Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Mike Ditka going senile? Did you hear what he said on Sportscenter?

Tom [Giants fan]

He said on Sportscenter that he votes for co-MVP's between Brady and Vick. It was his reasoning that made me call him dumb for the first time since I've been watching him.

He said that Brady has a lot more to work with and that Vick is the reason the Eagles are where they are. He doesn't have a lot to work with and the Eagles wouldn't be a .500 team without him.

That may be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard him say and maybe one of the dumbest this year.

;8079024']He said on Sportscenter that he votes for co-MVP's between Brady and Vick. It was his reasoning that made me call him dumb for the first time since I've been watching him.

He said that Brady has a lot more to work with and that Vick is the reason the Eagles are where they are. He doesn't have a lot to work with and the Eagles wouldn't be a .500 team without him.

That may be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard him say and maybe one of the dumbest this year.

Yeah, that was totally stupid.

There should NOT be Co-MVP's this season. While Vick has been special at parts of this season, he hasn't been anywhere near as consistent as what Brady has been this year. With Vick missing basically 4 games will hurt his cause along with average showings the past couple of weeks. Where as, Brady has been absolutely ridiculous this season, after throwing 10 TDs and 4 INTs in his first 5 games, Brady has thrown 25 TDs and 0 INTs, and has broken the NFL record for most pass attempts without an INT. Throwing for 35 TDs and 4 INTs clearly makes Brady the MVP. Not to mention leading his team to the best record in the NFL while getting rid of his deep threat in Randy Moss early in the season.

I would have agreed that there should have been a Co- MVP between Vick and Brady but his play in the Vikings game is going to hurt his chances and Brady will be the MVP.

Any of you still thinking Vick should be Co-MVP (or worse, MVP!) just haven't been paying attention. Go and check the guy's numbers over the last, say, 5 games. Focus in especially on the turnovers. Then go and compare those numbers (especially the turnover category) to Brady's over the same number of games. Brady's offensive numbers are better. And he hasn't turned the ball over nearly as much. I know the MVP isn't soley about the stats. But this MVP race, at this point, isn't even close. Quite frankly, Brady should get every single first place vote.

---------- Post added January-2nd-2011 at 02:48 PM ----------

There should NOT be Co-MVP's this season. While Vick has been special at parts of this season, he hasn't been anywhere near as consistent as what Brady has been this year. With Vick missing basically 4 games will hurt his cause along with average showings the past couple of weeks. Where as, Brady has been absolutely ridiculous this season, after throwing 10 TDs and 4 INTs in his first 5 games, Brady has thrown 25 TDs and 0 INTs, and has broken the NFL record for most pass attempts without an INT. Throwing for 35 TDs and 4 INTs clearly makes Brady the MVP. Not to mention leading his team to the best record in the NFL while getting rid of his deep threat in Randy Moss early in the season.

Should have scanned down farther in the thread. Thanks for looking up those numbers (I was too lazy). And I'm glad someone else has been paying attention. Can't believe there are so many clueless people that watch football. Again, Brady will, and should, win this MVP going away.

The better, more consistent player? Brady.

The guy who literally fits the title of Most Valuable Player? Vick. That Eagles team isn't even 8-8 without him. He is the Eagles right now. The Pats have a defense playing outstanding as well, so Brady is definitely a huge part of their success, but not the only thing. Vick, again, is the Eagles. They are nothing without him. If he fails, they fail. If he succeeds, they do. I mean, what else does MVP stand for?

If Brady has a bad game, the Pats could still win running the ball and playing great defense. They've shown they could do both of those things.

;8079024']He said on Sportscenter that he votes for co-MVP's between Brady and Vick. It was his reasoning that made me call him dumb for the first time since I've been watching him.

why?? i think its true, the Eagles are below 500 without Vicks play this year, they have a dreadful Defense (at times) and Kolb cannot do the things that Vick can do to extend the play and get the ball down field to his playmakers.......The Pats are the best coached team in football and always the most prepared team.......no one prepares like the Pats staff.....

Brady is playing out of his mind right now. He is the sole MVP, this isn't even close anymore. Maybe Vick wins Offensive Player Of The Year, but definitely not MVP.

ya know,......I agree with that now, but not to take away from Vick.......He was a close second, and was by far more "valuable" to his team......and off player of the year is Rivers!

ya know,......I agree with that now, but not to take away from Vick.......He was a close second, and was by far more "valuable" to his team......and off player of the year is Rivers!

Yeah Rivers is my pick to win the Offensive Player Of The Year, thats why I said maybe, but it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

It's funny seeing people say Vick should at least get some votes, when today on SNF Countdown they were saying Vick may not be starting for the playoffs because of his play.

Sounds pretty valuable to me...

whoever said that should be nominated for the "dumbest person of the year" award.......Vick may not start based on his play? What the heck....and on the very slim chance that happens, Good for them, it will be one-and-done for the Eagles.......well wait : I am calling it right now, GB over The Eagles by 10! even with Vick starting and playing.....GB will get to him and they will put 28 at a minimum on the Eagles at the Vet......

The better, more consistent player? Brady.

The guy who literally fits the title of Most Valuable Player? Vick. That Eagles team isn't even 8-8 without him. He is the Eagles right now. The Pats have a defense playing outstanding as well, so Brady is definitely a huge part of their success, but not the only thing. Vick, again, is the Eagles. They are nothing without him. If he fails, they fail. If he succeeds, they do. I mean, what else does MVP stand for?

If Brady has a bad game, the Pats could still win running the ball and playing great defense. They've shown they could do both of those things.

If you want to talk mvp to his team, then to me the obvious choice is Manning. That team wins, what, maybe 5 games without him. He lost Clark for half the year, lost Collie for extended periods of time, has Garcon, who had the worst catching % of passes thrown his way, a non existent running game and a suspect defense. Yet his team is still 10-6 and won the division.

Having all that being said, My vote goes to Brady. to me the MVP is the player most valuable to the league. And this year, it was Brady.

Anyone saying that Vick is more valuable than Brady...have you looked at the Patriots roster other than Brady? They're TRASH. Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis? Danny Woodhead who couldn't even make the Jets' squad? Julian Edelman? Ben Tate? Two rookie TEs? One of the very lowest ranked defenses in the league?

Desean Jackson, Lesean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin, and Brent Celek are the most dangerous set of weapons that any QB has in the NFL. The Eagles could be good with many different QBs, the Patriots could be good with only 2: Brady or Peyton Manning.

My point of saying Ditka is senile is the fact that he said Vick has no one around him. He said that Brady has a lot more to work with and Vick is basically doing it all. Last time I checked, the Eagles had guys named Maclin, Jackson, Celek, and McCoy. And they are all in their early 20's. Vick has plenty around him. It was a ridiculous statement.

Anyone saying that Vick is more valuable than Brady...have you looked at the Patriots roster other than Brady? They're TRASH. Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis? Danny Woodhead who couldn't even make the Jets' squad? Julian Edelman? Ben Tate? Two rookie TEs? One of the very lowest ranked defenses in the league?

Desean Jackson, Lesean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin, and Brent Celek are the most dangerous set of weapons that any QB has in the NFL. The Eagles could be good with many different QBs, the Patriots could be good with only 2: Brady or Peyton Manning.

Good points. And some will bring up Cassel's play in relief of Brady. For one, Cassel has turned out to be a pretty good QB. Plus Cassel had guys like Randy Moss + a MUCH better defense. The Patriots wouldn't even make the playoffs without Brady. At this point, any talk of Vick winning the MVP is ridiculous. Period.

---------- Post added January-2nd-2011 at 10:40 PM ----------

;8081802']My point of saying Ditka is senile is the fact that he said Vick has no one around him. He said that Brady has a lot more to work with and Vick is basically doing it all. Last time I checked' date=' the Eagles had guys named Maclin, Jackson, Celek, and McCoy. And they are all in their early 20's. Vick has plenty around him. It was a ridiculous statement.[/quote']

That's mainly the part that I thought was stupid, too. I mean, they actually pay this guy to cover the NFL?

Any of you still thinking Vick should be Co-MVP (or worse, MVP!) just haven't been paying attention. Go and check the guy's numbers over the last, say, 5 games. Focus in especially on the turnovers. Then go and compare those numbers (especially the turnover category) to Brady's over the same number of games. Brady's offensive numbers are better. And he hasn't turned the ball over nearly as much. I know the MVP isn't soley about the stats. But this MVP race, at this point, isn't even close. Quite frankly, Brady should get every single first place vote.

---------- Post added January-2nd-2011 at 02:48 PM ----------

Which is why I said Brady will be MVP :rolleyes:

Should have scanned down farther in the thread. Thanks for looking up those numbers (I was too lazy). And I'm glad someone else has been paying attention. Can't believe there are so many clueless people that watch football. Again, Brady will, and should, win this MVP going away.

---------- Post added January-2nd-2011 at 10:48 PM ----------

It's funny seeing people say Vick should at least get some votes, when today on SNF Countdown they were saying Vick may not be starting for the playoffs because of his play.

Sounds pretty valuable to me...

If you believe anything that comes out of the mouths of the so called ESPN know it all(s) then there is no hope for you. Vick will be starting next week when they play the Packers.

Archived