Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Trade Value for McNabb...

HRNY4ZRNY

Am I the only one that think we need to draft a 3-4 defensive lineman for the 31st ranked defense in the league? lol This is ridiculous. We need a NT or a DE like Marcell Dareus. We can get a QB like Ricky Stanzi in the 4th round.and receivers like Matt Szczur and Greg Little in the late rounds. The early rounds should be exclusive to lineman on both sides of the ball and LBs.

He's 34 and will be 35 a bit past midseason and coming off a pretty bad year. Career high INTs, sub 59% completion percentage and his lowest TD total since his rookie year. What I see happening is no one will trade for him prior to the 2011 draft. Teams will look to draft either Luck, Mallet, Newton, Locker or Devlin in either round 1 or 2. Then sometime during after the draft, who ever misses out on a QB will throw a 2012 4th rounder at the Skins.

At this point in his career, there's just no point in bringing in McNabb unless he's the final piece to winning a super bowl. And the QB hungry teams, Minnesota, Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina, Tennessee aren't a QB away.

He's 34 and will be 35 a bit past midseason and coming off a pretty bad year. Career high INTs, sub 59% completion percentage and his lowest TD total since his rookie year. What I see happening is no one will trade for him prior to the 2011 draft. Teams will look to draft either Luck, Mallet, Newton, Locker or Devlin in either round 1 or 2. Then sometime during after the draft, who ever misses out on a QB will throw a 2012 4th rounder at the Skins.

At this point in his career, there's just no point in bringing in McNabb unless he's the final piece to winning a super bowl. And the QB hungry teams, Minnesota, Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina, Tennessee aren't a QB away.

Fair assessment.

Maybe the Cards would pull the trigger considering they had basically the same team a couple of years back that made it to the SB when Warner was QB.

Am I the only one that think we need to draft a 3-4 defensive lineman for the 31st ranked defense in the league? lol This is ridiculous. We need a NT or a DE like Marcell Dareus. We can get a QB like Ricky Stanzi in the 4th round.and receivers like Matt Szczur and Greg Little in the late rounds. The early rounds should be exclusive to lineman on both sides of the ball and LBs.

No. The early rounds should devoted to the best player available....regardless of position. And if that player just happens to be a WR or QB then so be it.

Our best best for a pick would be from the Vikings, who should finish the season with more wins than both the Cards and 49ers. Thus they will be behind both teams in the waiver wire order, and if they determine they want him, should be forced into giving up a pick to prevent him hitting the open market where they would be in line to acquire him.

The Vikes are also the closest of those teams to be a SB contender, and their window is rapidly closing with the age of their defense.

No. The early rounds should devoted to the best player available....regardless of position. And if that player just happens to be a WR or QB then so be it.

BINGO! This is the perfect point, in the 1st round you take the BPA look at the best teams in football they take the BPA in the 1st round traditionally unless there is one area where they really need a player. Last year if we didn't need an LT, then our pick was going to be Eric Berry, what you need to do in the 1st round is make a great pick and the best way to do it is from the BPA on your draft board

History suggests we havent been good at BPA in any round. Orakpo fell to us and we gambled in standing him up, hes still a work in progress. Landry was a miss (AP) cause #21 made him look good

---------- Post added December-20th-2010 at 01:52 AM ----------

BINGO! This is the perfect point, in the 1st round you take the BPA look at the best teams in football they take the BPA in the 1st round traditionally unless there is one area where they really need a player. Last year if we didn't need an LT, then our pick was going to be Eric Berry, what you need to do in the 1st round is make a great pick and the best way to do it is from the BPA on your draft board

the best teams are drafting late and can fill a FRA loss and have less "NEEDS" as the top. Buffalo really hit it w/ Spiller (alot of people on this board wanted him)

---------- Post added December-20th-2010 at 01:58 AM ----------

bundle haynesworth and mcnabb together IMO

WOW, read some of my other posts in different threads..... TO MINNY. McNabb is a 1-2 yr mentor to Webb (or draft pick) and AH replaces Pat Williams. AH/KW/JA would be a sick front 3. Heck give them Carter and/or Dockery if they want them. Get Hutchinson and a 2nd or 3rd. He would be a stop gap as hes a stud but older. Dont give me hes too heavy for our scheme.....hes athletic enough to pull and get to all levels.

Yep..it looks like we will just cut our losses and release McNabb out in the wild..

It's just like with Haynesworth or anybody else. When other teams know you want to dump a player, they will wait it out until the team takes the dump.

I'll be surprised if the Skins end up getting anything for either McNabb or Haynesworth. Your advice to cut your losses is really the only thing the Skins can do at this point.

Here's my strategy:

Lose the final two games to secure a low draft pick:

You essentially give McNabb to the Cardinals. Since they pick ahead of us that keeps them from taking Andrew Luck.

Hope and pray Carolina stays away from Luck since they just drafted Jimmy Clausen.

Draft Andrew Luck and rebuild.

Haynesworth and McNabb to the Vikings for a 3rd. Make it happen Shanny.

Most likely it will be more like Redskins cut Haynesworth & McNabb... Both get picked up before the ink is even dry on our release papers. No one will trade anything for either of them at this point, they know we want them gone.

Can someone explain to me that if there are at least 2 teams, ARI/MINN, that are a QB away from the NFC Championship game and Super Bowl like theses two teams were, how is there no value?

It's not like either can sit back and say, the Skins have no leverage. Both can draft a QB, but undoubtedly (IMO), McNbb gives them the onlychance for a real run in the next 2-3 years.Eith this said, I think a 3rd is all but guaranteed. The only caveat for me is the CBA hindering movement prior to draft.

I've been thinking about this and have hopes that the 49ers and Skins will match up in a deal for both Haynesworth and McNabb. In their division, the Niners are only a QB away. They have a good running game, great TE and some good young receivers. The piece they are missing is QB. Alex Smith (2011 free agent) is done there and McNabb could look good to them.

Assuming Singletary stays, which is a huge assumption, he should be able to get Albert to play in his 4-3 defense. Sending two former pro bowlers to Singletary may be something that excites him.

The question now becomes, what would we want in return?

In exchange for Albert we're probably talking a 3rd or 4th round pick.

For McNabb I think maybe a 4th or 5th round pick this year and possibly a 5th round pick in 2012. Hopefully Bruce Allen could get more but I'm trying to be realistic.

I think Singletary and the 49ers would do this deal.

D-Mac and Fat Albert for a 3rd and 4th round pick in 2011 plus a 5th round pick in 2012........

Hey, it would beat releasing them.

The other team who could possibly jump in for D-Mac would be Miami......another team who really needs an established QB.

Merry Christmas

I think we have the 7th pick right now in the draft...

We need Buffalo, Detroit and the Cardinals to win a game or more so we can get the 4th pick in the draft. Dont think we will get Andrew Luck...

Question is... are there any other QB's worth taking that high. The McNabb, Haynesworth compensation can help us go OL,DL so we can go QB with or top 5 pick.

Can someone explain to me that if there are at least 2 teams, ARI/MINN, that are a QB away from the NFC Championship game and Super Bowl like theses two teams were, how is there no value?

It's not like either can sit back and say, the Skins have no leverage. Both can draft a QB, but undoubtedly (IMO), McNbb gives them the onlychance for a real run in the next 2-3 years.Eith this said, I think a 3rd is all but guaranteed. The only caveat for me is the CBA hindering movement prior to draft.

In less than one year, both Andy Reid and Mike Shanahan have tossed McNabb to the scrap heap. Teams willing to give him a shot will not invest much in him. McNabb is basically a used appliance you sell at a yard sale. People who shop at yard sales want something for nothing.

If anything, Shanny just showed how worthless Mccnab really is by having Grossman come in and outplay Mccnab in his first game. I don't see anyone giving up much more then at best 5th for him.. just not to risk him hitting waivers if they want him. Our best bet is for one of the WCO playoff teams to have an QB injury this year and trade for mccnab.

We could possibly get a 4th for Heinsworth..but the guy is a cancer and i doubt too many teams will want to give up picks for him.

If anything, Shanny just showed how worthless Mccnab really is by having Grossman come in and outplay Mccnab in his first game. I don't see anyone giving up much more then at best 5th for him.. just not to risk him hitting waivers if they want him. Our best bet is for one of the WCO playoff teams to have an QB injury this year and trade for mccnab.

We could possibly get a 4th for Heinsworth..but the guy is a cancer and i doubt too many teams will want to give up picks for him.

A 4th and a 5th would be fine by me.

That would leave us with this:

1st

2nd

4th

5th

5th

5th

6th

7th

7th

Trade a 4th and 1 5th for a 3rd. And then we could draft these positions.

1st- QB

2nd- G or C

3rd- G or C

5th- DE

5th- DE

6th- BPA

7th- BPA

7th- BPA

Go after Deangelo Williams in Free Agency and let Rex start off the year. He'd be in year 3 of the offense. Sounds good to me...

Gotta get something for McNabb.

Archived