin.

I hate the BCS, but I guess this should be in another thread.

Just off the of my head...... LaRon Landry was considered maybe the best player in College football while he was at LSU, He's 3 times stronger and 100 times smarter.

Brian Orakpo was unblockable at Texas and now he is smarter, faster, and stronger.

Now that I think about it I could do this for every player on every team.

Redskins 93- Stanford 3

2001 Miami 7...0-16 Lions 66.

I have a buddy who played college ball and he calls EVERY offensive play before the snap based on the body language and formations

London Fletcher would see those screens coming a million miles away, and blast LaMicheal back to 1440.... he'd be picking cotton in no time.

Picking cotton? Cmon man that is totally in appropriate

I have a buddy who played college ball and he calls EVERY offensive play before the snap based on the body language and formations

London Fletcher would see those screens coming a million miles away, and blast LaMicheal back to 1440.... he'd be picking cotton in no time.

No he dosent and URINE idiot. I played college football and I can tell you what formation the offense and defense are in bt there is no way your friend correctly calls every play. He may have called every play correctly during the zorn era considering we only ran 3 plays. Please enlighten me how he can look at a wide reciever and know the route according to the body language?? I guess he knows the redskins audibles as well cause he can clearly hear/see what is being yelled by the or signaled by the QB or coack. Do you realize how stupid you sound? It amazes me how many idiots post on this forum(yes that includes you OP)

No he dosent and URINE idiot. I played college football and I can tell you what formation the offense and defense are in bt there is no way your friend correctly calls every play. He may have called every play correctly during the zorn era considering we only ran 3 plays. Please enlighten me how he can look at a wide reciever and know the route according to the body language?? I guess he knows the redskins audibles as well cause he can clearly hear/see what is being yelled by the or signaled by the QB or coack. Do you realize how stupid you sound? It amazes me how many idiots post on this forum(yes that includes you OP)

The best part about this post is that you appear to have at least partially misinterpreted what he was saying while complaining about "how many idiots post on this forum". You also phrased your thoughts in a slightly less than intelligent manner yourself.

The best part about this post is that you appear to have at least partially misinterpreted what he was saying while complaining about "how many idiots post on this forum". You also phrased your thoughts in a slightly less than intelligent manner yourself.

Please explain what I misinterpreted. From what I understand, he believes he has a friend who can correctly call every play before the snap because he played college football? And that London feltcher would kill lemichael james. I agree, London fletcher would kill Lemichael due to the fact that London has great awarness and reacts quickly. Not because London can tell what play is being called due to body language.

Edit: And please dont get Butt hurt over me saying that half of the forum are complete idiots. Its sad but true. Very few people on this forum know what they are talking about when it comes to college football. Some may think they know, but they have no idea.

Please explain what I misenterpreted. From what I understand, he believes he has a friend who can correctly call every play before the snap because he played college football? And that London feltcher would kill lemichael james. I agree, London fletcher would kill Lemichael due to the fact that London has great awarness and reacts quickly. Not because London can tell what play is being called due to body language.

Taking his post in context it seemed clear to me that his buddy is calling out plays being run by college teams, not plays run by the Skins. Plain old common sense would also dictate that his buddy isn't necessarily calling out specific details of the play that's going to be run, he's simply cluing in on certain players, postures, formations, and tendencies of the team to make an educated guess about the type and direction of the play. If you watch a particular team and coaching staff often enough that is no miraculous feat, particularly at a collegiate level.

Edit: And please dont get Butt hurt over me saying that half of the forum are complete idiots. Its sad but true. Very few people on this forum know what they are talking about when it comes to college football. Some may think they know, but they have no idea.

Trust me, I'm not. I have a rather low opinion of many of the opinions expressed on this forum myself. I simply believe that if you're going to call those people out you need to at least serve as a good example of how people should be conducting themselves. That means putting a little bit of time, effort, care, and research into your posts where necessary.

Taking his post in context it seemed clear to me that his buddy is calling out plays being run by college teams, not plays run by the Skins. Plain old common sense would also dictate that his buddy isn't necessarily calling out specific details of the play that's going to be run, he's simply cluing in on certain players, postures, formations, and tendencies of the team to make an educated guess about the type and direction of the play. If you watch a particular team and coaching staff often enough that is no miraculous feat, particularly at a collegiate level.

Trust me, I'm not. I have a rather low opinion of many of the opinions expressed on this forum myself. I simply believe that if you're going to call those people out you need to at least serve as a good example of how people should be conducting themselves. That means putting a little bit of time, effort, care, and research into your posts where necessary.

I suppose I did take it out of context. Been a long day, still at work. I apologize to the poster I called out. Thank you for clarifying everything for me Apotheosis.

WOW! I can't even believe that 11% would believe that a college team would beat the Redskins. You have to be crazy. Stanford's secondary is not all that great. BTW, who on Stanford would be able to get open vs. our secondary? Luck and that fullback who plays LB are the only players that would be even worth worrying about and they would be outmatched. OK, don't even know why I am explaining this when it is obvious that there would be no chance on God's green earth that Standford would even beat us with John Beck or even if we ran the wildcat every play with Brandon Banks. We are a bad pro team, but we would beat Auburn, Oregon and Ohio State.

Archived