Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: In Your Opinion, Should We Re-sign Carlos, Rocky, both or neither?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I wasn't either.

I think it was the Eagles MNF debacle where a rumor was started that he was benched, however Jason Reid reported in the Redskins Insider that he tweaked his hamstring and the coaches didn't think it was worth it to risk putting him back into a game that we were losing so badly in.

Yesterday's game, he had a calf injury not a hamstring injury.

ok so now hes a 30 year old corner whos had injuries this year that have caused him to miss a decent amount of time, who wants #1 CB money and has hulk hands, and were keeping him why?

theres younger more productive alternatives out there. eric wright, jonathan joseph, chris houston, richard marshall and thats just off the top of my head.

Sign Carlos to a 4 year deal in the range of 20-26 mil. Let Rocky walk. He's much better in a 4-3, and I think he talks way too much **** for the lack of plays he makes.

id rather sign a 25 or 26 year old to that type of deal, or even a little higher, than pay stone hands 26 mil at age 30.

again, hasletts defense is built around turnovers. carlos is maybe the worst turnover creating corner in the NFL (as a starter anyways).

Wouldn't break bank for either. Rocky I say keep because Riley and/or Henson have potential but are young and have no experience in the 3-4.

Rogers I'm torn on. A solid cover corner with bad hands but could be resigned but if he wants big money let him go and find someone else. His quotes are a problem too

I feel like both are most likely going to demand too much money for their value to this team. I think we can upgrade the CB position with Eric Wright or Jonathon Joseph. There are a plethora of free agent LBs available, and I'm sure Haslett could find 1 or 2 more suited for the 3-4 than Rocky and Lorenzo.

We obviously also have huge needs on defense at NT and FS. Our defense is going to command a LOT of attention through free agency this year. Hopefully on offense we can get a decent guard, and focus heavy on offensive line, QB, and WR in the draft. Wow we are truly lacking talent on this roster.

there are some good corners on the market who are younger and a more long term solution. they will probably want money similar to carlos, and ill bet they can catch.

plus IMO carlos has a crappy attitude. cant prove that but just from reading some of the things he says and whats hes said in the past, he doesnt strike me as a team kinda guy. but oh well.

This may be, I haven't seen the lists.

Who's available?

~Bang

Not sure how Rocky can be properly evaluated with the D-line in front of him. 3-4 or 4-3 I don't think Rocky has ever been more than solid, and I think an inside 3-4 or a weak backer can be more easily replaced the a solid CB. I wouldn't go putting a lot of money at into our inside backers without first addressing the line, regardless.

ok so now hes a 30 year old corner whos had injuries this year that have caused him to miss a decent amount of time, who wants #1 CB money and has hulk hands, and were keeping him why?

theres younger more productive alternatives out there. eric wright, jonathan joseph, chris houston, richard marshall and thats just off the top of my head.

Go read the OP. I said if either wants top-of-their-position money then they can walk. Speaking of injuries, Eric Wright was placed on IR with a leg injury and Jonathan Joseph has been deactivated in multiple games with an ankle injury.

On the age issue, CB is a position that tends to yield some of the longest careers in football. And he's 29 not 30, and almost every corner you mentioned is within 2-3 years of Carlos. Not to mention, he's already here and knows the system.

As another poster mentioned, we're not in a position to replace parts that are already serviceable, and Carlos fits that description.

Bottom line: If he isn't demanding a big payday, we keep him because he's a pretty good corner all things considered.

Go read the OP. I said if either wants top-of-their-position money then they can walk. Speaking of injuries, Eric Wright was placed on IR with a leg injury and Jonathan Joseph has been deactivated in multiple games with an ankle injury.

On the age issue, CB is a position that tends to yield some of the longest careers in football. And he's 29 not 30, and almost every corner you mentioned is within 2-3 years of Carlos. Not to mention, he's already here and knows the system.

As another poster mentioned, we're not in a position to replace parts that are already serviceable, and Carlos fits that description.

Bottom line: If he isn't demanding a big payday, we keep him because he's a pretty good corner all things considered.

i know that, im just saying as far as carlos is concerned, we all know the history of him asking for big money. i remember him being pretty ticked that we gave hall that big extension.

and as far as injury goes, im not worried about that for guys that are 25/26. rogers will be 30 on opening day next season, and a 3-4 year age difference for an NFL player is massive.

im not concerned about knowing the system either. i trust a new player can come in and learn that.

In my opinion you keep both. We have more holes than draft picks so we have to plug some of them up. Carlos is the higher priority but I think Rocky has gotten better in the 3-4. Fletcher isn't going to play forever so I'd rather only work on replacing one ILB spot than both. The exceptions are obviously if there is a better value for a natural 3-4 ILB or if he asks for top tier money.

Archived