Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Trade Value for McNabb...

HRNY4ZRNY

This is why we suck.

Yeah, Hutch has sucked his whole career, 33 yrs old, so hes got 3-4 yrs left. Has paved the way for multiple Viking backs. AH and #5 are sooooo valuable to us. I love posters who just bash others opinions, but have no arguement or opinion themselves. Most on here b!tchin our interior OL sucks (and it does) so why not ship 2 USELESS players for us to a team that could use them for one of the BEST OG's ever or more draft picks???? ***I THINK YOU SUCK***. Leslie Frazier WILL be the next Viking coach, they wont let him walk and rebuild EVERYTHING. Vikes need a QB and ARENT rebuilding and Pat Williams is done and would LOVE to put AH next to K.Williams

Or Trade Haynesworth for a pick and Cooley for a pick and continue to rebuild up the team. As much as I love Cooley you have to let go of guys at times.

YES!

Since our team won't be good for a while, it's best to part ways with players who are in their peak now but won't be once we finally have the pieces around them to compete.

Let's collect draft picks and get younger.

YES!

Since our team won't be good for a while, it's best to part ways with players who are in their peak now but won't be once we finally have the pieces around them to compete.

Let's collect draft picks and get younger.

It sounds good UNTILL you whiff on those draft picks and weve had 2 decades of BAD picks/decisions in draftees/free agents and new coaches. A simple philosophy is that your only as good as your weakest link......Unfortunately thats our owner

It sounds good UNTILL you whiff on those draft picks and weve had 2 decades of BAD picks/decisions in draftees/free agents and new coaches. A simple philosophy is that your only as good as your weakest link......Unfortunately thats our owner

Then signing high priced FA aren't going to make the difference, either.

Our best chance is through the draft.

Once again, WE NEED MORE SCOUTS.

i dont mean this as a slap in the face to any posters, but we need to examine this a little:

a) why would we prefer to trade mcnabb instead of keep him? b/c he hasnt had a good year, has looked injured at times, and just generally looks old

so, logically speaking...

B) why would other teams prefer to trade other players instead of keeping them?

ladies and gentlemen, the missing link in the Cerrato/Snyder thought process: VERY, VERY, VERY few players ever hit the trade block or FA without significant flaws. the smart teams trick the stupid ones into scooping them up. that is just how it works, and the Redskins have pretty much been the stupid team 100% of the time over the past 2 decades.

that pro bowl DE is on the FA market? SIGN HIM - HE IS A PRO BOWL DE. WHO CARES WHY HIS TEAM LET HIM GO!?

a reasonable team like the Falcons might trade a 3rd or early 4th for Cooley if Gonzalez does, indeed, retire. i think Fred Davis could get a 3rd.

but McNabb? i dont know. i would think that McNabb's only real trade value migth come next season if a contending team loses a QB to injury in the first 6 weeks. the problem is that his deal would be triggered by then (a pretty smart contract by both parties, to be honest), and no team would really want to take on that money. i think that, realistically, we either keep mcnabb and pay him or let him go. i would think al ot of teams would want a restructure before getting Donovan, much less giving up draft picks for him.

other than Orakpo, Trent, and Landry, this team has very few valuable (i.e. tradeable) assets.

Hutch is on the downside of his career.

That trade scenario you proposed is eerily Cerratto-esque.

OL dont tail off like other positions that require skills that diminish w/ age (speed) and most stud bolt OL play up near 40. My point is simply that those 2 mentioned players of ours have NO future HERE. They are however valuable to the right team. Like I said, the Vikes will need both those positions filled and arent rebuilding like we are. It would be more "Cerratto-esgue" to not get ANYTHING for them (or undervalue)

Hutchinson is probably, what, 320?

not sure that he is nimble enough for this running scheme to begin with, much less on the downside of his career.

also, he will only become more injury prone as he gets older.

id rather get a 5th round pick than Hutchinson, to be honest.

OL dont tail off like other positions that require skills that diminish w/ age (speed) and most stud bolt OL play up near 40.

Orlando Pace is only 35 and he's been done for a few years. Ogden and Walter Jones... both 36 and both retired. Anthony Munoz retired at 34. I can keep going if you like.

Hutchinson is probably, what, 320?

not sure that he is nimble enough for this running scheme to begin with, much less on the downside of his career.

also, he will only become more injury prone as he gets older.

id rather get a 5th round pick than Hutchinson, to be honest.

Put the pipe down.......How many 5th rounders make an NFL team??? If your lucky enough to get one to develope, plays ST for 2 years before maybe starting year 3. ANY OL will get injured from getting rolled up on, Trent was dinged up time to time......Is he going to be "fragile" his whole career based off year #1??? Kory Lichtensucker is what 290 and sucks. Talent is talent no matter what.... thats like saying a certain WR cant be a WC system.....ABSURD, its all about running the same routes every system runs.

Put the pipe down.......How many 5th rounders make an NFL team??? If your lucky enough to get one to develope, plays ST for 2 years before maybe starting year 3. ANY OL will get injured from getting rolled up on, Trent was dinged up time to time......Is he going to be "fragile" his whole career based off year #1??? Kory Lichtensucker is what 290 and sucks. Talent is talent no matter what.... thats like saying a certain WR cant be a WC system.....ABSURD, its all about running the same routes every system runs.

plenty of 5th rounders make teams. enough 5th rounders make teams every year to where i dont even need to list examples.

and the weight of our guards DOES matter. it's not about talent - it's about being able to physically do the things that the scheme requires. talented players in general are good, but only if they are talented in the system. the patriots, for example, always speak about how they don't just give players general grades. they give players grades on how they can perform in the Patriots system.

you also jump to quite a conclusion about my thoughts on injury. every player gets hurt, and that doesnt mean they are injury prone. but age makes everyone injury prone, and why would we want to be stuck on the hook for Hutchinson 2-3 years from now when he is injured and a reserve UDFA is starting anyway? it just doesnt make sense.

a 5th round pick or better IS more valuable for us right now than Steve Hutchinson. how do you rebuild? you stockpile picks, get young, and build serviceable depth. you dont get older and try to "squeak out" a Wildcard appearance in the last couple years of a formerly great player's career.

I can go reserch players in my favor to, so whats your point?

No, you can't.

Going into the season, the OLDEST projected starting offensive lineman in the entire league was Jeff Saturday at 34. Hutchinson is already the 18th oldest starting lineman in the entire league.

And the words are "research" and "too".

They happen all the time, it just usually involves us getting the short end of the stick

Then name a time form each of the last ten year when a trade like this involving an aging vet for a 1-3 pick has happened.

Per Chris Mortensen 4 weeks ago, there isn't much of a market for McNabb. It's not hard to see.

Cardinals need to give us a 4th so that McNabb doesnt get to choose where he goes.

Cause he will choose the Vikings. Here's to a 4 or a 3rd :D

---------- Post added December-19th-2010 at 05:37 PM ----------

Time to draft a QB with our top 10 pick and go OL in the 2nd round.

rex can start off the season until our QB of the future is ready!

I think we could get a mid round pick for McNabb, especially if there is a team out there with multiple picks with questions at QB. JC has thrown 2 ints against Denver, so maybe Oakland would want him. Last night on NFL Total Access, they made is sound like McNabb would still be the best QB available this offseason and should have a lot of interest.

Archived