Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Trade Value for McNabb...

HRNY4ZRNY

I really think a lot of you are underestimating McNabb's value. He's easily the best available veteran QB this offseason and is worth a midround pick. Even a team that plans to draft a QB will probably want a veteran QB.

Haynesworth and McNabb for a 3rd would make me happy.

---------- Post added December-20th-2010 at 01:40 PM ----------

Mike Shanahan can redeem himself this offseason but Bruce Allen better be calling teams and get something done.

Big OFFSEASON for them. Team needs 3 OL, 3 DL, WR, QB, RB, LB, CB, FS, P, K. That is 14 new players.

Haynesworth and McNabb for a 3rd would make me happy.

Why? Each one is worth a midround pick. Despite the drama Haynesworth provided for us, he's still a beast DT that thrives in a 4-3. McNabb is still one of the more respected veteran QBs and will be the biggest QB name out there this offseason. Trading both should yield two midround picks. No reason to settle for one. A team like San Fran has a lot of pieces in place. They just desperately need a QB. Even if they do draft a QB, they would still probably want a solid veteran. McNabb is the perfect veteran QB that a team would like to mentor a young QB. There are a lot of teams out there that need a QB. On NFL Total Access, they were saying 10 teams would probably have an interest.

Why? Each one is worth a midround pick. Despite the drama Haynesworth provided for us, he's still a beast DT that thrives in a 4-3. McNabb is still one of the more respected veteran QBs and will be the biggest QB name out there this offseason. Trading both should yield two midround picks. No reason to settle for one. A team like San Fran has a lot of pieces in place. They just desperately need a QB. Even if they do draft a QB, they would still probably want a solid veteran. McNabb is the perfect veteran QB that a team would like to mentor a young QB. There are a lot of teams out there that need a QB. On NFL Total Access, they were saying 10 teams would probably have an interest.

Heck, if we can start a bidding war, perhaps we can even get more than one pick.

I get what ur saying I defenitly would love say a 3rd and a 4th.

At the end of the day... I just dont want to get nothing by just cutting them. We have to many holes not to get anything in return.

The Cardinals would love McNabb over Derek Anderson on Skelton or Hall. They brought in a veteran in Warner and almost won the superbowl. McNabb could thrive in Arizona.

When the Giants acuqired Kurt Warner, what did the Rams get in trade value? Similarly, when the Cardinals acquired him, what did they get from the Giants?

Warner's past trade value is probably a good benchmark by which to judge McNabb. Warner, like McNabb now, was at a point where he was let go by two teams in one year.

You guys must be high if you think were getting anything better then a 5th rounder (that's even a stretch). Here's why his value took a nose dive.

1. He had a shaky season.

2. The way his contract is structured the team that gets him has to shell out 10mill.

3. We publicly demoted him thus ensuring that he wont be back. This also took away our leverage, because teams know we don't want him back.

4. Two QB coaches have now passed on him (reid and shanny)

5. He's a year older.

When the Giants acuqired Kurt Warner, what did the Rams get in trade value? Similarly, when the Cardinals acquired him, what did they get from the Giants?

Warner's past trade value is probably a good benchmark by which to judge McNabb. Warner, like McNabb now, was at a point where he was let go by two teams in one year.

Warner was released by the Rams because of the salary cap. Warner was released from the Giants. I don't even think they tried to trade him. Probably why neither team got anything.

Warner was released by the Rams because of the salary cap. Warner was released from the Giants. I don't even think they tried to trade him. Probably why neither team got anything.

Exactly, neither team got anything for Warner, which is exactly what the Redskins will get for McNabb. As another poster mentioned, McNabb's contract is also an issue. The team that takes McNabb will look for a bargain. They will not want to honor his $10 million contract next season.

On another note, Ernie Grunfield has now made two unthinkable trades in his career with the Wizards: 1) trading bust Kwame Brown for future all-star Caron Butler and 2) moving Gilbert's impossible to trade contract. Those types of trades happen in the NBA, not the NFL.

The Warner story is EXACTLY what we have to pump, and when teams say they'll wait to be released, we tell them that aint happening.......He has more value as a veteran back up and AH can opt to retire from the game before we cave anymore to his antics. Need to play hardball instead of them dictate what happens. A 10M bonus really aint that much, compared to a guarenteed contract for a QB in the top 5 or #1 overall, that would be 35-40M. Its proven (Warner) that a veteran QB can take you to the verge, Favre also took Minny to the Conf.championship, so they still are a QB away from the dance. Arizona also..... grab #5 and reload the #2 WR made vacant by AB and possibly Breaston is a FA this year and not a bonafide studbolt. It can happen and isnt really "Madden-like"

Exactly, neither team got anything for Warner, which is exactly what the Redskins will get for McNabb. As another poster mentioned, McNabb's contract is also an issue. The team that takes McNabb will look for a bargain. They will not want to honor his $10 million contract next season.

On another note, Ernie Grunfield has now made two unthinkable trades in his career with the Wizards: 1) trading bust Kwame Brown for future all-star Caron Butler and 2) moving Gilbert's impossible to trade contract. Those types of trades happen in the NBA, not the NFL.

I guess we'll see. I think we will get something. I think it's the reason why they signed him to an extension. They wanted his rights. The contract is not lucrative.

It doesn't matter what McNabb is worth in trade value. We have told the NFL by his benching that he will not be here anymore and therefore nobody will pay to take him off our hands (same with Haynesworth). With his hefty contract and bonus coming in the offseason we have to cut McNabb, or keep him.

Exactly!!!

Haynesworth should have been moved/ waived PRIOR to the season opener. The 1st benching and subsequent 'explanations' killed D5's value.... This benching just lowered it more.

There's only 1 situation in which we get a pick for McNabb;

2 teams have to be interested in him enough that one of them takes the pre-emptive strike.

If only 1 team wants him, they will wait until we release him. To do otherwise would be dumb.

The only other thing we can do is threaten to force him to stay as a back-up in order to get him to restructure his contract for less money next year so that he becomes more attractive to a bidder. Because at 10 million gauranteed next year, i'm not sure there will be a lot of takers after the season he's had.

I don't see McNabb leaving D.C. for much more than a 5th rounder at this point. He's proved NOTHING this year (other than Andy Reid knows what he's doing), and this recent business around him isn't favorable for his value. Carolina, Minnesota, maybe Seattle or San Francisco gives up something, but not a 4th or better.

I see McNabb and Haynesworth being traded for another player(s). Haynesworth would probably fit in well in Seattle for an aging / struggling Hasselbeck? Who knows? I just don't think either draw a huge amount of attention from other teams. We should take what's offered as far as the draft is concerned.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in Allen's / Shanny's office during those talks with Fisher. I'm dying to know what Tenn. offered.

I don't think McNabb holds a high trade value. He's played very poor this year and he'll be 35 in the middle of next season. He's almost done has far as his career is concerned. I think they can make off with a third round pick. I don't think many teams will be anxious to trade for him. Teams that are rebuilding aren't looking for a mid 30's quarterback and many teams already have an established quarterback. Now the Childress is out in Minnesota, I doubt they will look at him.

2nd and a 3rd? That's not going to happen.

A 3rd is probably closer to what they would offer.

And I wouldn't let him go for a 3rd.

It's pretty amazing that many people here were willing to give JC a ton of years, yet they want to trade McNabb after only 1.

Malcolm and D Thomas--two obvious busts from day 1? Let's give them 3 years.

McNabb? A proven winner--let's give up on him.

We gave Jason five years to only find out he's a journey man quarterback. Shanny knows. Why do you think he's gotten rid of both. They know their system and know what they want out of their quarterbacks.

To answer the question, take what you can get period.

Archived