Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Odds on McNabb Sticking Around?

1972dodgedart

I hope we keep McNabb while we rebuild. We need stability somewhere. BUT if we could trade DM to the Vikings for several good draft choices, would you take that trade offer?

I only agree with trading mcnabb if we get two good draft picks for him....same compensation as we gave the eagles......I don't even think we will get that though.......and I feel the only way they will get rid of McNabb is if the public is made well aware that we are in the "true" rebuilding mode. Shanahan doesn't want to look bad in the public eye...so he will have to make it extremely evident that next year is a throw away year and he has no hopes of making playoffs and just trying to get draft picks for the draft in 2011 and just rebuild the next two years and begin to try to compete in 2012....but doubt it will even be before 2013 or 2014

I would not blame McNabb if he wanted to leave. This team has more serious problems to solve with other positions. McNabb has provided more stability at quarterback in terms of leadership than we have had in many years. Shanny will get a lot of flack if we lose him. If our line does not improve, then McNabb will go to a team that can protect him better in the pocket next year. It will be interesting to see what happens. I do not want some rookie quarterback starting for us next year because if that happens we will be locked into "full rebuilding" mode. We can draft a quarterback to groom and let the former Bear quarterback go somewhere else.

not going to be back. the out after this year will be used. shanahans have seen enough and will conclude that he is not accurate enough for this offense, he also doesnt have the weapons here, he still has 3 good years in him but he needs to go to a team that is more established, redskins need to go young. win win for everyone. we will draft the qb of the furture and he will sit behind grossman and beck until he's ready, we hope sooner than later. 90/10 not coming back

i think we made a smart move with his deal. his future is basically in our hands so that if some team like AZ or MN wants to jump on him they're going to have to give up some of those draft picks i've heard such good things about.

The Vikings' interest might have gotten a little stronger after tonight's game with the Giants -- Tavaris Jackson was horrendous.

Didn't know Sidney Rice will be a free agent.

The Vikings' interest might have gotten a little stronger after tonight's game with the Giants -- Tavaris Jackson was horrendous.

they have put themselves in such a bad situation that they are going to go around the NFL begging for a qb. i mean you can't hit the reset button and try to groom a new qb, these guys aren't getting any younger.

them and NY (jets) are in such bad positions because they sold out to win now that they are going to have to make some bad deals in order to keep their teams afloat

I like McNabb...he hasn't played great but a year of playing behind this line will get you throwing unforced into the dirt. It's been a brutal season.

But I think its 50/50. If we are going with a youth movement - if guys like Moss and Cooley are being traded for picks - he should go for sure, whether or not we can trade him anything (I'm still not clear - I think we could do a sign and trade)

I hope he comes back.. He's been less than spectacular, obviously, but he still has a leadership quality that we need and he'd make a great mentor for a young QB if we get one in the next 2 years.. Although, if we could recoup the picks we spent on him, I'd take it in a flash.. But I just dont like the fact that we could end up throwing away GOOD draft picks for a 1 year rental.. Plus if the line improves just a little bit, he might actually start playing better. The last drive against the Bucs he looked like the QB we traded for.. We have alot bigger fish to fry than QB (at this point) imo..

1) McNabb comes back, Grossman and Beck are back {2 to 1 }

2) Mcnabb comes back, Shanahan either drafts a qb or picks up a young one in a trade {3 to 1 }

3) Mcnabb gets traded, Redskins mortgage future on Luck {3 to 1}

4) Mcnabb gets traded, Redskins trade for another veteran- IE (Carson Palmer) { 5 to 1 }

Odds are in red

2) Mcnabb comes back, Shanahan either drafts a qb or picks up a young one in a trade {3 to 1 }

4) Mcnabb gets traded, Redskins trade for another veteran- IE (Carson Palmer) { 5 to 1 }

Odds are in red

Yep, I'd say pretty much the only way we don't bring back McNabb is that we get Luck (and even then I would not be surprised if we keep McNabb unless trading McNabb was the only way) or an even better vet becomes available. Still got 3 more games and an offseason which could change those odds for better or worse. Also, with a potential lockout, there could be even more time.

Yep and I'm hoping we take a good look at him. If we signed Sidney Rice and James Jones, our WR corps would be leaps and bounds better and these are both guys that won't come with the Haynesworthish attitude that we might get from a Vincent Jackson.

Man it's time to let all the Vets walk and no re-signig. I mean, what is it going to take to REBUILD..seriously...This team especially the Vets are bruised and beaten and have no more fight left for the NFC East. Mentally, half the vets are bruised mentally from the years of a circus like environment here and lose half the battles before they even start (See Giant, Eagles) and now the upcoming Cowboys game. We will lose the Cowboy game by atleast 2 TD'S IMO.

The Vets here cannot handle a true fight when it comes to the NFC East or any team able to counter punch them.

REBUILD...

I agree with you 100%. It looked like Santana was going to start crying after Sundays game! I think the fight is just gone from the guys who have been going through this for the past 4 or 5 seasons, or even longer!

I'm finding it harder every week to see him going through another year with the Shannys if he has opportunities elsewhere. No evidence that either side has any real commitment to the other. I expect to see Grossman very soon.
Donovan is not going anywhere. TK has confirmed this on several posts.
I doubt that Mike Shanahan or Bruce Allen know for sure at this point whether McNabb will be back next year. The out in his contact was placed there for a reason.

:attention::google::look:

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 08:22 AM ----------

Odds are in red

I disagree with one, I don't see Grossman and Beck both coming back, one goes, my guess is Grossman and a young guy is brought in. I know, I know, no vet, but I think the really like Beck and would risk starting him.

This thread has become typical fans that want to finger point to someone just like you all accuse Shanny of doing. McNabb is only one person on the field. Everyone gripes about his production, but if he was good enough to overcome every other weakness of the Redskins by himself then we wouldn't need the rest of the team or all the coaching staff. The Redskins woes are a collection of glaring weaknesses that are contributing to their, as they're often referred to as, "growing pains". The offensive line has played just as inconsistant as McNabb, the receivers have dropped several passes throughout the season, the defense (despite the drama of Haynesworth) has fell from grace in the top 5 to the bottom of the barrel, and all new coaches that want to "tinkle" their scent on a team so they can attempt to inflate their egos with wins in their own fashion. The list goes on and on, not to mention bad previous draft strategies. A team needs continuity to become excellent day in and day out at what they are asked to do. If you had to completely forget everything you knew about your daily routine and then replace it with all new approaches each year, then you too would likely become less effective throughout your day. The more the Redskins decide to "ditch" players and try to bring in someone else, especially QB's, then they will always be mediocre at best. Out of all the problems the Redskins have and their pressing needs, Their top two (yes I said two) draft picks need to be OL. The OL is the foundation of any team. Solid protection helps the run game, the passing game, gives better chance of scoring, sustains drives by allowing better time for plays to develop, and keeps the defense off the field and the opposing offense off as well. Without a good OL, even many of the elite QB's would struggle often. Stop being "cry babies" doing a bunch of finger pointing, and just start putting the pieces of the puzzle together correctly.

possibly, i can see them trying to trade up for the Qb from standford, I really do. He's like th second coming of Elway same school strong arm and very athletic and smart and tough.It will hurt but to get a premium qb of that caliber will help no doubt question is how much will they have to pay.Part will depend on where they finish and the first pick and who else wants it.I am in no way saying they should only that i feel that Shanahan will at least try.If this guy is as good as they say then they probably should because these kind of guys don't come around but once in a decade, if they are able to do that trade i figure Mcnabb would be a part of it but it would be great to keep him while they train this qb.But if they can get the first pick without trading Mcnabb then maybe they trade him for some good young oline help or a second rd pick who knows.I figure this offseason will be very entertaining as always. stay tuned.

possibly, i can see them trying to trade up for the Qb from standford, I really do. He's like th second coming of Elway same school strong arm and very athletic and smart and tough.It will hurt but to get a premium qb of that caliber will help no doubt question is how much will they have to pay.Part will depend on where they finish and the first pick and who else wants it.I am in no way saying they should only that i feel that Shanahan will at least try.If this guy is as good as they say then they probably should because these kind of guys don't come around but once in a decade, if they are able to do that trade i figure Mcnabb would be a part of it but it would be great to keep him while they train this qb.But if they can get the first pick without trading Mcnabb then maybe they trade him for some good young oline help or a second rd pick who knows.I figure this offseason will be very entertaining as always. stay tuned.

One would have to count on Carolina getting the #1 pick.

They have 1 win, they play Pittsburgh, Arizona and Atlanta

So they may beat Arizona, and maybe Atlanta, if Atlanta rest their starters, doubtful tho.

They will probally end up at 2-14.

Fox will be gone, so they may go with Cowher, or Harbaugh.

Either way the new coach is going to want his own QB. So if Luck comes out, thats where he will end up, and I dont see them wanting to trade down.

Then there is the chance that the Bengals lose out and if Carolina wins one game they are both sitting at 2-14, not sure how they would figure who goes number 1, maybe strength of scheadule?

If the Bengals get the first pick, there may be an option to trade down, that is of course if the new coach decides to keep Carson Palmer.

I don't understand your response. Please explain.

Dude started a thread without researching his question. You can google McNabb extremeskins and get the info. A contract was signed, the OP writes this as if McNabb could just choose to go somewhere else if he thinks the oppourtunity is better. Unless he is traded or cut this is not happening. I don't see McNabb sitting out, he just signed.

About 353,000 results (0.32 seconds)

Search ResultsWashington Redskins sign Donovan McNabb to 5-year, $78M extension ...Nov 16, 2010 ... New Deal For McNabb. Redskins and Donovan McNabb have agreed to a ... the Redskins would sign McNabb to an extension before his contract ...

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5809694 - CachedDonovan McNabb Signs New Deal With Washington Redskins | Bleacher ...Nov 15, 2010 ... I hate to say I told you so, no wait I love to say I told you so. Michael Smith of ESPN is reporting that the Washington Redskins and ...

bleacherreport.com/.../518394-washington-redskins-breaking-news-donovan -mcnabb-signs-new-deal - CachedDaily News Corner » McNabb Signs Deal With the RedskinsNov 21, 2010 ... This Monday, Donovan McNabb signed an agreement with the Washington Redskins on a five-year contract, and by the following day the details ...

dailynewscorner.com › Sports - CachedRedskins Sign McNabb for Five More Years - NYTimes.comNov 15, 2010 ... McNabb had just one year remaining on his contract when the Redskins acquired him in a trade from the Eagles in the off-season, ...

I just don't see where McNabb could choose greener pastures or has indicated he would, so why make that presumption?

Well, now that Albert is gone I figured we would slowly move right back into this . . . our second favorite fan topic.

Just so we have a clear time line:

1) McNabb said he wanted to end his career here.

9) Redskins fans and media go right back to making **** up.

Good times. . . good times.

You forgot:

10) Profit!

Archived