Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Houston store owner kills 3 would-be robbers

frostyj

LINK

HOUSTON — A jewelry store owner shot and killed three armed men who tried to rob his business, police said.

Two men were in an east Houston jewelry store Thursday afternoon pretending to be customers when a third man burst into the store and stated, "This is a robbery," Houston police spokesman Kese Smith said.

All three men then pulled out pistols, tied up the store owner's wife and took her to a back room, Smith said.

As they were trying to tie up the store owner, the 52-year-old took out a handgun from his waistband and fatally shot one of the suspects, Smith said. The store owner then grabbed a shotgun and shot and killed the two other suspects in the ensuring gunbattle, Smith said.

The Houston Chronicle identified the store owner and his wife as Ramon and Eva Castillo, 48.

The newspaper said Castillo was in critical but stable condition at hospital after suffering gunshot wounds to his left shoulder, left abdomen and legs.

According to the Chronicle, Castillo apparently initially didn't realize he'd been shot until after he untied his wife.

Full article at link.

I think he was stupid and foolish to fight back, clearly he and his wife could have been killed in his heroic attempt. :silly:

[

I think he was stupid and foolish to fight back, clearly he and his wife could have been killed in his heroic attempt. :silly:

yeah they could have easily just killed him and his wife as well. It is a personal choice to either fight back or not to. I dont think you can call the man silly, stupid, or foolish for his actions.

yeah they could have easily just killed him and his wife as well. It is a personal choice to either fight back or not to. I dont think you can call the man silly, stupid, or foolish for his actions.

Just a little jab at reactions from the FL gunman thread.

From the comments section:

Sing along! "On the third day of Christmas, my shotgun gave to meeee...three losers learnin'..."

LOL I love this area

another from the comments

Well done! Saved the taxpayers and the courts time and money. If Mr. Castillo had only wounded these ****s, they would probably try to sue him for assault with bodily harm or some b.s. like that, since our judicial system allows the criminals more rights than the victims, in many cases. I wish a speedy recovery to this brave man, who was defending his wife and his business. God bless you. Three less pieces of worthless crap roaming around society. . .praise the Lord!

Note to Purse lady in Fla. This is how you fight a gun battle.

~Bang

We get it, you think she is an idiot.

All parties in that case could have acted better. With training the genleman would have known not to rile up the gunman, the woman would have just gotten the hell out, and all the guys would have attacked him the second he turned his back.

The reality is, however, all parties did all they could in a situation they probably never imagined they would be in.

Was what she did stupid? Yes. However, it is a bit harsh and premature to call someone out for actions in duress until you are in that situation.

End of my rant

As for this story, good for the storeowner

Nice to see the good guy won. And I kind of agree with what twa was saying, it's probably better that these violent criminals were killed rather than aprehended. I see no reason why people like that need to be alive.

This is great. Give him a medal :)

thatswhatshesaid!!!

and then I woke up :(

I'm glad Mr. Castillo was able to stop the robbery, save his wife, and perhaps save his own life. I also want to see people who commit crimes get sent to jail or executed for capital crimes (yes, I support the death penalty). That said, I think it's pretty sad when people proclaim their joy when another human being is killed. Even when killing another human is necessary and justified, it's not something to celebrate. I would think most mature adults would agree.

We get it, you think she is an idiot.

All parties in that case could have acted better. With training the genleman would have known not to rile up the gunman, the woman would have just gotten the hell out, and all the guys would have attacked him the second he turned his back.

The reality is, however, all parties did all they could in a situation they probably never imagined they would be in.

Was what she did stupid? Yes. However, it is a bit harsh and premature to call someone out for actions in duress until you are in that situation.

End of my rant

As for this story, good for the storeowner

I've had guns to my head. Twice, in fact. (I used to not be such a nice guy,, ran with some nasty people) The last thing I wanted anyone to do in those situations was piss off the guy with the gun.

The LAST thing. So when i say that I would personally have punched that woman in the mouth for doing that, it's not just me supposing what it's like to be held at gunpoint by someone who doesn't seem to be sane.

Anyway, good for the store owner.

~Bang

That said, I think it's pretty sad when people proclaim their joy when another human being is killed. Even when killing another human is necessary and justified, it's not something to celebrate. I would think most mature adults would agree.

I disagree,most times it is a matter of improving the gene pool

I would celebrate them turning away from their inhumanity as well

you want to be treated as a human?...act like one

I disagree,most times it is a matter of improving the gene pool

I would celebrate them turning away from their inhumanity as well

you want to be treated as a human?...act like one

I leave the celebrations of death to nutjobs, like those who celebrated the death of American contractors in Iraq. The killings here were clearly justified, but that doesn't make them a cause for celebration.

I'm glad Mr. Castillo was able to stop the robbery, save his wife, and perhaps save his own life. I also want to see people who commit crimes get sent to jail or executed for capital crimes (yes, I support the death penalty). That said, I think it's pretty sad when people proclaim their joy when another human being is killed. Even when killing another human is necessary and justified, it's not something to celebrate. I would think most mature adults would agree.

Great post.

People can change, though I have seen many cases where they refuse to do that.

I've had guns to my head. Twice, in fact. (I used to not be such a nice guy,, ran with some nasty people) The last thing I wanted anyone to do in those situations was piss off the guy with the gun.

The LAST thing. So when i say that I would personally have punched that woman in the mouth for doing that, it's not just me supposing what it's like to be held at gunpoint by someone who doesn't seem to be sane.

Anyway, good for the store owner.

~Bang

Fair enough. In the same veign the gentleman in the video was a bit wrong for not trying to calm the guy down and not rile him up, but it is all moot.

Sorry if my point come off as attacking you. Never meant for it to be directed at one person, but instead as a general comment.

Cheers,

-Adam

You support the death penalty, but say we can't celebrate scumbags being shot doing something illegal and traumatizing other human beings? It's nice to go through the legal system, but as we all know, sometimes the legal system fails us. The taxpayers in Texas just saved millions going through a trial and death penalty appeals.

I leave the celebrations of death to nutjobs, like those who celebrated the death of American contractors in Iraq. The killings here were clearly justified, but that doesn't make them a cause for celebration.

I don't know the story of the American contractors in Iraq that you speak of. What is the comparison of 3 street punks?

You support the death penalty, but say we can't celebrate scumbags being shot doing something illegal and traumatizing other human beings? It's nice to go through the legal system, but as we all know, sometimes the legal system fails us. The taxpayers in Texas just saved millions going through a trial and death penalty appeals.

I don't know the story of the American contractors in Iraq that you speak of. What is the comparison of 3 street punks?

They would have gotten the death penalty for tying the owners up and robbing them?

Maybe I missed part of the story, but since when is armed robbery a crime that is punishable by murer?

Archived