Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Top 5 things YOU would change to this Organization

@DCGoldPants

As another super happy fun season is coming to a close, I think this would be a good time for some constructive feedback from the fans.

If you could change 5 things within the Redskins Organization, what would they be?

here is my list.

5. Replace Danny Smith with a new Special Teams Coach

4. Improve the FedEx experience (better security from drunken idiots, and less ads at every stop of play)

3. 100% new broadcast booth. Sam is slipping, Sonny sounds cranky, and Larry is awful.

2. No more trading picks from the first 4 rounds for players on other rosters (for at least 2 offseasons)

1. For team leadership to pull a Leonsis, get in front of the mic and be honest with the fans that this process will take time and that includes making some painful choices that don't equal immediate results.

5) Begin plans on a 70,000 - 75,000 seat stadium on the lot of RFK. Small-ish, loud, intimate. Give us a true home field advantage. 100,000+ is stupid.

4) Build a state of the art practice facility. See - Seattle Seahawks.

3) Completely rebuild our scouting department. The best of the best.

2) Stop selling the team as "WIN NOW" in all your promotions and be honest. Be 100% upfront with the fans about the plan over the next 5 years.

1) Reduce ticket prices next year by 10% as a "Thank You" to the fans for the past decade.

None of my things will ever happen. But it is a wish list.

5) Begin plans on a 70,000 - 75,000 seat stadium on the lot of RFK. Small-ish, loud, intimate. Give us a true home field advantage. 100,000+ is stupid.

2) Stop selling the team as "WIN NOW" in all your promotions and be honest. Be 100% upfront with the fans about the plan over the next 5 years.

1) Reduce ticket prices next year by 10% as a "Thank You" to the fans for the past decade.

Sign me up for this.

Yo, not cool. You stole my post :)

Danny Smith has done a decent job on special teams. It's not his fault some of the players make boneheaded plays.

getting rid of that no talent hack Larry Michael is a must.

Would much rather institute changes aimed at making us more competitive than something as trivial as who announces our games. Hell, Glen Beck could be the Skins announcer for all I care - as long as we finally build a solid foundation based on youth and building through the draft.

Would much rather institute changes aimed at making us more competitive than something as trivial as who announces our games. Hell, Glen Beck could be the Skins announcer for all I care - as long as we finally build a solid foundation based on youth and building through the draft.

Larry Michael is Dan Snyder's version of Baghdad Bob. The guy is a complete moron, it would certainly help my sanity if he was booted off the air.

1 - trade, Trade, TRADE!!! - Moss, Davis/Cooley, Haynesworth, Carter. I dont care if they only net us a 7th round pick each.

2 - cut, Cut, CUT!!! - Portis, Rabach, Sellers

3 - Let Rogers and McIntosh walk, both will net us a comp pick.

4 - Open the wallet and sign the best FA Gs and C out there

5 - Open the wallet and sign the best college scouts on available.

Thats 6 extra picks to go with the 7 we already have. 13 picks to spend or move around in the draft. We could also move back since we will be picking top 10. We could easily walk away with well over 15 picks in the draft. Time to get young.

3/4 (trade for Cooley/Davis)

4 (comp for Rogers)

4 (trade for Haynesworth)

5 (comp for Rocky)

5 (trade for Moss)

7 (Carter trade)

5. Keep the gold pants as a permanent uniform change

4. Move the team back to D.C. or the old RFK site.

3. 100% new broadcast booth. Sam is slipping, Sonny sounds cranky, and Larry is awful. Bring in Joey T, Charles Mann and Scott Van Pelt.

2. No more trading picks from the first 4 rounds for players on other rosters (for at least 2 offseasons)

1. For team leadership to pull a Leonsis, get in front of the mic and be honest with the fans that this process will take time and that includes making some painful choices that don't equal immediate results.

Larry Michael is Dan Snyder's version of Baghdad Bob. The guy is a complete moron, it would certainly help my sanity if he was booted off the air.

Exactly. He's a symbol of what was wrong with this team for so many years. Paint a pretty picture, lie to the fans. Call out the media. Then when he's wrong....pretend like none of that was said.

Staple a flag to his ass and mail him to Iran.

A great thread

I actually think the best thing this organization could do is to build better fan relations.

Have Dan Snyder speak to the media. Have Dan Snyder respond to emails.

He has shown he is listening to us by his moves in the off-season, but I really hate how we have a owner that is so stand offish.

The only other thing I would like would be for the time to move back to DC. I agree that I feel like FedEx has lost the home field advantage.

could fans help make this happen? i mean, start a petition, a fund, something. I swear I would give a 1000 bucks (trust me i'm not rich) to do this!

Get out of my head, dude! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

---------- Post added December-13th-2010 at 02:20 PM ----------

Does Snyder have some kind of lease on FedEx?

What complications, if any, would prevent the team from moving back to DC?

I think we have to honor our lease at FedEx until the 2020s. After that, we can move, but it won't be that easy. I think the organization has had a lot of difficulty with the D.C. government; so it may not even happen.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the team has a deal with the State of MD and PG County to stay there X amount of years.

As far as building a new stadium. I'd be fine with a much smaller place.....retractable roof even. But where do you put it? I think the RFK is on land owned by the Feds, and leased to the city. That would need to be re-upped.

If they were smart, they would build a huge complex that had the new stadium, a AFL indoor stadium, and even something for the MLS team. Then let businesses grow around it like Verizon Center.

Way ahead of ourselves though. I would just love to see Shanny and Allen get up and say "We thought it would be easier...but we were wrong. This is going to take some time, but please stick with us"

This could be a verly likely scenario^^^^^^^^^^If that was the case I would say we need....

1 NT

2 WR

3/4 (trade for Cooley/Davis) OG

4 (comp for Rogers)WILB

4 (trade for Haynesworth)DB

5 OG

5 WILB

5 (comp for Rocky) SS

5 (trade for Moss) OT

6 C

7 WR

7 WR

7 (Carter trade) Mr. Carter will bring us the best gift which is the Franchise Kicker For The Next Ten Years!!!!! Ayooooooo

I like all those things, but one that gets me...

Am I crazy, or am I the only one that remembers Shanny pretty much DID tell us to be patient, it's a rebuilding process. He said that. I don't know how some of you would like him to word it, but you certainly can't call him dishonest with the fans.

I guess the signing of McNabb made you think otherwise, or the signing of anyone near 30...but you have to fill the holes from somewhere, you can't just have ALL undrafted 20 year olds going into this season...you'd be asking for 0-16.

As has been said before, if Shanny says to everyone "we're NOT winning a superbowl this year so forget about it" that doesn't help anything. There's is absolutely NOTHING this team can say that will make the fans 100% happy. Oh, we will find something. And if he said that, we would be wanting our ******* coach outta here. He said "it's a process. A long process" more times than I can remember in the offseason. People know it's rebuilding, don't act like the way Shanny words it will really make a difference.

Archived